Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

Man, sitting in that park looking at that kids toy gun it's all I could think about.

Me and my wife admitted to our son that it's not fair but unfortunately it's reality for us as black men to be this cautious. But also let him know that although it's unsafe for him to play with certain toys/games in the public we can still provide a safe environment for him to play with those things.

But I also made it clear to him that in his situation of bringing stink bombs to school is absolutely a bad idea and is completely inexcusable.

It's a scary world we live in and we have to do what we can to provide our kids with the necessary tools to make it

That last sentence is true. But in this case, because of race, it bothers me cause it isnt fair. I know this is the world now, i get it.Sorry you have nd your fam to go through this. Honestly.

Lil man gonna mature quick for sure.

That last sentence is true. But in this case, because of race, it bothers me cause it isnt fair. I know this is the world now, i get it.Sorry you have nd your fam to go through this. Honestly.

Lil man gonna mature quick for sure.

I'm just as bothered as you. Told my son that I have to be constantly aware of so many things because I'm a 6 foot 3, 280lbs , black man with long dreads. I am completely aware that the description of myself is intimidating to so many people and unfortunately I have to operate my life around peoples' unfounded fears of what they've been taught that I represent.

I'm pissed off my son can't just be a kid and never have to think he could die because of some POS and their racist beliefs, but because I want to come home everyday, I have to make certain moves just to be less threatening. But like I said, I'll make sure that we create an environment somewhere that he can have those experiences and not worry about those problems

Congrats to all the recent new fathers..

The Kid brought his report card home and got straight A's..Since first grade started he's had 19 quarters of school and every single one has been A's across the board..He'll make Principal's List (above honor roll at his school) for the 5th year in a row..

Plus we went to his beginner band recital today and he was pretty solid..Another kid in the percussion section took my son's sheet music when they changed instruments so Cooper (my boy) had to play the whole song just from memory..He nailed it!..#ProudFather #MySonIsSmarterThanIEverWas #BlessedByGod
repped
my son in the 7th
straight A's all year
hein band too
playing the clarinet
was hype seeing him show his skills at his winter concert
man my kids gonna do waaaaaay more great things than i ever did
my son wants to be an electrical engineer
was telling me last week he wants to go to Harvard
had a tear in my eye

Man I’m the opposite from you guys with my daughter. I was thinking about how I gotta teach her to always protect herself and be aware of surroundings. I told my wife I want to get her into jiujitsu when she’s old enough or something combative just so she can be prepared. I’ve never done jiujitsu so I probably will wait and maybe take classes together.

^^ yeah same here. at least so she can defend herself...

and i want to take them so i can defend her/my wife too and not get knocked out.

Luckily i've been able to talk my way out of situations lol...

^ same here. My 5 year old has been asking to sign him up for BJJ classes, so after t-ball season we are going to try it out for a few months. My 3 year old daughter is all about wrestling too, and i want to sign her up when she is of age as well. Not sure how it is for the gyms around where you guys live, but around me the minimum age has to be 4/5.

they have jiu jits starting at 3 near my house. my son is 6 and i'm going to start him in judo first. he's not super coordinated so i don't want him doing anything too technical that might turn him off. some of his friends do karate but that seems more for discipline at this early age and not so much for self-defense (or offense). i'd be better off having him in boxing if that was the goal.

Man my son is 2 and recently just starts screaming loud as hell in stores when he sees something and we don't get it. Like we are going down an aisle and he sees a car or something and I say no and dude just starts screaming at the top of his lungs. ****s embarrassing :lol:. Can you guys recommend anything, or is it just a stage?

:lol:
my niece did the same thing when she was small and one day in crowded costco my brother is like eff this and starts carrying her to the car and she starts screaming like she’s terrified and keeps yelling ahhhh oww you’re hurting me!!!! my brother was tripping and everyone was staring so he put her down.

my son don’t play that though. my wife comes right back with double the energy if my son starts to whine for a toy. lectures him on and on about kids with no homes, no food, no parents, no nothing. she wears my boy down :lol: if my son cries to me about a toy i just start heading for the exit and he ain’t got no choice but to follow.

my kids aren't that bad about it and I try to tell them that presence > presents

that wouldn't admit to that or realize it's true but it definitely is

glad that the weather is finally getting better so we can do stuff like go to the park

Man my son is 2 and recently just starts screaming loud as hell in stores when he sees something and we don't get it. Like we are going down an aisle and he sees a car or something and I say no and dude just starts screaming at the top of his lungs. ****s embarrassing :lol:. Can you guys recommend anything, or is it just a stage?

Its a phase man. Terrible twos.

Stand your ground, and then ignore it.
Eventually they get the idea and stop. Make sure youre on the same page with the wife/grandparents....Cause then itlll all be pointless.

Right now is a critical time for you and your wife to show him your parenting, the earlier the better

Yup team work makes the dream work. I can stand my daughters crying but had to toughen up my wife cause she was ready to baby her. It’s not easy but worth it.

Ya weather and time change is nice. Now I can take my daughter with me for runs and tire her out at the park.

I’ve been watching my sisters-in-law 2 month old here and there and he makes me not want to have a second kid for a long time :lol: I’m fine with just having relatives with younger kids for now and leave it at that

Son got in trouble again yesterday for talkin' during a study hall class. Told him since he just got suspended last week, detention today, that if he gets in any other trouble baseball is out the window. Idk why this boy seems to enjoy being in trouble but he gon get a foot in his a* if he don't get it together

3BDAC407-CD28-4791-80DC-D3CE70B286E6.jpeg
Daughter made fried Oreos. Fire! Love my eldest. Old soul. Placed 2nd in shot put for varsity and she a sophomore.

Son got in trouble again yesterday for talkin' during a study hall class. Told him since he just got suspended last week, detention today, that if he gets in any other trouble baseball is out the window. Idk why this boy seems to enjoy being in trouble but he gon get a foot in his a* if he don't get it together
Don’t trip famb. Just talk with him bruh. Mines got summer school coming up. He fd up after getting suspended for fighting. 2 weeks was BS IMO. Fell behind but told him he should be thankful summer school avail for catch up.

Youre nice. Lol i wouldve took bball already.

Don’t trip famb. Just talk with him bruh. Mines got summer school coming up. He fd up after getting suspended for fighting. 2 weeks was BS IMO. Fell behind but told him he should be thankful summer school avail for catch up.

We been doing everything but that old school and it just seems to me that's what he needs. He needs somebody to be a foot in his behind so that he has some fear or respect about himself when he's at school. Part of me wants to get some boxing gloves and everytime he mess up we gotta spar for 3 mins

Youre nice. Lol i wouldve took bball already.

I'm tryna be "fair" and lenient but he on thin ice with me

We been doing everything but that old school and it just seems to me that's what he needs. He needs somebody to be a foot in his behind so that he has some fear or respect about himself when he's at school. Part of me wants to get some boxing gloves and everytime he mess up we gotta spar for 3 mins

I'm tryna be "fair" and lenient but he on thin ice with me

How old is Lil man? Fairness will take you a long way. Teaches balance. You’re 6’3 250+ right? Im 6’2, 265 and strong as fuh. My sons 15 and already 6ft 200lbs so I want him to utilize his mind more Rather his strength so I barely use corporal punishment anymore.
Took away rugby last fall for barely graduating middle school and it semi worked. Seems like boys just take a longer time to actually “get it”[/QUOTE]

How old is Lil man? Fairness will take you a long way. Teaches balance. You’re 6’3 250+ right? Im 6’2, 265 and strong as fuh. My sons 15 and already 6ft 200lbs so I want him to utilize his mind more Rather his strength so I barely use corporal punishment anymore.
Took away rugby last fall for barely graduating middle school and it semi worked. Seems like boys just take a longer time to actually “get it”
[/QUOTE]

He'll be 13 next month, I'm 80% opposed to anything physical because I don't want him to think if he could ever take me that means he has the right to buck the system. We've done the punishment thing on everything else but it seems like he's just not fully bothered by much.

Planning on taking him to either lunch or dinner just us to have a good conversation with him. Might try Sunday if I go play flag football, I'll drag him along and we'll get something to eat on the way after the game(s)

Planning on taking him to either lunch or dinner just us to have a good conversation with him. Might try Sunday if I go play flag football, I'll drag him along and we'll get something to eat on the way after the game(s)
That’s wassup. It’s crazy cuz I know his masculinity is top tier but I try to influence that empathetic side. Plus his mom is ganxsta as fuh lol

Back
Top Bottom