Official NLDS Atlanta Braves vs. San Francisco Giants Thread (3-1 SF) Giants Advance (TBS)

Anyone have a really good video of Tim Lincecum's celebration?
nerd.gif

*Edit*
MLB.com has some, but they cut off when he's about to say "
ay7bix.gif
yeah! Shut up!"
laugh.gif

I cannot take too many more stressful games like the past 3, can we please get a margin of victory thats more than 1

Originally Posted by aec23

I cannot take too many more stressful games like the past 3, can we please get a margin of victory thats more than 1
They had a four run lead and lost. I'll take the one run leads with the W.
laugh.gif

That bottom 8th - top 9th - bottom 9th sequence had me on a rollercoaster.

I have a lot of confidence in Bumgarner today though...let's finish this up and rest up for the NLCS!

The key is getting a few run early. When I say early, I mean the first inning. I have a lot of confidence in Madison because of the composure he shows on the mound. What worries me is that he hasn't pitched since September 30th, but it may benefit the rookie who has never pitched this many innings in his life.

Winning this game is HUGE because it means Timmy doesn't have to pitch on Wednesday. A well-rested Timmy has proven to be lights out. So having him start game 1 vs the Phillies would be big. Look for Uribe to have a good game. U-U-U-ribe!

Tonight's Lineup (No Conrad)

1. Omar Infante, 2B
2. Matt Diaz, LF
3. Derrek Lee, 1B
4. Brian McCann, C
5. Alex Gonzalez, SS
6. Jason Heyward, RF
7. Troy Glaus, 3B
8. Rick Ankiel, CF
9. Derek Lowe, P

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

The key is getting a few run early. When I say early, I mean the first inning. I have a lot of confidence in Madison because of the composure he shows on the mound. What worries me is that he hasn't pitched since September 30th, but it may benefit the rookie who has never pitched this many innings in his life.

Winning this game is HUGE because it means Timmy doesn't have to pitch on Wednesday. A well-rested Timmy has proven to be lights out. So having him start game 1 vs the Phillies would be big. Look for Uribe to have a good game. U-U-U-ribe!
Yup. A well-rested Timmy gives us a chance in game 1 against Halladay.

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

Tonight's Lineup (No Conrad)

1. Omar Infante, 2B
2. Matt Diaz, LF
3. Derrek Lee, 1B
4. Brian McCann, C
5. Alex Gonzalez, SS
6. Jason Heyward, RF
7. Troy Glaus, 3B
8. Rick Ankiel, CF
9. Derek Lowe, P
Thank you.

Missed Game 3 due to work, and paid attention to the score on my ESPN Scorecenter app.  Aside from Brooks 3 errors, I didn't understand why Bobby pulled Kimbrel out for Mike Dunn with two outs and two men on base.  And Kimbrel has been lights out for us...
30t6p3b.gif

^ I agree if they are grooming Kimbrel to be the closer of the future he should've been left in the game I thought he would've struck out Huff and he was blowing fastballs right past Freddy Sanchez, but decided to throw him a slider.

What was the biggest mistake made in the top of the 9th?

1. Kimbrel putting the tying run on base via walk
2. Kimbrel throwing Freddy a slider after blowing two fastballs right by him
3. Conrad's error.

I think arguments can be made for any of them.

[table][tr][th="col"]M. Bumgarner SF
blank_player2.gif
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]D. Lowe Atl
5801.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]7-6[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]16-12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.00[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]4.00[/td] [/tr][tr][td]86[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]136[/td] [/tr][tr][td]26[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]61[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.31[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.37[/td][/tr][/table]
CF Torres
2B Sanchez
1B Huff
C Posey
LF Burrell
SS Uribe
3B Fontenot
RF Ross
P Bumgarner

laugh.gif
 The Giants have no clue where Lowe's sinker is going.  Missing by more than a foot.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by Uter Zorker

2enudxd.jpg

WHERE TO COP!?!?!?!?!
If I remember, they were selling these outside the stadium.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

$5 from any of the guys who chill outside AT&T.
Giants looks too pumped up in their swings.  They need to calm down vs Lowe

Back
Top Bottom