Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

:lol: damn 5 kids. She wants no part of labor again lol. Our hospital doesn't allow for you to go naturally if you've already had c section though. Recovery is tough but she's doing alright.

This child is awesome though. She sleeping like a champ. Spending as much time with her as possible.
that recovery though :x.. Gives you a better appreciation for the wifey though.
Good memories especially when we popped her pain meds together :lol:

I have 3 kids. I think I'm done. We're going to wait a year or two and then reassess. The last two pregnancies have been really scary and high risk. I would like to protect me from any heartbreak. It's a tough decision, but right now I feel like having another child would be selfish of us. Saying that makes my eyes tear up a bit.

I have 3 kids. I think I'm done. We're going to wait a year or two and then reassess. The last two pregnancies have been really scary and high risk. I would like to protect me from any heartbreak. It's a tough decision, but right now I feel like having another child would be selfish of us. Saying that makes my eyes tear up a bit.

I feel you man. With my little guy it felt like we were at the doctors every other week for what of could of been serious complications. Got to the point where they said he could need surgery when he came out. I wanted to punch all the doctors in the face. I lucked out and when he was born NOTHING they said came to be. I don't want to go though that again

I feel you man. With my little guy it felt like we were at the doctors every other week for what of could of been serious complications. Got to the point where they said he could need surgery when he came out. I wanted to punch all the doctors in the face. I lucked out and when he was born NOTHING they said came to be. I don't want to go though that again

Yeah, our pregnancies were similar. My two-year old's was scarier and he will still require a heart valve replacement one day. I feel like we've gotten lucky twice now, I'm very content with three. I don't want three and one what-could-have-been.

You're good famb. you seem aware of the consequences which means your putting your families safety first, plus you have 3 that can take up that time.
I feel bad at times due to spending more attention to my younger 3 (2, 3, 4) rather my elder two (12, 11).

Little man will be 5 month already on Sunday!
eek.gif
frown.gif

He is rolling over and talking all day long. It is crazy how fast they really start picking up on things.

Wife and I got all sentimental the other night. Turned the mobile on in his room and he played and put himself to sleep holding onto his little pillow. Wife was all sad talking about he already doesn't need us as much anymore.
embarassed.gif

I know what you're saying..When my wife was pregnant with my son it seemed like we were at the doc's office every damn day..She had to go once a week for the last 3 months of her pregnancy to get put on the heart monitor and get an ultra sound..It was scary, but my son came out perfectly fine..We decided 1 was enough (she has a daughter that is almost 10 yrs. older than my son) and it was just too hard on her body to have another..

I'll tell you about wanting to punch a doctor out..Our OB/GYN was a straight jackass..We told him she wanted her tubes tied right after we had our son..Every time we went for a visit (which was weekly) the Dr. would ask us if we were sure about our decision..We'd always say yes and he would always say some outlandish bull***t to us..One time he said, "Well what if your house catches on fire and your son dies? Won't you want to have another kid?" >: ..Another time he asked us "What if you go to check on him in his cribs and he's suffocated to death? Then wouldn't having your tubes tied be a mistake since you won't be able to replace him?"..I've never wanted to put my hands around a person's throat and squeeze til he took his last breath..Thank God that when the time came for our delivery date that we picked rolled around that Dr. was sick and his partner delivered our son..And he was a total 180 from the psycho doctor..The new guy made it a wonderful experience..

happy birthday to your kid @psk2310 is his soccer season over?

Thanks Oscar. Hope all is well with you & your family. Happy Holidays too...

The outdoor/fall season has been over. My son's team finished 27 - 4 - 4. Won 2 tournaments, 2nd place in another,& semi finals in another tourney.

We started futsal on Saturdays (won that game) & indoor on Sundays (tied that game) last weekend.

How about your son's team? They have a good year?

Last edited:

#thefeels I know the fluctuating emotional roller coaster that pregnancies can be, just in general. High risk obviously adds a great deal more to the equation. props, awesome that you have 3 kids. :pimp:

but you will find out? We didn't mean to find out with any of mine. I guess the ultrasound tech told us to look away and I accidentally looked up and saw her charting "girl"

ah I gotcha. We found out what we were having on my first 2. My oldest is my step-son, so I wasn't involved in that for obvious reasons.

But I think we'll find out? I know, just from a getting-ready perspective, we needed to know on the first two. :D
I'm sitting a tad bit better than I was for those pregnancies so waiting is certainly an option. We'll see what she adds to that conversation.

