Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

Proud Father of a 6 MOnth year old check in.
Moved from Cali to Minnesota just so I could be with him.
gotta do what it takes.

Proud Father of a 6 MOnth year old check in.
Moved from Cali to Minnesota just so I could be with him.
gotta do what it takes.
U father of the millennium
for moving to min from Cali :lol:
Just thinkin bout the weather out there got me feelin cold

How old were your kids when they watched they first movie?

My daughter was maybe 2 months when we took her to the drive in. It sucked. Then maybe 3-4 months for her first theater movie. I don't like to do it now with her cause she some timey with acting right in the theater and I was about to lose on it on some dude who "shhhhhh'ed" her while we were watching Avengers 2 and spent 2/3 of the movie standing outside the theater with her

I first took them to the $1 movie to see how they would act. We went to see the Lego movie and they loved it., stayed quiet and focused on the movie. They reacted to certain moments just as everyone else in the theater did. My boys were 6 and my daughter was 8. Since, they've seen GOTG, ASM2, TMNT, and the Winter Soldier all in theaters.

Kudos to all the dads in here.

I read these posts and realize that while I love kids, being a dad is probably not for me (marriage included).

I read these posts and realize that while I love kids, being a dad is probably not for me (marriage included).

Nobody is born ready, I've never held someone else's kid or even watched someone's kid until I had my very own. Real talk. You just learn on the fly.

Having a kid makes me wish everyone could experience this joy.

Last edited:

My daughter was maybe 2 months when we took her to the drive in. It sucked. Then maybe 3-4 months for her first theater movie. I don't like to do it now with her cause she some timey with acting right in the theater and I was about to lose on it on some dude who "shhhhhh'ed" her while we were watching Avengers 2 and spent 2/3 of the movie standing outside the theater with her
Not sure
But I've took my kids to movies all the time
From tdk to Incredible Hulk
To the first Kung fu panda
To even scary movies like the strangers when they were little
I just always feel like the movies is a family thing
And I always take them

Nobody is born ready, I've never held someone else's kid or even watched someone's kid until I had my very own. Real talk. You just learn on the fly.

This is real
My dad was never in my life
But I knew I didn't want my kids to experience the same things I had growing up
Like real talk my kids are waaaaaay sheltered compared to me
I made myself a syrup sandwich the other day
My kids looked at me like I was crazy :lol:
There's things the never had to experience
And I'm glad
Considering I had no father to show me the right way
I'm tooting my own horn and saying I'm a damn good father
And it kills me when these bum *** dudes make us look bad
i couldn't imagine not being in my kids life
Matter of fact I couldn't imagine just being able to see my kids on weekends or whatever
Being a father is a thankless job
But I swear I love it more than anything
Not sure if I want more though :lol:

:lol: breh, 2-4 months old & you took her to the movies?

Honestly, what did you expect?

Also, you shouldn't have took her to see The Avengers... unless she likes those sort of movies (which I doubt).

I only take my son to animated movies because 1) he's a kid so that's what he's into & 2) it doesn't matter if he's being loud because it's a kid's movie so there's going to be other kids in there acting a fool, too.

I tried to take him to see Star Wars when it dropped & he was just not into it. We ended up leaving early.

To answer your question though, I took him to his first movie when he was ~3. It was Monster's University & I took him to El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood where all they show is Disney movies. They did a special little show right before the viewing but we got there too late & just caught the ending of it.

Last edited:
laugh.gif
breh, 2-4 months old & you took her to the movies?

Honestly, what did you expect?

Also, you shouldn't have took her to see The Avengers... unless she likes those sort of movies (which I doubt).

I only take my son to animated movies because 1) he's a kid so that's what he's into & 2) it doesn't matter if he's being loud because it's a kid's movie so there's going to be other kids in there acting a fool, too.

I tried to take him to see Star Wars when it dropped & he was just not into it. We ended up leaving early.

To answer your question though, I took him to his first movie when he was ~3. It was Monster's University & I took him to El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood where all they show is Disney movies. They did a special little show right before the viewing but we got there too late & just caught the ending of it.
in the drive in she was fidgity but up till Avengers 2 she was flawless in the theaters. Sat through Taken 3 with not a peep. This next one prob wont go to the movies till they're much older. I'm def not going to watch Civil War at all. I hate crowds

Pull out game weak tho :lol: |I

i always tell my wife that i deserve a freakin gold medal because during the 8 years we were together (before we got married and before we planned to have kids) all i played was they pull out game.

or i coulda just been lucky.... LOL

My daughter has no interest in Zootopia, doesn't look too good imo.

This is real
My dad was never in my life
But I knew I didn't want my kids to experience the same things I had growing up
Like real talk my kids are waaaaaay sheltered compared to me
I made myself a syrup sandwich the other day
My kids looked at me like I was crazy :lol:
There's things the never had to experience
And I'm glad
Considering I had no father to show me the right way
I'm tooting my own horn and saying I'm a damn good father
And it kills me when these bum *** dudes make us look bad
i couldn't imagine not being in my kids life
Matter of fact I couldn't imagine just being able to see my kids on weekends or whatever
Being a father is a thankless job
But I swear I love it more than anything
Not sure if I want more though :lol:

My sentiments exactly. I'm still learning how to be a good father. I'm tough on my daughter, but only because she's a double minority and I want to prepare her for the world. I need time to breath and relax but couldn't imagine life w/o my kids.

Everything I've learned from being a dad was what my dad didn't do.

took my son to zootopia yesterday. he's just turned 3 in jan. he did really well. it helped that we got a good seat with the railing in front so when he started getting fidgety, he stood up and watched the movie. that was only for about 5 minutes though.

I need to stream when I play my xbox my oldest kid be having those good pick me up line

talking about " kll the monster cuz you strong dad" and he act out the fights on street fighter lol kids man

bonus metal gear is the pirate and dog game .......aight

Fellow fathers,

My older girl is 2.5+ years old

Loves Frozen and Toy Story...will she love Zootopia?

Advise

my daughter is the same age (actually she'll be 3 in May) and loves the same things....

and she's dying to go see zootopia... LOL

I like this thread
Glad to see its still around

Had my 4th boy born this past November

Will probably take older boys to Zootopia soon

Any dads here get vasectomy? (serious)

I like this thread
Glad to see its still around

Had my 4th boy born this past November

Will probably take older boys to Zootopia soon

Any dads here get vasectomy? (serious)
You win at life with the 4 boys bruh. Why don't you tell your old lady to tie her tubes? Mines tied hers after our 5th one.

My son is 1. Bout to be 2 in May, zootopia was his first movie theatre experience, too much dialogue, everytime he didn't like the scene, he kept hitting us with the "NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE" and kept doing the smh smh.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom