Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

Shout out to my daughter’s mother
AAAC868A-101D-40C1-89A3-A4CA9F86C9B9.jpeg

F13C4B91-229A-49B0-ACC5-3D286104F547.jpeg

0BEA8D9B-D1FE-4E1C-819F-562ECF652E7D.jpeg

for school, my son has to bring a shoebox filled with stuff for an 11 year old boy living with his fam in a homeless shelter. they’re suggesting toys, clothes, gift cards etc. but i have no idea how big the kid is so clothing is out. i’m thinking gift cards are easy but hopefully nobody takes em and trades em for dope. any ideas/suggestions?

I think most places suggest to avoid gift cards
I'd say just pick an "average" size of clothes
as far as toys see if you can get one of those lil drone toys in the middle of the mall or something

Yesterday was parent teacher conference for my oldest

Her teacher raved about her

24AA39D4-B213-412C-8C41-94C5CC2C3B74.jpeg

Had parent teacher conference for my preschooler last week, she has the same preschool teacher that her older sister did

Doing good but needs to break out of her shell

My oldest has half days this week up until Thanksgiving so I took her with yesterday and today to pick up her sister and say hi to her old preschool teacher...she thanked to preschool teacher for teaching her since she’s doing so well in 1st grade

Some recent pics

A4C2AD1C-AAD8-4CCE-B2B4-0DF51C84A93F.jpeg
73D7D3F1-7215-4B74-893E-D53DC13B862D.jpeg
8588B720-B87F-4667-8FCF-25BD74D1F26A.jpeg

My favorite :lol:

09CF8A8D-BEEA-4ED3-8D12-0BACB9D5D1BF.jpeg

Looking like a middle aged woman who takes exercising very seriously

Last edited:
Told my son to pick out 5 shoes he likes: 3 any price & 2 no more than $150
He's nto a real big sneaker kid so majority of his shoes were basic and under that $150. Only one that was more is the Kyrie 5 "Squidward" joints so I'm def gonna get him those and he got excited about these AF1 Hi's so I'll grab those. Buying him shoes reminds me how much I miss buyin' myself shoes lol

This kid shoe size blew up over the summer, was wearing a 9 last year now he's up to my size, 11.5
Might get him the Kyries in a 12 so I can wear em too lol

How all the only child pops doing? My boy turns 3 on the 23rd and I’m struggling with having another one.

we alone. No grandparents. No siblings, no one to help us. Wife has an aunt but she’s old and not able to tend to a new born and a 3 year old...if it ever calls for someone to watch them.

How did your own children adjust as they got older and what impact did it have on your life?

right now it’s 1k daycare, wake up, make breakfast and lunch,drop off at daycare, work, pick him up, play, pass out, rinse and repeat.

if either of us wanna do something, one of us has to stay home. Which I love since I’m a homebody but sometimes I get resentful...

just need some advice from other 1 child parents

we were a one child household for 6 years. my son is in a good school. we were doing ok financially. then she gets pregnant and we have my baby girl. my mom is retired but can’t really watch an infant every day. my wife’s parents work. the good infant daycares are all close to 2k+/month. we decide that my wife will quit and stay home with the baby. money is tight right now, especially with christmas coming. we’re ok though and my wife is super happy to spend all that time with our daughter. they both do stuff with my mom all the time too. for us, it was the right decision.

for us, it was the right decision.
and that's all that matters man. make the decision that's right for YOU and YOUR family. somehow, things always seem to work out in the end.

Did that also- $$ was tight after my wife and I got married. I was the only one working because she was in nursing school.

right after she graduated, she got pregnant and stayed home for a year with our babygirl. This was from 2010-2013.

FFWD and now our daughter is 6 and our son is 2. She's an ANM and i'm doing ok in my career (even though my manager sucks but that's another story).

$$ can still be 'tight' sometimes (mortgage, tuition, bills, etc) but we've always made it work somehow. I truly believe God has had our back....

back then we decided that she take some time off and take care of our babygirl, and she's said that it was the best thing for both of them. now she only works weekends (although it's 12 hour shifts) and she's with babyboy during the week while babygirl is at school.

Shoulda went to nursing school too dammit... LOL

How all the only child pops doing? My boy turns 3 on the 23rd and I’m struggling with having another one.

we alone. No grandparents. No siblings, no one to help us. Wife has an aunt but she’s old and not able to tend to a new born and a 3 year old...if it ever calls for someone to watch them.

How did your own children adjust as they got older and what impact did it have on your life?

right now it’s 1k daycare, wake up, make breakfast and lunch,drop off at daycare, work, pick him up, play, pass out, rinse and repeat.

if either of us wanna do something, one of us has to stay home. Which I love since I’m a homebody but sometimes I get resentful...

just need some advice from other 1 child parents

Man, we just had our second one a month ago after 7 years ... and its definitely an eye opening experience.

