Official NT Cologne Thread: Current Splits *check most current page* HTTP is an online exclusive by

Aventus bottles so far.
I got another one yesterday thats not in the picture.

2eoyvz9.jpg

With that huge Aventus collection you have up there resido resido . What kinds of batches do you have within that collection? and also what are the most noticeable differences you find?

I hear so much about the smokiness in earlier batches being the main point but I'm curious to see what else difference there is. I currently have a 4 oz bottle of 15X01 and 16H01.

With that huge Aventus collection you have up there resido resido . What kinds of batches do you have within that collection? and also what are the most noticeable differences you find?

I hear so much about the smokiness in earlier batches being the main point but I'm curious to see what else difference there is. I currently have a 4 oz bottle of 15X01 and 16H01.

These are just my bottles. I have 54 batches all together so far. I have batches from 2011 to the latest one 17X01.

IMO there's 3 different types of batches. Bright, dark and balanced. Bright being batches like 15U11, 17Q11, 17X01.. Dark being batches like 16D01, 16M01, 17N01..
Balanced like 15X21, 15Y01, 17R01.

Alot of people say only batches with smoke are 2010-2013 but that's not true. Most 2014s have smoke.. Some 2015s have smoke like 15Q01.. And I'm almost positive I get a smoke note with my 16H11.

These are just my bottles. I have 54 batches all together so far. I have batches from 2011 to the latest one 17X01.

IMO there's 3 different types of batches. Bright, dark and balanced. Bright being batches like 15U11, 17Q11, 17X01.. Dark being batches like 16D01, 16M01, 17N01..
Balanced like 15X21, 15Y01, 17R01.

Alot of people say only batches with smoke are 2010-2013 but that's not true. Most 2014s have smoke.. Some 2015s have smoke like 15Q01.. And I'm almost positive I get a smoke note with my 16H11.

Thanks man for that in depth analysis. I'm a bit :angry: because I actually had a 4oz bottle of 15X21 and 15X01. Long story short, I traded the 15X21 for a brand new bottle of 100ml Tom Ford Amber Absolute. I had three 4 oz bottles of Aventus (15X01, 15X21 and 16H01). I traded the 15X21 because it was a 2015 batch that the guy wanted if the straight trade was to be made and at the time...15X01 was getting a lot of praise for being well balanced and one of the best of 2015. It was later that a lot of people (on basenotes) started to praise 15X21 highly and said how balanced it was. Oh well. No sense dwelling on that now because I still feel the trade was fair. I got that bottle of 15X21 for really cheap and just used it to get a large bottle of Amber Absolute which was a limited edition re release and is more of a "connoisseurs fragrance". Still have the 15X01 and 16H01 as well. I never owned a full bottle of pre reform Aventus but had a sample of a 2010 batch, so I honestly can't say I'm super particular or picky with variations in Aventus. I find the 15X01 to be very well balanced and high quality, while the 16H01 is more of a "bright" batch that's more fruity and pineapple heavy.

I rarely come to NT anymore, but when I do, it's for a refill on some scents. It's wild I got put onto smelling good in this thread over 4 yrs ago.

Anybody selling Aventus? I'm long overdue on a refill of that loud pack

I need to re-up on some Creed samples. Wanna try something other than Aventus, but the ladies love it. Im not a big fan of the Green Irish Tweed.

Thanks man for that in depth analysis. I'm a bit :angry: because I actually had a 4oz bottle of 15X21 and 15X01. Long story short, I traded the 15X21 for a brand new bottle of 100ml Tom Ford Amber Absolute. I had three 4 oz bottles of Aventus (15X01, 15X21 and 16H01). I traded the 15X21 because it was a 2015 batch that the guy wanted if the straight trade was to be made and at the time...15X01 was getting a lot of praise for being well balanced and one of the best of 2015. It was later that a lot of people (on basenotes) started to praise 15X21 highly and said how balanced it was. Oh well. No sense dwelling on that now because I still feel the trade was fair. I got that bottle of 15X21 for really cheap and just used it to get a large bottle of Amber Absolute which was a limited edition re release and is more of a "connoisseurs fragrance". Still have the 15X01 and 16H01 as well. I never owned a full bottle of pre reform Aventus but had a sample of a 2010 batch, so I honestly can't say I'm super particular or picky with variations in Aventus. I find the 15X01 to be very well balanced and high quality, while the 16H01 is more of a "bright" batch that's more fruity and pineapple heavy.

You're welcome fam!
I never tried 16H01 but 15X01 is a much better batch than 15X21.
15X01 has a beautiful pineapple note to it where 15X21 has more of a bland muted pineapple.
You definitely made the right choice with the trade because Amber Absolute is worth some serious money right now since it was discontinued.

You're welcome fam!
I never tried 16H01 but 15X01 is a much better batch than 15X21.
15X01 has a beautiful pineapple note to it where 15X21 has more of a bland muted pineapple.
You definitely made the right choice with the trade because Amber Absolute is worth some serious money right now since it was discontinued.

