Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

Oh damb.. y'all trying to go back to back?

Naw. Probably a few years in between. My sister and I are 5 years apart and my girl and her brother are 3 years apart so we'll probably do it one of those ways.

carver carver

My dude, I know that had to eat u up. My daughter had to get a Chalazion cyst removed from her eyelid and they had to put her to sleep. She was so scared and I had to be strong for her though I was scared for her. They told me that she would react weird but not realize it due to the gas and I was ready for it, she had a look like she was being suffocated and needed me to save her, so glad when she went to sleep to get the operation done :smh:

ive reached my limit guys of reps guys...
well anyways, if yall know, the heat been on a losing streak, my son even knows :lol:... well i just told him at least we aint the lakers

carver carver

My dude, I know that had to eat u up. My daughter had to get a Chalazion cyst removed from her eyelid and they had to put her to sleep. She was so scared and I had to be strong for her though I was scared for her. They told me that she would react weird but not realize it due to the gas and I was ready for it, she had a look like she was being suffocated and needed me to save her, so glad when she went to sleep to get the operation done :smh:

Bro it was terrible.. On top of him crying at the top of his lungs, his momma started crying too.. Those feels fam :;
ive reached my limit guys of reps guys...
well anyways, if yall know, the heat been on a losing streak, my son even knows :lol:... well i just told him at least we aint the lakers
I always run out of reps in here too :lol:

this thread
pimp.gif

my son has been in a soccer class since september its was all basics until last week. They started scrimmaging between two teams. haha **** was fun to watch and root for the kid to get the ball. Some dad's tho acting like Phil Jackson yelling at Pau. I wanted to tell the other dad "but we talking about practice!?"

Last edited:
son tried to whoop me in connect 4 last night
gave him a thorough *** whoopin
and let him know its real out here
won like 23 straight games

until i wasnt paying attention and put my piece in the wrong place and he won
i was devestated
he has never beaten me :frown: :smh:
told him i didnt wanna play anymore :lol:

my son has been in a soccer class since september its was all basics until last week. They started scrimmaging between two teams. haha **** was fun to watch and root for the kid to get the ball. Some dad's tho acting like Phil Jackson yelling at Pau. I wanted to tell the other dad "but we talking about practice!?"

:lol:

Can't wait for these feels to go to my lil dudes games..

And he just turned 1 today :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: we are having the party tomorrow tho.. Crazy how fast that first year went :smh:

Last edited:
sup, yall... yall do anything for spring break.. my kids break doesnt come up til another week.. still debating on what to do.. weather isnt the best up here around the portland area

son tried to whoop me in connect 4 last night
gave him a thorough *** whoopin
and let him know its real out here
won like 23 straight games

until i wasnt paying attention and put my piece in the wrong place and he won
i was devestated
he has never beaten me :frown: :smh:
told him i didnt wanna play anymore :lol:
i dont take **** easy on my kids... they know when its play time and game time... i think it helps my kids not to be sore losers... you gonna lose sometimes in the future, get used to it now :lol:

i dont take **** easy on my kids... they know when its play time and game time... i think it helps my kids not to be sore losers... you gonna lose sometimes in the future, get used to it now :lol:

haha today was my son's 3rd class of soccer where they started playing team scrimmages. It was just 3 on 3 because some other kids didn't show up. It's the age when kids don't understand competition that well. His other two team mates had meltdowns because they were getting the rock lol so it was pretty much 3 on 1 for a few minutes. My son was starting to be a sore loser because he couldn't get the ball, he was walking over to me like he wanted to stop playing. I told here take a sip of water and get back out there and get the ball. Then some kid on the other team had a meltdown too because he wasn't sure how to get the ball. So it was 2 on 1 my son gets the ball scores back 2 back goals. Best feeling and sports moment I've witnessed live haha. Any other dads out there watch their son play sports? How's the feeling when it's a real game, this game was just practice and I was already hype :lol:

Last edited:
^^^^ Its a great feeling when they do it in a real game. My wife told me I was being too loud cheering for my son lol. In his very first real game (about 3 years ago ) he scored 4 goals. Of course imma be loud cheering for him lol. I even took his jersey to get his fist name printed on the back R9 style lol. Still have a pic of him after his first game on my phone. Def one proud dad.

Last edited:
my son is in the 2nd grade... they really dont have sports for him yet (school) not sure what sport he wants to play though... i think the best feeling i had so far is when i taught him how to ride his bike...

My son (10 yrs) plays club soccer (travel) & my wife & I love watching him play. His plays either a holding mid or one of the any of the defensive positions.

I was working with him on his defensive fundamentals; staying compact, always being within an arms length (not allowing space for the opposing player to shoot or create), sliding side to side, & keeping the player in front of you (resisting the urge to take a poke at the ball).

We also talked about tenacity. At the time, Barcelona's Puyol announced he was retiring at the end of the season so I showed him a tribute vid Puyol's play over the years to illustrate what it means to be a tenacious defender & dammit the kid elevated his level of play over the last month/month & half. :smokin

He's rack up so many assists passing from the back over the coarse of the season & even scored some goals (during the indoor & futsal sessions this winter).

It's really amazing not only watching your kid play sports but do it at a high level.

One thing I keep conscious of though is not be one of those loud mouth parents who try to coach from the sidelines or complain to the ref. The only thing I do is cheer my son & his team.

I'm amazed at parents that complain to the refs. Like really, is that going to change anything? Plus they look like idiots. :rolleyes

My son (10 yrs) plays club soccer (travel) & my wife & I love watching him play. His plays either a holding mid or one of the any of the defensive positions.

I was working with him on his defensive fundamentals; staying compact, always being within an arms length (not allowing space for the opposing player to shoot or create), sliding side to side, & keeping the player in front of you (resisting the urge to take a poke at the ball).

We also talked about tenacity. At the time, Barcelona's Puyol announced he was retiring at the end of the season so I showed him a tribute vid Puyol's play over the years to illustrate what it means to be a tenacious defender & dammit the kid elevated his level of play over the last month/month & half. :smokin

He's rack up so many assists passing from the back over the coarse of the season & even scored some goals (during the indoor & futsal sessions this winter).

It's really amazing not only watching your kid play sports but do it at a high level.

One thing I keep conscious of though is not be one of those loud mouth parents who try to coach from the sidelines or complain to the ref. The only thing I do is cheer my son & his team.

I'm amazed at parents that complain to the refs. Like really, is that going to change anything? Plus they look like idiots. :rolleyes

that sounds amazing, I think parents that complain to the refs are like the people that blame the refs for everything here on NT

Last edited:
Wife's pregnancy hormones kicked bros :smh:
My boys warned me, but man I didn't know it would be like this. The mood swings, quick to cry (broke down around me the 1st time last night) and the increased bossiness. I have to keep telling myself this isn't her and it is the pregnancy doing this instead :lol:. Praying for July to get here quick man :lol:

Wife's pregnancy hormones kicked bros :smh:
My boys warned me, but man I didn't know it would be like this. The mood swings, quick to cry (broke down around me the 1st time last night) and the increased bossiness. I have to keep telling myself this isn't her and it is the pregnancy doing this instead :lol:. Praying for July to get here quick man :lol:

lol it's all part of it. And yes, it's normal to want to set her on fire in your mind lol.

Back
Top Bottom