You forget about the baby waking up every 2-3 hours to feed, my wife is off work until March but I'm going to try and convince her to not go back to work - I'm still going to work full time and going to school full time (will take baby bonding time intermittently soon).

It's tough because we have no one as well, my in-laws life in a different country and my parents are out of the picture. I have no siblings to ask for help and my wife's sisters have their own lives.

Luckily, one of my nephews goes to the same school as my daughter (they're like brother/sister) so once the kids started going to school my wife would drop off my daughter super early at her sister's house (5am) before she went to work and then I changed my schedule to 4am-12p to be able to pickup my daughter from school.

Now with the newborn, we start all over ....

We've been staying home as of late because of how cold it is, how long it takes to get ready, my wife needing to breastfeed / pump every 2 hours, you ready for this again :lol:

When you mean when you wanna do something, can you explain that a lil more? You mean take the wifey out?

It's tough man, we all gotta make sacrifices ... waking up at 2am is never easy.

my second one will be turning 4 in a few weeks...the terrible twos in the morning has not stopped

still have to force clothes off and on from head to toe frequently

Well I’ll be joining this group as a first time dad within the next 4 weeks. Me and my wife had a difficult time at first and then it happened!
We’re both teachers so we’re use to being around kids of all ages especially since her family is very large (many nieces and nephews)!

It still hasn’t hit me that I’m going to be a father. Is this normal?

I know once I meet him that I’ll be happy but it’s still an unknown for me at this point.

Man, we just had our second one a month ago after 7 years ... and its definitely an eye opening experience.

You forget about the baby waking up every 2-3 hours to feed, my wife is off work until March but I'm going to try and convince her to not go back to work - I'm still going to work full time and going to school full time (will take baby bonding time intermittently soon).

It's tough because we have no one as well, my in-laws life in a different country and my parents are out of the picture. I have no siblings to ask for help and my wife's sisters have their own lives.

Luckily, one of my nephews goes to the same school as my daughter (they're like brother/sister) so once the kids started going to school my wife would drop off my daughter super early at her sister's house (5am) before she went to work and then I changed my schedule to 4am-12p to be able to pickup my daughter from school.

Now with the newborn, we start all over ....

We've been staying home as of late because of how cold it is, how long it takes to get ready, my wife needing to breastfeed / pump every 2 hours, you ready for this again :lol:

When you mean when you wanna do something, can you explain that a lil more? You mean take the wifey out?

It's tough man, we all gotta make sacrifices ... waking up at 2am is never easy.

I feel you. We were lucky cause my son was cake.

When I say do stuff...I mean like dates or guys night out.

even something as simple as going to Home Depot...it’s a mission.

I’m just growing tired of everyone saying he’s going to be alone and blah blah...I would love a daughter but none of them gonna help lol

I’ve been pushing to be a stay at home since she likes working but I don’t think I could do that if it was a girl.

thanks for all the input everyone.

Been a while since I've checked in and updated my kids' stories:

Really starting to realize how big my 13 year old is. 5'10 @ 215lbs, I got a whole man child in my house stinkin' up his room and being lazy. Outside of the normal hard headed boy issues we all go through he's such a sweet kid, just lazy as all get out. Has consistent issues in his Chinese class around talkin' and basic "minor" misbehavior so we gotta figure out why he doesn't respect his Chinese teacher enough to behave how he's supposed to.
Also trying to find that balance of giving him his own space and forcing him to spend time with the family. Sometimes expecting your teenager to CHOOSE to spend time with you is kinda fool hearted. I ain't wanna just sit 'round my mama when I was a teenager but I appreciate those moments she made me watch them boring movies with her.

3 year old & 5 year old both doing good in school and come home everyday with some new phrase or funny pronunciation. Starting to realize how smart they are and that they are really getting big. Picked up my 5 year old and noticed how long she was and it took me back for a sec. And looking at both of them standing next to each other noticing how close in height the 3yr old is always a bit wild.

I'm getting old man...

What are some good Christmas gift ideas for expecting mother’s?

I got some bellybuds and a massager in my Amazon basket currently for the lady. She’s cool with anything but I’m tired of buying shoes for her as gifts all the time :lol:

what y'all getting your kids for Xmas?

I feel like I need something in addition to what we're getting them but I don't want to spoil them

6 year is getting a Lego set, Lego ideas book, Where the Sidewalk Ends book, and a couple of stocking stuffers

4 year old is getting an art set, a book, stocking stuffers

2 year old getting a hot wheels set, stocking stuffers

Back
Top Bottom