Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

Grats fam.. Hope all is still going well there.

:lol: it's funny when we got a room.. I could hear the lady in the room next to ours yelling and howling had me all scared too :lol: but the labor rooms at our hospital was do damb nice it made it very relaxing. Thankfully our labor went super smooth and no howling whatsoever.. They just let him slide til he got where we could see the top of his head :x and didn't eem have to push. Doctor said if you're not feeling pain or the urge to push we can just wait it out let him slide down further himself.. Once it was time pushing took no more than 20 minutes swear to god :lol: and he was out. Crazy feeling and something fell in my eyes or a gust of wind came through the window when I seent my little guy and heard him cry for the first time

Last edited:
Been in labor since 8pm last night.

My feels are all over the place.

Got to watch both games last night in the delivery room though :pimp:

Baby still isn't here, but we're almost there. Hopefully just a few more hours.

The girl next door was HOWLING last night bruh :wow: had me and my shorty SHOOK :wow: :rofl:

:pimp: My feels right now though

Good luck, man!

An update of sorts....

My daughter came home from the newborn intensive care unit last Tuesday. What a ******* relief. It's nice to be able to focus your energy and time to only one place.

But man....the two Saturdays ago (the 12th) was the scariest day of my life. A day I will never forget for sure. I had just visited my daughter in the NICU and was on my way to Home Depot for stuff I can't even remember right now. I was talking on the phone to my brother. I get a call from my wife's phone but it's actually my sister-in-law (they were at our house for the weekend). "Hey, you need to come home. Kate thinks Finn (my 21 month-old son) had a seizure." I am frantic. I start rushing home and driving like an a-hole. I call my wife back and she's an absolute mess. She's panicking. "I had to call an ambulance...." She details what happens and I lose it. She was putting Finn down for a nap. He was a bit fussy because he wanted to keep playing outside. All of a sudden his hands contort and he puts them up to his face. His eyes roll into the back of his head and he starts shaking. She scoops him and yells "FINN!" She rushes downstairs where everyone else is and he is totally limp in her arms. He's not moving at all. All said, it was probably a 15 second episode. He's a wet noodle. She can't get him to come to or anything. Slowly he starts to emerge but he's incredibly lethargic.

[Finn has a heart condition called dysplastic aortic stenosis. He'll have to have one of his heart valves replaced at some point. Hopefully it'll be when he's a bit older and stronger.]

She calls the ambulance because she was worried what effects, if any, the seizure would have on my son's heart. The ambulance arrives before I do. They check him out and by the time I get home they are suggesting that we take him to the ER.

We spend 30 hours in the hospital. They ran an EKG, EEG, MRI, X-Rays, and did blood work. Man, I'm telling you...one of the worst feelings has to be not being able to comfort your kid as much as you'd like. He was terrified in there. He had an IV and was hooked to monitors. It was scary and a sight I will never forget. I felt so helpless. He hated every minute of it. When they gave him propofol and he just collapsed in my arms, I totally broke down. I've had two little ones in the NICU and have seen a lot, nothing has deeply affected me close to what those 30 hours did.

No idea at all what happened. All of those tests and no answers. They thought it was a focal seizure by what my wife explained to them, but luckily the tests came back negative. He's doing really well now. He's back to his normal, 21 month-old self. I'm not though. I'm constantly checking on him throughout the night and whatnot.

View media item 932143

Damn! That sounds scary lobo. Glad little man is doing better, I got chills reading your story. Hope all is well with your family fam.. I know id be a wreck if something ever like that happened to my little boy.

Thanks, man! Things are looking up. All is quiet right now. Seriously though, having two kids in the hospital at the same time is an awful feeling. Now I know how Abby and Brittney's parents felt when she had to get her tonsils removed.

Wow lobotomybeats lobotomybeats , hope everything works out. I took my son to get stitches in his calf a couple of years ago & that was harrowing to say the least & that doesn't come remotely close to what you're experiencing. I can't even imagine. Hang in there...

Last edited:
Damn lobo.
ohwell.gif

Can't even imagine what that experience was like. All the best to you and your family.

Finally had my baby boy this morning. We actually had him several minutes after my post. Maybe almost a little under an hour later. Crazy.

We were just chilling in the room and I'm surfing NT on my phone, and the next thing I know, I'm holding her legs watching my child enter the word.

TOO. MANY. FEELS.

But I'm in the Official Dad thread, so I know you guys can relate to the feels I'm talking about. :smokin

It was amazing man. I had no words when I held my boy. I had nothing in me but emotions. So crazy.

