Official NT Dating Thread

TipsyMcStagga

formerly kod843
I figured we could use a thread where we could discuss how you met your significant other, share dating advice, date night ideas, couples retreat or weekend getaway deals/ideas, hell even marriage proposal ideas.

No random hookup or quick flings talk.

I'm currently trying to figure out where to take my girlfriend for her birthday in October. Just a weekend getaway where there are a lot of interesting things to do for couples.

Any low key spots you guys have heard of? Preferably the East Coast/South East area.

I figured we could use a thread where we could discuss how you met your significant other, share dating advice, date night ideas, couples retreat or weekend getaway deals/ideas, hell even marriage proposal ideas.

No random hookup or quick flings talk.

I'm currently trying to figure out where to take my girlfriend for her birthday in October. Just a weekend getaway where there are a lot of interesting things to do for couples.

Any low key spots you guys have heard of? Preferably the East Coast/South East area.
where are you at? The beach is always cool if you don't have access. Miami grew on me my last visit. Wynwood is awesome with all the street art, tons of amazing food. Lots of things to do and shopping. Just don't stop at exit 8 and don't go into Liberty City or Overtown. 

I'm currently in Savannah so I'm around a lot of beaches. Charleston, Hilton Head, and Jacksonville are all close.

Miami is definitely on the list though. Appreciate the suggestion.

I'm currently in Savannah so I'm around a lot of beaches. Charleston, Hilton Head, and Jacksonville are all close.

Miami is definitely on the list though. Appreciate the suggestion.
No problem. At that time of year you could go to North Carolina too. Fall is a great time there, leaves changing, cool weather, depending on where you are at either small cities/towns or college type vibes. 

What's everyone's go-to first date (besides drinks/coffee)?
Took my girl out for mexican and margaritas. Being that she just moved to Atl I drove her downtown and our first date was on Halloween so we drove around looking at Halloween decorations.

Second date we went to my favorite trail to hike, skip rocks, people watch, etc

lets switch it up........what are the worst places to take your first date?

Worst date I ever had was a pumpkin patch, which I was actually excited about. It was just too damn awkward on the way there and the convo. Kind of ruined it all.

But I still got my pumpkin for my porch. **shrug**

i just dont see how i can do that **** again after 12 years down the dump.. **** left me scared fam

been there dude. Only in the last year have I finally just decided to put myself out there and see what transpires. I don't really have any expectations for anything anymore and what happens and comes to me is what it is.

But ya know, hopefully you have taken your time to heal before you decide to put yourself back out there. It isn't easy and you will fall on your face a couple times, but if you are learning, that is the most important thing.

Are you talking about Dave and Buster's? lol

Really man, quality girls pop up in the randomest places. The grocery store, at the gym, while you're running errands, or she could just show up at your door.

I ordered UberEats and I swear, if I wasn't in a relationship I'd def be talking to the girl that showed up.

Sexiest chick I think I've ever seen man, great smile and the way she was looking up at me, them eyes bro?

Ugh, heartbreaker.

So basically man, life will present opportunities to you. Only thing you can do is stay ready and take your shots.

been there dude. Only in the last year have I finally just decided to put myself out there and see what transpires. I don't really have any expectations for anything anymore and what happens and comes to me is what it is.

But ya know, hopefully you have taken your time to heal before you decide to put yourself back out there. It isn't easy and you will fall on your face a couple times, but if you are learning, that is the most important thing.

Are you talking about Dave and Buster's? lol

Yeah ish sucks fam, it was hell the first 3 months but I'm coming along. There is no way i can put myself in a relationship anytime soon, it would be a wreck if I did. Im just doing me right, it might suck being alone but I'm in charge of my life. I had my whole life planned ish got rough and that person decided to dip for a greener pasture.

trust me Im learning alot, one thing that i will always keep in the surface of my mind is that "things change, people change and feelings change" nothing last forever, one day you have something and tomorrow its gone. the universe its always changing and evolving and thats life.

nah not dave and busters :lol:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/J...f8cf95bf99eb1c!8m2!3d28.5414574!4d-81.3775929

I've narrowed down where I'm taking my girl for her birthday to 2 places. New Orleans or Chicago. Anyone been to both? Which would you recommend?

Yeah ish sucks fam, it was hell the first 3 months but I'm coming along. There is no way i can put myself in a relationship anytime soon, it would be a wreck if I did. Im just doing me right, it might suck being alone but I'm in charge of my life. I had my whole life planned ish got rough and that person decided to dip for a greener pasture.

trust me Im learning alot, one thing that i will always keep in the surface of my mind is that "things change, people change and feelings change" nothing last forever, one day you have something and tomorrow its gone. the universe its always changing and evolving and thats life.

nah not dave and busters :lol:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/J...f8cf95bf99eb1c!8m2!3d28.5414574!4d-81.3775929

Oh cool, that is Church street near Bento Cafe! I love that place. Haven't been down there in a minute.

Yeah, learning that impermanence is how life works was a very jarring but eye opening realization to have after my long term relationship ended 3 years ago. So I made tons of life changes, in the beginning hoping it would get them back but afterwards, realized I needed them for ME. After that, sure I have had my ups and downs, but I have learned a lot, met some really amazing people and been to Japan twice since and made even more connections there.

Life really does lead you some funny places and stuff happens for a reason. I second the notion that people will just pop into your life when least expected, just have to keep that energy open and be willing to put some back out. I wish you luck though!

Oh cool, that is Church street near Bento Cafe! I love that place. Haven't been down there in a minute.

Yeah, learning that impermanence is how life works was a very jarring but eye opening realization to have after my long term relationship ended 3 years ago. So I made tons of life changes, in the beginning hoping it would get them back but afterwards, realized I needed them for ME. After that, sure I have had my ups and downs, but I have learned a lot, met some really amazing people and been to Japan twice since and made even more connections there.

Life really does lead you some funny places and stuff happens for a reason. I second the notion that people will just pop into your life when least expected, just have to keep that energy open and be willing to put some back out. I wish you luck though!

Its a journey fam but Im fighting, thank you for the advice and good luck to you too.

giphy.gif

After 5 years with my ex I went through a time where I wanted nothing but to be alone. Initially, I was afraid of the loneliness but learned to love it and tried learn to love myself.

And I third the notion, my current love interest sprung into my life without me knowing/wanting it to happen. I'm also trying to understand that nothing is permanent, but what matters is each day we're presented, lets make the most of it.

Back
Top Bottom