Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

i didn’t go through that whole thing but saw it the other day. i told my son about it and said we might have to try that out to make sure he doesn’t grow up to be a spoiled, entitled little ****. he’s a really good kid but sometimes his expectations can be really out there. he went and complained to my wife that i was threatening him 😂

My son graduated highschool last week
IMG_4846.jpg

Expecting my second child in November and am very excited. My son will be 3 at that time, for those who have been in a similar situation, how was this experience for you? I’m curious about how to balance the time you have between your first born, new born, and of course the wife. I’m kind of nervous I will neglect one or two, so want to hear some life experiences from y’all.
My son and my daughter are 18 months apart. I tend to be overly affectionate with both my kids. The balance comes pretty natural, especially considering the age gap. There are times where one will need more attention than the other, and vice-versa.

Anybody here's child have a peanut allergy?

The groundbreaking LEAP Study found parents of children at risk for peanut allergy could reduce their baby's chance of developing a peanut allergy by up to 86 percent by feeding them small amounts of peanut foods as early as 4-6 months of age.

Anybody here's child have a peanut allergy?

The groundbreaking LEAP Study found parents of children at risk for peanut allergy could reduce their baby's chance of developing a peanut allergy by up to 86 percent by feeding them small amounts of peanut foods as early as 4-6 months of age.
My son has a anaphylactic peanut allergy. His first and only reaction happened when he was 2. Never seen anything like it. Turned fire engine red. Broke out in hives. Swelled so much. Looked like the guy off of goonies. He scratched his cornea. He has seen an allergist throughout his life. We have inquired about this method and have known early on of its success. My son is now 12 and has gotten tested and is still at the top percentile. We have again inquired about a method of exposure such as the one you introduced. The dr. stated that children are developing esophagus related problems. My son has developed a disciplined eye for anything peanut related. I must confess more so then me.

My son has a anaphylactic peanut allergy. His first and only reaction happened when he was 2. Never seen anything like it. Turned fire engine red. Broke out in hives. Swelled so much. Looked like the guy off of goonies. He scratched his cornea. He has seen an allergist throughout his life. We have inquired about this method and have known early on of its success. My son is now 12 and has gotten tested and is still at the top percentile. We have again inquired about a method of exposure such as the one you introduced. The dr. stated that children are developing esophagus related problems. My son has developed a disciplined eye for anything peanut related. I must confess more so then me.
Has he ever unknowingly been exposed through contact or cross-contamination? Does he carry an EpiPen for these kinds of situations?

He has an Epi at all times. And thankfully he has never been in contact. He is very vigilant. We are as well. Only time we had a close call was at buckys when they were roasting peanuts. As we were walking by he looked up and said something is wrong and he immediately ran out and we followed and got the epi ready. Thank God we didn't have to use it.

when my daughter did her baby allergy test, it came out high for peanuts. i told the dr that i had given her peanut butter with no issue and he said the reaction can vary so i cut off all peanut from her diet and had to keep an epipen at home and at her school. (side note: multiple times the pharmacy tried to be slick by giving us epipens that were a few months from expiring). when she turned 4, her allergy test showed no more peanut reaction but she is convinced peanuts make her “tongue itchy” so i still keep it out of her food. no more epipen tho.

My daughter isn’t 2 yet but when we got to the point where we were introducing solids to her diet, her pediatrician recommended we introduce the most common allergens (wheat, treenuts, peanuts, soybeans, sesame, shellfish) on a weekly basis. Something like a small amount once a day and watch her for any reactions during the day and up the amount we give her as the week goes on. And if she did react, depending on the severity of the reaction, we could up her tolerance by keeping it in her diet so her body would acclimate. Luckily she didn’t react to anything we’ve fed her

FIL passed away yesterday. My youngest (11) was like "I learned how to cry today". Kinda chuckled because it was pure & innocent but also told him our emotions get the best of us and it's ok.
but..... he needs to save those cries for times like this And don't be a cry baby over a girl or over anything he hasn't earned.

NT

I NEED to vent.

