Official NikeTalk Fantasy Basketball Leagues Now Forming!

Do I need to worry if I haven't been placed or invited yet? :nerd:
nerd.gif
:wow:
embarassed.gif
:frown:
frown.gif

It's cuz I'm a Laker fan isn't it? Gotta keep a Kobe fan down. :lol:
laugh.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
MIAMI DOLPHINS
LA LAKERS
CHICAGO CUBS
MIAMI HURRICANES

No, each league is being run by a different staff member so you're dealing with different schedules.

Plus, we're not entirely sure that enough demand will exist at this point to fill ALL of our divisions, so we're waiting to see who's interested in representing each area before assigning people to leagues.

Some leagues haven't sent out any invitations yet for this reason. In other cases, we're inviting everyone to leagues we KNOW we'll ultimately use to see how many people actually accept the invites.

So, don't worry - we have everyone's information right here and we'll be sending out invitations to EVERYONE who's applied so far. It's just a matter of figuring out WHERE to place everyone.

Next year, this should be a lot easier, but since this is the FIRST time we've done this we're not sure how much interest exists or if we can fill all 7 leagues 100%. We need to have the same number of teams in each league for this to be fair.

why don't we just do a live draft on everyone who can do it and give the best available to whoever doesn't show
that way they'd still get the best available, and everyone won't have the same generic teams in all the leagues
TEAMMUSICFORUM
Where Your Opinion is Wrong
And Lauryn Hill isn't on Lil' Wayne's level.​

Quote:
why don't we just do a live draft on everyone who can do it and give the best available to whoever doesn't show that way they'd still get the best available, and everyone won't have the same generic teams in all the leagues

Everyone won't have the same teams as long as people adjust their predraft rankings.

That way, everyone has the same chance of getting the players they want. If you participate in a live draft, you have a huge advantage because you can pick according to your needs, you'll know what players you have and if, for example, you got the center you wanted you could move on to address another position whereas those participating via autodraft might wind up with redundancies, since their selections are made based on rank rather than need.

So, we want EVERYONE drafting by the same rules. AFTER the draft, you can arrange trades and MOST people in your league will be looking to deal as well. Since everyone can trade at their own pace, it's a far more equitable means of distributing talented players than to expect everyone to show up at such and such a time and date and draft for 4 hours.

It's not too late. We'll make an announcement in this thread once all invitations have been sent and all available slots have been filled.

Method Man:
No, each league is being run by a different staff member so you're dealing with different schedules.

Method Man:
we're not sure how much interest exists or if we can fill all 7 leagues

I'm just curious on who these 7 staff members are. I've already seen holdenmichael, 23ska909red02, kdwallace, and Method Man who are actively setting this thing up. Who are the other 3 mod/admins?
TeamWolfShirts________GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

VABigPoppa is running our Atlantic division, Ska's on the Central, Kdwallace has the International division, holdenmichael's manning the Pacific, and I'll be holding down the Southeast division. Southwest and Northwest have yet to be determined - we're not 100% sure we'll be filling those leagues yet.

We have 5 leagues with 20 teams max per league, so if we receive 100 or fewer participants we'll just go with 5 leagues. It just depends on how much interest there is and whether people keep signing up at the current rate or it starts to slow down.

[email protected]

northern california
GOLDEN STATE WARRIOR S
Azubuike - Barnes - Belinelli - Biedrins - Croshere - Davis - Ellis
Harrington Hudson - Jackson - Lasme - O'Bryant - Perovic - Pietrus - Wright

Quote:
It just depends on how much interest there is and whether people keep signing up at the current rate or it starts to slow down.
of the season.
LETS GO YANKEES! RED SOX SUCK LMFAOOO.

TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin 23ska909red02 KingLouisXIV DS 530s Finest sir hendrix Rexanglorum Kiddin Like Jason
TEAMCOWBOYS

GREENREDGREEN:
Central?
What about it?
4L8O15S16T23!42
My 5 teams: 1. ANGELS, 2. LAKERS (I grew up on Angels/Lakers games), 3. UK WILDCATS (my wife is from Kentucky), 4. TN TITANS (we married and started our lives together in Tennessee), 5. L.A. SPARKS (WNBA/Sparks fan since Day One). When my teams aren't playing, I'll always show love for these SoCal teams: L.A. CLIPPERS, S.D. PADRES, Anaheim DUCKS, USC TROJANS, S.D. CHARGERS, L.A. AVENGERS, L.A. DODGERS, U.C.L.A. BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, L.A. GALAXY. "This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard, and the Jello's jigglin!" -Chick Hearn (R.I.P.)​

Back
Top Bottom