Official NT Flag Football post

Just started up again in a Co-Rec flag football league.

8v8 and there must be at leas 3 girls on the field at all times on each team.

I've played flag football before, but never really with concrete plays etc.

Teams in this league have been playing for a couple of years together and this is our first time playing together, so with all the NT vets with sports knowledge, I'd figure I could start this post up in hopes of some plays, advice, etc.

As of now, I'm the QB (didn't choose to be) so I feel a bit overwhelmed and a bit more responsible on how this team does in the league even though it's our first time and I know football takes a lot of chemistry.

For now, the only thing I got down in we'll probably run a basic cover 2 defense so it'd make it easier for the girls to learn and for us to teach them and move on the the cover 3 and some blitzes from each package as we get comfortable with the cover 2.

Open for any type of discussion, positive or negative.

:smokin :smokin

And yeah Cover 2 and Man are the easiest things to do for that.

Never heard of 8 on 8 co-ed flag before. I play 6 vs 6 co-ed (in addition to my normal all guy flag football team). It's pretty fun.

Last edited:
i'd like to know how you as a fellow houstonian didn't invite me to be on your team.

if you have the people to cover, go man. i remember playing a game where we sat in zone forever and the qb would take off and run by everyone. then we manned up, contained and put a spy on the QB and he threw pick after pick :pimp:

Aww man this brings back great memories of intramural leagues I played in back in 2002 while at UF. Flag Football here in Florida is HUGELY popular and is extremely competitive!

I've played co-ed before and as far as the mens team, I've played with former NCAA athletes and/or NFL players alike. It gets really serious out there and like Dre said, cover 2 in flag is pretty effective seeing as how the contact is at a minimum due to the rule difference!

Back
Top Bottom