My child’s mother and I are on the receiving end of a bunk a** CPS report. Wednesday my child’s mother got a card from a CPS worker when picking up our 2.5 year old daughter from daycare. We were completely confused and dumbfounded. They tell us she needs to get a medical exam, so we immediately take her to the ER to get it done (not looking forward to that bill) and on the MyChart notes, it said that the report made to CPS said she had a “palm sized red mark spanning her buttocks and hip.” Which NOBODY else saw, not the doctors , not us, etc. There is also no data on what time the report was made or what time the mark was witnessed. The worker who saw it supposedly said she changed her diaper after nap time.

A police officer calls the next day asking if I can bring my daughter in for a forensic interview today, so I had to get her out of daycare early. She just was waking up from her nap when I walked in, and her diaper was full so I changed her diaper at the daycare, and low and behold, there’s a circular red mark , maybe a small palm sized, on her hip. I immediately call it out to the worker, and asked if something was happening at the day care, but then after putting two and two together, realized it was most likely from her napping and laying on that area, as the mark faded in the next 15 minutes.

So we go to the interview, I share that piece of information with them as well. There’s tons of inconsistencies with the reporting as far as reports of this red mark but the doctors saw nothing, this is all discussed, yet when we get done with the whole process they aren’t able to tell us anything and still have to do home visits.

I’m so incredibly irritated, my child is so incredibly cared for and the happiest child I’ve ever seen. How much time I’ve had to take out of my days, plus medical bill, let alone the emotional weight of such a thing.

Anyone ever deal with anything similar ?

Also, not sure if worth mentioning but there was a day 5-6 weeks ago that our daughter was BAWLING on the cameras at daycare and none of the teachers/workers were attending to her. I understand sometimes you have to give toddlers space and allow them to cry it out and work through their emotions, however this went on for 15 minutes nearly, we called it out and we got different answers as to why they were completely ignoring her, the optics on the camera were very bad. Not sure if any of the same employees were involved or not, but have not been impressed with the daycare before this happened and now even more so. We had looked into switching daycares then, wish I had registered for the new place then, as now the wait will be longer :frown:

My baby girl just turned 2 months on Sunday lol.

This is our first child me and the wifey.

She's a little funny character though.

Good baby doesn't really cry, but for her food she will cry so loud doesn't play with her food.

Wife has been discussing the idea of Baby Fozz #3 but does not want to go through postpartum again and I don't blame her. Would I mind? Yes and no, I feel like I've been putting a lot of focus towards my son (who was recently diagnosed within the Autism spectrum) in ensuring he gets all the support from the school district to further his growth. We've seen so much progress in the last two years and feel confident he will continue to grow.

But yeah, just having the discussion on the pros/cons of a #3 is a trip.

I’m so incredibly irritated, my child is so incredibly cared for and the happiest child I’ve ever seen. How much time I’ve had to take out of my days, plus medical bill, let alone the emotional weight of such a thing.

Anyone ever deal with anything similar ?
Yes.
I've been on both sides of those calls (meaning that I've made them on extremely disturbing details from kiddo clients I've had, and I've also had to cooperate with CPS/DCFS).
I can assure you: if you have nothing to worry about, you have nothing to worry about. 🤙

Yes.
I've been on both sides of those calls (meaning that I've made them on extremely disturbing details from kiddo clients I've had, and I've also had to cooperate with CPS/DCFS).
I can assure you: if you have nothing to worry about, you have nothing to worry about. 🤙

I appreciate it. We feel really confused as to why they have kept us so in the dark. When we arrived for the interview yesterday, they made it seem like we would have more answers by the end of the appointment, and all they said was “there was no disclosure, text my number and I’ll set up time for a home visit”

And still no communication back. I think the most frustrating part is the lack of compassion for what we as parents are experiencing, we have been nothing but cooperative and would like this to be finished sooner than later.

The fact I witnessed this “red mark” at the day care at 2:15 , was confirmation that what was seen was from the pressure of her skin pressing against the cot during her nap. How incredibly poorly trained are these daycare workers that this is being reported as potential abuse?

Honestly im beginning to wonder if when we called out the optics of ignoring my crying child for 15 minutes, that an employee/employees were disciplined and if this is retaliation? I don’t want to think that, but I’m open to the possibility because nothing else makes sense.

Not only do we trust these people with our daughter but pay these people 300 dollars a week, and they aren’t even properly trained. So frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom