Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

I had that Graco one for my daughter and absolutely loved it. But since we have three now, life can't be that simple. We have this now as it's the "easiest" stroller to manage while juggling the three.

View media item 2259751

Man, I think I found my new favorite thread on NT.  I've only made it through about 5 pages so far, but just wanted to say THANKS to all you dads for sharing your experience/advice.  As a first time father, this is a goldmine!  Thanks again everyone.
nthat.gif

damn bros, wife and I have been talking a lot about having another kid .... and sometimes I'm like damn can I do this? I get so exhausted.

I work 630-230 and she works 3-11, we find one of her sisters to watch my daughter for a good 1-2 hours until I get home and its my daughter and I pretty much for the rest of the day.

I try to fill in the hours usually always doing something like going to the mall, park or target to burn off that energy then around 7pm she gets her bath and I wash her hair and blow dry it - the hair process alone for a girl is the most stressful thing to me, it takes me a good hour to get this done.

So then I think to myself, damn can I do this all by myself with two kids while the wife is at work? :lol:

Its tough because we don't have parents here to help out much, but we make it work.

Any other papis feel this way?

Last edited:
My girl mentioned it before but I think she just wants another EITC check every February. You know single women who make below a certain threshhold get PAID every tax weekend. They giving them **** like 8 racks per child

I know my wife and I are going to start talking about having our second and last. I am not ready :lol:

Me and my boy were talkin about this a few weeks ago. He said he not ready to have kids, I told him man, you ain't ever gonna be ready :lol: but when it happens it's a feelin you can't describe. I'm sure #2 will feel great bro

Man so the conversation came up this weekend. She sounds like shes ready and wants number 2. I told her nah we can talk again in 6 months

My girl mentioned it before but I think she just wants another EITC check every February. You know single women who make below a certain threshhold get PAID every tax weekend. They giving them **** like 8 racks per child

You sayin your girl wants another kid just for the tax credit? I gotta be misunderstanding you because kids cost more than 8 grand a year to take care of (properly).

You sayin your girl wants another kid just for the tax credit? I gotta be misunderstanding you because kids cost more than 8 grand a year to take care of (properly).

Man I ain't spending 8k on my daughter a year and she's always going to doctors for food allergies

Man so the conversation came up this weekend. She sounds like shes ready and wants number 2. I told her nah we can talk again in 6 months

damn bros, wife and I have been talking a lot about having another kid .... and sometimes I'm like damn can I do this? I get so exhausted.

I work 630-230 and she works 3-11, we find one of her sisters to watch my daughter for a good 1-2 hours until I get home and its my daughter and I pretty much for the rest of the day.

I try to fill in the hours usually always doing something like going to the mall, park or target to burn off that energy then around 7pm she gets her bath and I wash her hair and blow dry it - the hair process alone for a girl is the most stressful thing to me, it takes me a good hour to get this done.

So then I think to myself, damn can I do this all by myself with two kids while the wife is at work? :lol:

Its tough because we don't have parents here to help out much, but we make it work.

Just do it broski, if youre not having issues with it now, another one wont hurt :smokin

I feel you though, my issue is my girls mom watches our daughter since shes retired, now with the 2nd kid were going to be moving out. With our work sched., we know its going to be tough with picking up/dropping off but as long as yall parents stick together and work as a team, everything should be going smoothly!

Last edited:

So then I think to myself, damn can I do this all by myself with two kids while the wife is at work?
laugh.gif

It's not impossible lol. Once I got used to my girls schedule I was good when I was on paternity leave. I wouldn't force myself in that situation to "make it work" dropping another kid in there tho. Ain't no return policy

Getting anxiety thinking about my flight tomorrow with both my kids. Bout to be 0-100 in the TSA line.

Getting anxiety thinking about my flight tomorrow with both my kids. Bout to be 0-100 in the TSA line.
Flew for the first time with my 2 year old and my 7 month old for thanksgiving (gotta remember to share my family pics on here) and they good exceptional on the way out. Baby girl slept the whole way and big girl was just that. A lil bump toward the end cause it was nap time and she was tire but she fell asleep with 5 minutes of her tiny breakdown.