I'm pretty happy though, we wanted one more. My three are my world and I felt adding one more would solidify the whole damn thing. lol

I'm an only child so I went all in.

Last edited:
I know what you're saying..When my wife was pregnant with my son it seemed like we were at the doc's office every damn day..She had to go once a week for the last 3 months of her pregnancy to get put on the heart monitor and get an ultra sound..It was scary, but my son came out perfectly fine..We decided 1 was enough (she has a daughter that is almost 10 yrs. older than my son) and it was just too hard on her body to have another..

I'll tell you about wanting to punch a doctor out..Our OB/GYN was a straight jackass..We told him she wanted her tubes tied right after we had our son..Every time we went for a visit (which was weekly) the Dr. would ask us if we were sure about our decision..We'd always say yes and he would always say some outlandish bull***t to us..One time he said, "Well what if your house catches on fire and your son dies? Won't you want to have another kid?" >: ..Another time he asked us "What if you go to check on him in his cribs and he's suffocated to death? Then wouldn't having your tubes tied be a mistake since you won't be able to replace him?"..I've never wanted to put my hands around a person's throat and squeeze til he took his last breath..Thank God that when the time came for our delivery date that we picked rolled around that Dr. was sick and his partner delivered our son..And he was a total 180 from the psycho doctor..The new guy made it a wonderful experience..
The **** kinda doctor is this?
mean.gif

Don't have any kids yet, but reading this really pissed me off.

Talking about replace a kid, as if he's a TV that went bad.

The **** kinda doctor is this? :smh:

It's literally the most crazy thing I've ever heard..Dude was out of his mind..And the only reason why we didn't change dr's is because he's one of the top rated docs for high risk pregnancies in our area..And once my wife had some spotting issues and some things go kinda crazy with (I think) the iron levels of her blood tests, we just decided it was best to put up with his insanity in order to get his expertise..

The **** kinda doctor is this? :smh:

It's literally the most crazy thing I've ever heard..Dude was out of his mind..And the only reason why we didn't change dr's is because he's one of the top rated docs for high risk pregnancies in our area..And once my wife had some spotting issues and some things go kinda crazy with (I think) the iron levels of her blood tests, we just decided it was best to put up with his insanity in order to get his expertise..

I would have laid the hands on bruh if he spoke that kinda nonsense.

Don't even speak that kinda **** into existence about me and mine. My lady, my baby, or my kinfolk.

Doctors (along with lawyers, people in finance, & especially judges) are some of the most self entitled grimiest people I know. That convo mentioned doesn't surprise me at all.

We went out to dinner & then went to the indoor soccer game (MASL - Baltimore Blast). My son & his 2 homies had a great time. The home team even won a highly contested game. My son was stoked to get a pic with some cheer leaders too.

View media item 1303010
It's great to see your child happy, laughing, smiling, & having a great time. He had on 2 of his bday presents, the Nike indoor Mecurials on his feet & the Pogba Juve shirt.

I would have laid the hands on bruh if he spoke that kinda nonsense.

Don't even speak that kinda **** into existence about me and mine. My lady, my baby, or my kinfolk.

I wanted to go off on the guy, but my wife wouldn't let me..She was really nervous for our baby because of her health issues and even though she hated that guy, he somehow made her feel very positive and calm about him making sure our baby would be fine..But I can't lie, I told the doctor who delivered our son that I was glad it was him cause the other dr. was a flat out piece of ****.. :lol: ..F'ed up thing is old dude agreed with me 100%..But said they only reason they keep him at the practice was because he was a exceptional doctor who is highly regarded in the medical community..

Last edited:
Respect to all the fathers out there, As a father of 2 beautiful daughters I know how difficult and rewarding the role of father can be.  Keep doing your thing guys, I know its often a thankless job that comes with much sacrifice and work with often very little thanks and return for it.  But the mans role and handling all of this is what makes fathers a much needed and necessary part in every child's life, good work guys, Keep it up.  Save for college. PEACE.

Today is my son's 11th birthday. My wife & I feel like the luckiest parents in the world to have such a a great kid. He's visiting a private school today taking the entrance exam & shadowing one of the students. He's got some bros spending the night & we're taking them to an indoor soccer game (MASL - Baltimore Blast).

View media item 1302110View media item 1302111

That's so cool bro. I hope my son grows up and likes soccer as much as me. I enrolled my daughter into a "co-ed" team but she ended up being the only girl.

Back
Top Bottom