Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

any of you guys have any good gift ideas for my wifes first mothers day (from our son)? Not trying to go too crazy, just a couple hundred bucks max.

any of you guys have any good gift ideas for my wifes first mothers day (from our son)? Not trying to go too crazy, just a couple hundred bucks max.

Pictures, women love them. You could either set up a photo shoot, or use Shutterfly to create anything...cards, a booklet of thoughtful pics, a mug, mousepad, etc, you get the idea.

Or you could give her a day off. Put her up in a hotel for the day. Leave flowers and set up a spa treatment.

Pictures, women love them. You could either set up a photo shoot, or use Shutterfly to create anything...cards, a booklet of thoughtful pics, a mug, mousepad, etc, you get the idea.

Or you could give her a day off. Put her up in a hotel for the day. Leave flowers and set up a spa treatment.

+1 on the photo book. We use Google Photos to store our pics, and you can make a photobook straight from the app. We did one with pics from our son's first 2 years and gave them to our mothers and they loved it.

The only thing is my wife is constantly order pics, other things with pics on them, and making the books. :lol: it would just be duplicitous at this point.

If that's the case, possibly a really nice photo frame or something to display or organize the books and prints that she's getting

Spa package is a good idea. Even though she a hairdresser and they have a spa at her salon I know she still likes to go to other places for spa days. Thanks gents.

20190417_061533_HDR.jpg
My youngest turned 4 today.
Yall ever buy a gift and felt like this is the one they remember forever

Got him a Miles Morales jacket

20190417_061533_HDR.jpg
My youngest turned 4 today.
Yall ever buy a gift and felt like this is the one they remember forever

Got him a Miles Morales jacket
Congrats. Watch this is NOT the gift they will remember it will be something totally different that they remember. It could be a moment that they remember instead of a gift. Like dad just the time we were sitting outside the store waiting for mom people watching.

A post from last year when we took our girls on a Disney trip popped up on my FB timeline. Just watching the video of my oldest also 4 playing with a Little Mermaid bubble maker on the deck while we wait to push off. MAN it got me for a second at work. Someone cutting onions in here because don't know what else it could be.

Anyone here currently stays at home with the kids full-time while your partner/spouse works?

The reason I ask is that my wife is considering a position and go back to work. If so, that would mean, I would stay home with the kids.

Anyone here currently stays at home with the kids full-time while your partner/spouse works?

The reason I ask is that my wife is considering a position and go back to work. If so, that would mean, I would stay home with the kids.

Being a full time parent is a job in itself (a lot more tiring than an actual job imo). I guess it would make sense if the numbers make sense (cost of a nanny vs what you’ll earn if you were at work). The next question would be if the time you’ll be spending with your child and watching them grow is worth that difference in cost

Never stop your grind famb. Keep pushing. I played daddy day care for 9 months with no job. Felt worthless cuz I’m supposed to break bread. Wifey played her role and supported my mindset. Ittl be tough because theyll try to make it like their the boss. Had to hold my tongue a couple of times cuz I was broke lol...Things a whole lot better financially now than 2 yrs ago.

my wife had to start insulin last week and when we went to the class, the dr made me poke one of those pen needles into my belly to “feel what mom has to go through”. i was like are you ******* serious?! even my wife was trippin. i did it though and of course it doesn’t hurt at all. we all ended up laughing about it. i give her the shot every night at bedtime. latest check-up the doc said there’s nothing big but a few small things that could indicate pre-eclampsia so we’re scheduled to induce 2 weeks before the due date. my son was induced 10 days early for the same reasons. i guess i’d better start getting the house ready and install the car seat.

I wish I could stay at home with my girls. Only concern would be the kids' education. There's a lot they can learn at that young age and I wouldn't want to waste their time with me struggling to relay that information

caught my daughter in a pretty big lie ... my daddy sense turned on and i'm partial to be blamed for this ...

she's responsible for her homework and on her iPad she has homework to read and answer 20 questions at the end and it gets logged to turn in the next day, so she would do it herself for months and the other day i was wondering why she would finish so fast ... then i asked to see her iPad and went to her homework app and saw that she hasn't been doing her questions, but she's been logging them in as if she was doing them.

i can understand if she didnt do a couple, but its pretty much the whole page of 20+ online books she did it for ... i decided to remain calm and not lose it cause man this girl gets everything ... so i just had a talk with her and deleted most of her apps (kids youtube / kids netflix) and told her once she finishes up on her reading / questions we'll see where I stand at that point.

big dad fail :smh:

caught my daughter in a pretty big lie ... my daddy sense turned on and i'm partial to be blamed for this ...

she's responsible for her homework and on her iPad she has homework to read and answer 20 questions at the end and it gets logged to turn in the next day, so she would do it herself for months and the other day i was wondering why she would finish so fast ... then i asked to see her iPad and went to her homework app and saw that she hasn't been doing her questions, but she's been logging them in as if she was doing them.

i can understand if she didnt do a couple, but its pretty much the whole page of 20+ online books she did it for ... i decided to remain calm and not lose it cause man this girl gets everything ... so i just had a talk with her and deleted most of her apps (kids youtube / kids netflix) and told her once she finishes up on her reading / questions we'll see where I stand at that point.

big dad fail :smh:

Trust but verify

My baby is 7... surreal man. She has changed my every being. Been tryna spend more time with just her since her lil bro has been stealin all the attention. Hell be two in 2 months. Damn I'm old

Attachments

• Attach26894_20190423_131516.jpg
    Attach26894_20190423_131516.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 20190423_130722.jpg
    20190423_130722.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 20190425_123635.jpg
    20190425_123635.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 15
Back
Top Bottom