Official Niketalk DJ Thread vol. NO REQUESTS

Where in the world do DJ's get their music?

When it comes to spending money...house dj's spend a bit here on:

Traxsource
Beatport

Also find a great dj who has a podcast, and listen to what they play, cause they're in the loop (as someone said on here, they get promo emails) so you can find dope tracks that are not too commercial. From there, you'll start to look for tracks, and you'll find some of the smaller producers trying to get out there, even releasing tracks for free.

Most DJs I know are into file sharing a lot. I know a lot of house DJs because I used to throw after hours loft parties for a few years. Records have gone the way of the 8 track for the most part. You can carry 25-30 crates of records in your backpack now! LOL

so i'm putting a mix together, but a few of the tracks are unreleased with full leaks on soundcloud

i don't normally do soundcloud rips, and only do 320kbps/WAV, but since i'm uploading it back onto soundcloud anyways will there be any real difference in quality on those tracks?

I've never ripped anything off soundcloud.

Always give a mix the car test before releasing it so you can hear drops in audio that you might have missed. If there are go back in to wherever you make the mix and adjust accordingly.

ripping off soundcloud i believe is at 192 or 128 kbps. ive done it if HAVE to.

the quality does make a difference, specially when youre playing in a venue with quality speakers.

i havent posted on NT in over a year. been very busy as of late. wanted to share a few of the last mixes ive done.

open format:

hiphop:

indie- deep house - chill vibes:

i put out a lot of edits. email me at [email protected] and ill link u with all the packs ive put out.
would like to get this thread goign again :nerd: :nerd:

^oh nah, the question I was asking was to rip off of soundcloud in order to upload back onto it in a mix done for soundcloud

I'd never use a soundcloud rip live

Last edited:
Where do you guys get your drops at?
I work at a radio station so they usually get them for us, but if you keep an eye on mixingtools.net they have artist drops listed every now and then but they charge $$$

also if you look on tjsdjs forum they have artist that do drops every now and then for free..... got one from the ying yang twins/mya/

I always wish this thread would pick up but it never does lol anybody have any good gigs last night

^^^same here.
I dj i tamppa for the weekend. did the blue martini up there and some spot in st pete.
blue martini was actually pretty legit, dj with my boy dj ku, who was the redbull thre3style southeast champ back in 2012

Playing a rooftop lounge tonight.
Owner has turntables and cdj's. 

Looked all over for my serato cd's but no luck lol 

Ive always done turntables at gigs…except that one time someone had a ns7 at the club lol 

Is this still the official DJ thread? I'm new to the hobby/profession and want to chop it up with the dj's of NT for advice.

Finally got around to replacing the pop up lights with LEDs. Bought these turns used in 94 and the lights never worked. (I was also hesitant to do it because of the involved steps. But it actually wasn't bad.)

Here's a few steps for anyone wanting to do it.

Remove 27 screws on the back. Leave the screws in the RCA plate.
20220405_213743.jpg

Remove the rubber base to access the light.
20220405_214953.jpg

Disconnect the light and replace the bulb. Solder the connections.
20220405_220117.jpg

Reverse and your done.
20220405_144656.jpg

Super easy now that I've done it. You guys can do it too!
20220405_232404.jpg

Lovely!
Thanks for sharing that.
That’s dope!!!!!
Any recommendations on a needle case guys?
I’ve gone through 3 broken needles. Not just the stylus but the actual needle lol

Really want to get into vinyl/scratching but it's so much money. Been dj'ing techno for a lil over a decade, currently have a Pioneer XDJ RX-2 at the house.

Back
Top Bottom