Born at 10:59am, 7 pounds and some odd ounces. :pimp:

I would post pics, but my girl said if she can't post pics online, neither can I. We decided to just wait a few weeks before throwing his face on the internet.

:pimp: So proud to finally be a dad man.

But on another note, lobotomybeats lobotomybeats , I'm glad everything has started to look up for your and your family man. That story is crazy :wow:
I just imagined myself in that situation. I know I'd lose it. I couldn't even handle seeing my boy in the nursery by himself this morning. :smh:

I hope your kids (and everyone else's kids in here) are blessed with strength and good health.

Also, I think its real boss that your sons name is

View media item 932718
:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Was the worse man. She had a craving for red valet cheesecake from juniors.

I tried to be slick one time and get it from the juniors in time square :smh: :smh:

How her *** gonna tell me she can smell that it's not from Brooklyn before I even took it out the bag. Had me :rofl: :rofl: but that turned into >: >: cuz I had to drive all the way to bk for some damn cheesecake

Had me felling like I was part of the band walking to get Diddy cheesecake :smh: :smh:
:rofl:

that damn police dog sense of smell. i get the exact right sandwich and then the exact bag of chips from a whole different spot and then we sit down to eat and the smell my food (something like a plain ol' cheeseburger) ruins her appetite?! she not hungry anymore?!?! :lol:

DAT_PUNCH!!!.gif
bruh my son wont eat anything with cheese unless its "regular" cheese
im talking about he only eats that nasty *** american cheese
mind u i make homemade mac n cheese, and au gratin, cheeseburgers, and buy sliced cheddar and swiss from the local deli and he wont eat it cause its not regular cheese :smh:
i buy him his own pack of kraft singles american JUST for him

Finally had my baby boy this morning. We actually had him several minutes after my post. Maybe almost a little under an hour later. Crazy.

We were just chilling in the room and I'm surfing NT on my phone, and the next thing I know, I'm holding her legs watching my child enter the word.

TOO. MANY. FEELS.

But I'm in the Official Dad thread, so I know you guys can relate to the feels I'm talking about. :smokin

It was amazing man. I had no words when I held my boy. I had nothing in me but emotions. So crazy.

Born at 10:59am, 7 pounds and some odd ounces. :pimp:

I would post pics, but my girl said if she can't post pics online, neither can I. We decided to just wait a few weeks before throwing his face on the internet.

:pimp: So proud to finally be a dad man.

But on another note, lobotomybeats lobotomybeats , I'm glad everything has started to look up for your and your family man. That story is crazy :wow:
I just imagined myself in that situation. I know I'd lose it. I couldn't even handle seeing my boy in the nursery by himself this morning. :smh:

I hope your kids (and everyone else's kids in here) are blessed with strength and good health.

Also, I think its real boss that your sons name is

View media item 932718
:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:
:pimp: i wanna buy ur lil man this lobotomybeats lobotomybeats
View media item 932802

Last edited:
Again, thanks, guys. It's funny that you mention Adventure Time. You wouldn't believe how many people ask if that's where the name came from. Judging by my avy, you can probably tell where the name actually came from. We do watch Adventure Time though.

I don't even have kids and y'all got a ***** in da feels

I ***** with it tho

I was working after school today in this lady's back yard and next door I saw son and pops playing catch.... I don't see that much often

Y'all keep it up tho andretti is proud of you all and wish y'all much luck

Take care of ya kids fam peace.

Congrats to all the new fathers and much respect to all those continuing to be the good fathers they should be!

UPDATE: Wife is due any day now... due date was scheduled on the 5th but im thinking my little man might show up a couple days after.

Any Last minute advice? Like what to pack in the hospital bag, delivery room etiquette, etc?

Congrats to all the new fathers and much respect to all those continuing to be the good fathers they should be!

UPDATE: Wife is due any day now... due date was scheduled on the 5th but im thinking my little man might show up a couple days after.

Any Last minute advice? Like what to pack in the hospital bag, delivery room etiquette, etc?

Whatever your wife tells you while she's in labor, don't take it personally. Do whatever she says. And if you start feeling queasy, sit down....seriously. Other than that, enjoy the moment my man:smokin.

View media item 953105My son is infatuated with cars man. Like that's all he do 90% of the day. No lie its gotta be 100+ cars around my crib/car/dads crib. Hebloves the way they sound and walk around riding his lil carbyelling vroom vroom

This was on easter when all the other kids were running and playing and having fun, this guy is in the back dolo playing with cars that was in his basket lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom