Official NT Cologne Thread: Current Splits *check most current page* HTTP is an online exclusive by

Once my jeweler introduced me to creed (aventus, of course) I honestly stopped wanting to wear much of anything else. I literally gave all my other bottles to my dad. only thing I kept was the YSL l'homme and truthfully I don't much wear that either anymore. at this point, its creed or nothing! there is absolutely nothing else in the world like it (well, at least I haven't come across it yet)!

the original santal actually just came in today. these are all my absolute favorites. if you were to ask which is best, I'll say it depends on the occasion. if you twist my arm, I'm going original vetiver (please disregard the fam pics on my night table)...

PicsArt_12-03-11.45.17.jpg

next up...

silver Mountain water
erolfa
viking
virgin Island water

Last edited:
charmcitykid charmcitykid I am right there with ya. Everything else is smelling mad synthetic. I wish the silage/longevity was better on the MI. If you come across that golden iris I think it’ll give you that feeling

Creed is the gateway to the niche world.
so I've heard. I haven't graduated from creed yet and not sure when that'll happen. what would you consider upgrades? honestly, I can't fathom spending any more than I already do for a bottle.
charmcitykid charmcitykid I am right there with ya. Everything else is smelling mad synthetic. I wish the silage/longevity was better on the MI. If you come across that golden iris I think it’ll give you that feeling
yea, besides the hefty price tag, the performance would be my only other complaint. for instance, Millesime Imperial smells absolutely amazing, but only lasts an hour or 2 which is unacceptable. but aventus, on the other hand, I don't know of a better projecting performer. I'm guessing the golden iris is vaulted? im not familiar with that one and haven't seen it either. or is that a part of the royal line?

charmcitykid charmcitykid Golden Iris is from the Daniel Josier house. It doesn’t smell like Creed MI but it does what I intended MI to do. Sweet, elegantly exotic, long lasting, and versatile in almost every way imaginable. I look at creed as the Jordan’s of cologne. Undeniable classics but if we’re being honest some of it is overpriced especially with quality on some scents that are being put out. (Based on my research that has to do with them running low on some of the ingredients they use. I’d be thankful if someone could actually back that up.) So Jordan’s are what introduced me to sneakers, but as I learned there’s a lot more out there that is equal, to better quality and can be had at better prices. I also think you reach a point where branding becomes less important and you just go with what sits right for you. ATM for me, Tom Ford’s private blend is a better collection. Nonetheless, niche is where it’s at.

so I've heard. I haven't graduated from creed yet and not sure when that'll happen. what would you consider upgrades? honestly, I can't fathom spending any more than I already do for a bottle.
My first bottle of "expensive" cologne was Terre D'Hermes like 10 years ago but that got me into Saks/Neiman, which led me to Creed and the rest is history.

You can't go wrong sticking with Creed but there are definitely some other houses out there that you should check out that PERFORM better than many Creed fragrances. Not necessarily saying there's anything that blows Creed away as far as unique smells but I can name quite a few fragrance houses that beat Creed on performance. Parfums De Marly, Mancera, Montale, Amouage, Tom Ford just to name a few. Check some of those out.

But with that said out of all the fragrances I own, Aventus is still my most complimented fragrance of all time. And I know NT be hating but Green Irish Tweed gets a lot of love too. :rolleyes

- Preciate it.

ok. I've heard alot about Marly and a little about Amouage. of course, I know about tom Ford. i haven't smelled any of those tho except for some of the tom Ford, which I didnt think was better than creed. but to the defense of tom ford, of course I cant fully judge from tester strips. and besides us just being natural haters on NT, why would anyone hate on green irish tweed? its awesome. I mean, I can actually see why ppl would eventually hate on aventus with all the praise it gets, although it's well warranted. when I look at all the frag youtubers creed top 5/10 aventis and g.i.t. is literally ALWAYS there. I see alot of spice and wood there also, which I just smelled yesterday for the 1st time, but I like royal oud better.

ok. I've heard alot about Marly and a little about Amouage. of course, I know about tom Ford. i haven't smelled any of those tho except for some of the tom Ford, which I didnt think was better than creed. but to the defense of tom ford, of course I cant fully judge from tester strips. and besides us just being natural haters on NT, why would anyone hate on green irish tweed? its awesome. I mean, I can actually see why ppl would eventually hate on aventus with all the praise it gets, although it's well warranted. when I look at all the frag youtubers creed top 5/10 aventis and g.i.t. is literally ALWAYS there. I see alot of spice and wood there also, which I just smelled yesterday for the 1st time, but I like royal oud better.
GIT aka Geezer Juice aka granny panty droppers

If you like Wood and Spice, pay less and go for Viking. I smelled W&S when I was in Vegas, but Viking smelled the same to me and costs a grip less.

GIT is dope on the right days.

bro, I get compliments on the green Irish tweed from women from 18 to 40. I could see if you were talking about bois du Portugal or royal Mayfair. those are definitely distinct old man frags, but women of ALL ages love G.I.T.

bro, I get compliments on the green Irish tweed from women from 18 to 40. I could see if you were talking about bois du Portugal or royal Mayfair. those are definitely distinct old man frags, but women of ALL ages love G.I.T.
GIT gets me plenty of love. I don’t get the old geezer juice folks on here be portraying

thadangerousmind thadangerousmind absolutely HATES g.i.t. :lol:

by the way, nice collection and you got a beautiful family....i didn't realize you got 3 kids

ualreadyknow23 ualreadyknow23 Anything you would recommend from, "Parfums De Marly, Mancera, Montale, Amouage" ?
From PDM: My top 3 would be Layton, Pegasus, and Kalan. People on here love Herod but I'm more partial to Layton.

From Mancera: Aoud Lemon Mint and Cedrat Boise. You can blind buy those and not be disappointed at all. Many of their other stuff has great reviews but I haven't smelled anything outside of those two so I couldn't tell you what else to get. I can say with confidence though that Mancera fragrances last FOREVER and project a mile.

Amouage: Reflection, Jubilation, Epic

Montale: Haven't tried anything from Montale yet.

- Preciate it.

Any popular colognes you guys would recommend for a scent that lasts all day? My bvlgari cologne wears out in like 3 hours

Back
Top Bottom