Oh shoot! I'm pleasantly surprised and happy about that then bro. I was a bit confused because like I was saying, I follow and read the "Aventus batch thread" on Basenotes and a lot were talking on there about 15U11 (I think) being the best 2015 batch, but were also saying what you said in your first post. Basically that 15X21 was a very well balanced batch but with more smokiness. I did see a lot of people say that 15X01 was arguably the best batch of 2015 though. Thanks for clearing that up.

As for the Amber Absolute...I do feel that I was on the better end of that trade. I even spoke to a friend who's also a big collector and also spoke to the infamous Robes08 who legit told me, "If you're the one receiving the Amber Absolute...you would be a complete idiot to not make that trade". :lol: The thing that was a little bit shady though is that the guy who was trading with me said that it was the original formulation of Amber Absolute from I think 2008 or 2009, but he later retracted and said "Oh sorry it's actually the 2015 re release batch. I apologize but you don't have to make the trade anymore if you're upset it's the reformulated version. I had multiple bottles of the OG batch but didn't realize I sold/traded them already". I still did the trade because I felt that instead of having 3 bottles of Aventus (which is the grail scent and super pleasing of a smell), I felt it was better suited for me to add versatility to my collection and get a super high quality Amber scent which I never had anything like in my collection.

I was warned by a couple of frag enthusiasts that Amber Absolute isn't one of those mass pleasing fragrances that every nose is going to find pleasing or even like at all for that matter. I fully admit as well that when I first smelt it, I got the immediate resemblance of like a Chinese herb shop (we have a lot here in Toronto lol) but it had a medicinal note and very heavy on incense. I didn't like it at all but was told to let it grow on me and give it a chance. It's still not mass pleasing but I'm so glad that I picked it up as it's so unlike anything else I have and the development/drydown is amazing. One of the most sophisticated and complex scents I've come across and one I think I'll reach for when it's special occasions or special events.

Oh shoot! I'm pleasantly surprised and happy about that then bro. I was a bit confused because like I was saying, I follow and read the "Aventus batch thread" on Basenotes and a lot were talking on there about 15U11 (I think) being the best 2015 batch, but were also saying what you said in your first post. Basically that 15X21 was a very well balanced batch but with more smokiness. I did see a lot of people say that 15X01 was arguably the best batch of 2015 though. Thanks for clearing that up.

As for the Amber Absolute...I do feel that I was on the better end of that trade. I even spoke to a friend who's also a big collector and also spoke to the infamous Robes08 who legit told me, "If you're the one receiving the Amber Absolute...you would be a complete idiot to not make that trade". :lol: The thing that was a little bit shady though is that the guy who was trading with me said that it was the original formulation of Amber Absolute from I think 2008 or 2009, but he later retracted and said "Oh sorry it's actually the 2015 re release batch. I apologize but you don't have to make the trade anymore if you're upset it's the reformulated version. I had multiple bottles of the OG batch but didn't realize I sold/traded them already". I still did the trade because I felt that instead of having 3 bottles of Aventus (which is the grail scent and super pleasing of a smell), I felt it was better suited for me to add versatility to my collection and get a super high quality Amber scent which I never had anything like in my collection.

I was warned by a couple of frag enthusiasts that Amber Absolute isn't one of those mass pleasing fragrances that every nose is going to find pleasing or even like at all for that matter. I fully admit as well that when I first smelt it, I got the immediate resemblance of like a Chinese herb shop (we have a lot here in Toronto lol) but it had a medicinal note and very heavy on incense. I didn't like it at all but was told to let it grow on me and give it a chance. It's still not mass pleasing but I'm so glad that I picked it up as it's so unlike anything else I have and the development/drydown is amazing. One of the most sophisticated and complex scents I've come across and one I think I'll reach for when it's special occasions or special events.

Yeah fam
15U11 is a grail from 2015 but 15X21 is not up there like that.
I never smelled Amber Absolute but I read great things about it.

Yeah fam
15U11 is a grail from 2015 but 15X21 is not up there like that.
I never smelled Amber Absolute but I read great things about it.

True say. Ya what happened with the trade as well was that I didn't really have any time to test run either the 15X01 or the 15X21. I basically just purchased both bottles at the same time and had to make a decision based on reading online about batches. I did do a test spray on each wrist, but as you know, it's pretty hard to distinguish real differences when it's just in the freshly sprayed phase. I got both bottles from a legendary Costco stock that was up here in Canadian Costcos. They had 4 OZ Aventus' for $59.99 Canadian which is $47 USD. I found and bought two bottles and paid $100 USD for TWO 4 oz bottles, where one was 15X01 and the other was 15X21. I took the 15X21 and traded it for a brand new and sealed Amber Absolute 100ml and the rest is history lol.

Bought Montale Honey Aoud last week and it's amazing.
Honey, cinnamon, amber, and oud mainly. Best blind buy ever.

Threw on a sample of HTTP I had this morning for the first time.
Man wow!!!
I been sleeping on this stuff.. copping a bottle asap!
My first Bond buy was Haarlem and it threw me off from the brand totally a blind buy in which should have been HTTP

That pineapple/apple/candy layer is something crazy!

Back
Top Bottom