Official NT Dating Thread

Its a journey fam but Im fighting, thank you for the advice and good luck to you too.

giphy.gif

I got you fam. At the end of the day we are all human and we in this together, no matter what.

After 5 years with my ex I went through a time where I wanted nothing but to be alone. Initially, I was afraid of the loneliness but learned to love it and tried learn to love myself.

And I third the notion, my current love interest sprung into my life without me knowing/wanting it to happen. I'm also trying to understand that nothing is permanent, but what matters is each day we're presented, lets make the most of it.

I think the fear of the unknown is what keeps us looking back at first. When you invest so much into someone/something, you are bound to want to keep familiarity because we don't know what is on the other side of that door that is closed at that moment in time. Once we embrace the mystery and possibilities of great things in the unknown, I believe we can truly LIVE life that ends up being worth living instead of going through the motions day in and out, so I am in complete agreeance with you about taking each day and making the most of it.

I got you fam. At the end of the day we are all human and we in this together, no matter what.

I think the fear of the unknown is what keeps us looking back at first. When you invest so much into someone/something, you are bound to want to keep familiarity because we don't know what is on the other side of that door that is closed at that moment in time. Once we embrace the mystery and possibilities of great things in the unknown, I believe we can truly LIVE life that ends up being worth living instead of going through the motions day in and out, so I am in complete agreeance with you about taking each day and making the most of it.
This holds much weight in my thoughts, you should check out the poem 'the path not taken', For me, I'm taking in things as they come and working on letting go of things from my past as I know things will never play out like a well construed movie. Maybe my story will have a happy ending, but I think its up to me to determine whether it is or not and create the path towards it.

I agree with your comment, I also believe that we can live a life worth living, but as long as we can fight any negative and pessimistic thoughts. That's how i feel anyway...

Who pays on the first date? I usually do drinks for the first date.

I'm cool with footing the bill (especially since I'm the one who usually asks her out), but these birds don't even offer to pay.

I'm cool with footing the bill (especially since I'm the one who usually asks her out), but these birds don't even offer to pay.
I usually try to feel the chick out through text/call to determine where we will go and if I'll pay. If the personality seems wack I'll still give it a shot and keep it low budget with a $5 drink from Starbucks that way if nothing comes from it I didn't invest too much into it. If the personality is dope I'll spring for dinner and see where it goes from there.

This holds much weight in my thoughts, you should check out the poem 'the path not taken', For me, I'm taking in things as they come and working on letting go of things from my past as I know things will never play out like a well construed movie. Maybe my story will have a happy ending, but I think its up to me to determine whether it is or not and create the path towards it.

I agree with your comment, I also believe that we can live a life worth living, but as long as we can fight any negative and pessimistic thoughts. That's how i feel anyway...

That bolded line. As a Film Studies/New Media major and artist, I romanticize everything and love to think and hope that life works like it does in the movies. I have certainly had some cinematic moments in my life and having experienced those it is tough to really let go of my hopeless romanticism BUT coming back to the U.S. and seeing how differently things are done after time abroad really put into perspective some things and I think I have finally found the balance between dreaming and realistic expectations.

I am thankful that my Buddhist practices have given me the same outlook you have. Live life, be positive, shed the negative and be as optimistic as humanly possible.

If I ask someone out, I will pay. If we agree to meet up, I usually go dutch and split it unless I really have a good time with them.

I believe in this new post-feminist America, proper etiquette is for women to pay on the first date.

>D

Back
Top Bottom