Official NT Cologne Thread: Current Splits *check most current page* HTTP is an online exclusive by

Any of you guys ever dabble into fragrance/essential oils and making your own blends? Trying to DIY a reed diffuser to cover up the funk in my bedroom and need some recipe ideas.

Last edited:
Any of you guys ever dabble into fragrance/essential oils and making your own blends? Trying to DIY a reed diffuser to cover up the funk in my bedroom and need some recipe ideas.
you should look up the notes of one of your favorite colognes and try to recreate that. That would be cool to try and make your own version of it

sniffin out a sample of tom ford oud wood, and think i might need a full bottle in my life. seems like it will be a good classy frag for fall especially. anyone got any experience with it? or any feedback at all?

Today I tried out the Bal d'Afrique I got from Extrait de Minimalisme Extrait de Minimalisme

Can't say I like it too much. Smells like cigar smoke or incense. I know my girl wouldn't be a fan of this fragrance on me lol
I've come to the conclusion I'm a fan of fruit-like scents

My favorites, the past 2 yrs I've been in this thread: Aventus (favorite by far), HTTP, Bleeker Street, Purple Label. Any suggestions along those lines?

Last edited:
Today I tried out the Bal d'Afrique I got from Extrait de Minimalisme Extrait de Minimalisme

Can't say I like it too much. Smells like cigar smoke or incense. I know my girl wouldn't be a fan of this fragrance on me lol

My favorites, the past 2 yrs I've been in this thread: Aventus (favorite by far), HTTP, Bleeker Street, Purple Label. Any suggestions along those lines?
this seems very backwards to me :lol: bda is fruity and aventus, bleecker, and pl all have smokey qualities

Should definitely smell nothing like you described lol.

Yea bal dafrique is neither cigarlike or incensey. Maybe u gotta give it another try. Or maybe you r just associating it with a peach white owl or something weird like that.

U might not be liking the vetiver in there, if anything.

Aventus has a smokey quality to it, but the recent years batches are more overall fruity.

And bleeker street isnt smokey in the least bit either.

You are probably just more inclined toward very fresh, light scents

sniffin out a sample of tom ford oud wood, and think i might need a full bottle in my life. seems like it will be a good classy frag for fall especially. anyone got any experience with it? or any feedback at all?

Oud Wood is the business. Great for fall/winter. Never smelled an Oud fragrance before this one, but I love that sweet, smoky, woody vibe to it.
It reminds me of a quiet, foggy, coastal forest haha. Only problem I have with it is longevity, but I'd still say this is my favorite Tom Ford.

I wore Aventus for the first time in awhile.. a few full sprays with Molecule 01 and got tons of compliments at work. I kind of forget how much I love it. I'd basically wear it everyday if I didn't like all my other fragrances too 
laugh.gif

I just need to bite the bullet on a full bottle, I'll damn sure use all of it.

Not in a bragging way, but maybe people are just used to you smelling good and don't say anything about it anymore 
laugh.gif
 Two of the people who said something today were women who I haven't worked with for that long, so they're not used to it.

I was introduced to the last woman I dated as "That guy who always smells so good" 

My last complimented scents and I usually wear a few different things each week were Aventus, HTTP, Bal D'Afrique but that was only up close and personal... and that's all I can remember. I think  I was wearing HTTP or maybe Chanel AHS when someone took a deep second whiff of me 
laugh.gif

HTTP gets the most "you smell nice/fresh/good" compliments... Aventus gets the most "Jesus Christ you smell amazing" compliments. Or my favorite "You smell so ******* good right now" said by the right person 

I got a couple of compliments on Sunday Cologne today at work. I don't even know if I like it yet. It gives a mineral like citrus vibe but that's the strong vetiver note. I equate vetiver to dirt mainly.

even if no one says anything, people still notice.

someone walks by and smells great, and I think that in my head, but i'm not gonna bother some guy to compliment him :lol:

I'm gonna throw another on the chopping block.

View media item 1681340

Frapin L'Humaniste
5ml = $15 Shipped
10ml = $25 Shipped

And Can still do a few more on the creeds as well if anyone needs....

Millesime Imperial / virgin island water :
5ml=$13 10ml=$22

Packages:
5ml Virgin Island Water, 5ml Millesime Imperial, 5ml Aventus = $33

10ml Virgin Island Water, 10ml Millesime Imperial, 5ml Aventus = $52

U.S. only. Payment by paypal friends&family. And if you are buying, and want anything else in particular, I may have it, so ask and I can cut a a cpl bucks off with the combined shipping, etc.

no compliments in forever. :\
that feel.....I know it very well

even if no one says anything, people still notice.

someone walks by and smells great, and I think that in my head, but i'm not gonna bother some guy to compliment him :lol:
this is true as well

I remember telling the story here when I was wearing Pure Malt, I had a customer walk by and literally come behind me to sniff me

I didn't get the number :frown:

Might stop wearing anything for like a few weeks :lol: can never smell anything I wear :\

That's what I had to do lol. Today is my last day of work and decided to go with HTTP. I'm dressed like every NYC Rap lyric ever and I'm getting mad looks.

I'll get back into buying splits once I get settled in my new job and place in the bay. I miss giving y'all my money :lol:

you should look up the notes of one of your favorite colognes and try to recreate that. That would be cool to try and make your own version of it

:smh: Reminds me my ex was going to make Aventus based oil and eventually a candle.

:smh: Reminds me my ex was going to make Aventus based oil and eventually a candle.

Link me up with your ex papi

Back
Top Bottom