The way back was different, big girl's ears was popping but she didn't want to drink her juice so had to give her candy but they both still did awesome jobs. Was only a 2 hr flight tho

So then I think to myself, damn can I do this all by myself with two kids while the wife is at work?
laugh.gif

How old is your daughter now? It isn't that bad if the first one is a bit older and can take her of herself a bit, at least while you tend to the baby (feeding, diaper, sleeping, etc).

IMO, the first 3-4 months are the hardest. Early on the baby will need so much attention, it will be hard to find a balance between two kids. Would help if your significant other was around, or at least someone else to help. And with the baby's schedule changing so much in the first couple months, it's hard to get into a routine. But once you do, it's money. 

You love your wife, and you love your kid. And just when you think that you can't possibly love anymore, your second opens up a whole new world. THAT'S what makes it all work. You'll be good, man. You'll be good. 

Btw take advantage of Netflix downloading movies and being able to watch them offline.

How old is your daughter now? It isn't that bad if the first one is a bit older and can take her of herself a bit, at least while you tend to the baby (feeding, diaper, sleeping, etc).

IMO, the first 3-4 months are the hardest. Early on the baby will need so much attention, it will be hard to find a balance between two kids. Would help if your significant other was around, or at least someone else to help. And with the baby's schedule changing so much in the first couple months, it's hard to get into a routine. But once you do, it's money. 

You love your wife, and you love your kid. And just when you think that you can't possibly love anymore, your second opens up a whole new world. THAT'S what makes it all work. You'll be good, man. You'll be good. 

Appreciate the words fellas.

Yeah my daughter will be 5 and would be helpful, i'm against having a nanny or a daycare of sorts ... you never know who those people bring around.

With that being said you cant really trust no one around your kids, I work at the county jail and we have a whole damn floor for "accused" child molesters and reading up on most of these ****heads ...a lot of them were related to their victim somehow.

Stay vigilant fellas.

Man I ain't spending 8k on my daughter a year and she's always going to doctors for food allergies

If you can do it cheap then good for you, but the average cost per child per year is like $13-15k, IIRC. Of course there are a number of factors, and a breastfed baby with a stay at home mom requires far less than a kid in full time childcare, etc. Regardless, the point was more about the reason for having a child and not the actual expense.

Flew for the first time with my 2 year old and my 7 month old for thanksgiving (gotta remember to share my family pics on here) and they good exceptional on the way out. Baby girl slept the whole way and big girl was just that. A lil bump toward the end cause it was nap time and she was tire but she fell asleep with 5 minutes of her tiny breakdown.

The way back was different, big girl's ears was popping but she didn't want to drink her juice so had to give her candy but they both still did awesome jobs. Was only a 2 hr flight tho

My son is two years 7 months and my daughter is 7 months. (Birthdays are 3 days apart)

I've flown with my son before but the whole TSA process is just stress.

My son is two years 7 months and my daughter is 7 months. (Birthdays are 3 days apart)

I've flown with my son before but the whole TSA process is just stress.
It wasn't that bad for us, even tho we came during Thanksgiving travel times. Worst part was when we were bout to fly out and since I had a temp license, I had to go through additional screening, and my two year old WAS NOT FELLING IT. She broke down in the middle of the line of people after my wife had to grab her from running after me. She was screaming like I got shot in front of her

It wasn't that bad for us, even tho we came during Thanksgiving travel times. Worst part was when we were bout to fly out and since I had a temp license, I had to go through additional screening, and my two year old WAS NOT FELLING IT. She broke down in the middle of the line of people after my wife had to grab her from running after me. She was screaming like I got shot in front of her

Hahaha. It was just going through LAX airport. If you fly southwest the shuttle bus can't drop you off at the terminal. They have to drop you off 100 yards always. So I had car seat stroller and bags and kid in hand trying to get to the ticket booth and it was just hell on earth.

We left our stroller at home but had both car seats. Glad the car seats flew free but man checked bags aren't free anymore was gut wrenching for a last minute flight out

how long did you guys wait to take your kids to public places?

not like we're in a rush to go and be out n about but was just curious in general.. 

how long did you guys wait to take your kids to public places?

not like we're in a rush to go and be out n about but was just curious in general.. 
Yeah, about two months. Stayed home and had parents/in-laws drop off food with occasional visits from close friends/family.

First place we did go was to eat some all you can eat sushi. Man, that was stressful yet satisfying lol.

Back
Top Bottom