Official NT Summer Reading Thread

Just pick something that interests you for starts. Don't feel the need to compete with anyone who's reading some obscure title that is getting praise from everyone.

once i'm done studying for the gre's i'm gonna be back in this thread.

Just pick something that interests you for starts. Don't feel the need to compete with anyone who's reading some obscure title that is getting praise from everyone.

once i'm done studying for the gre's i'm gonna be back in this thread.

Originally Posted by wisache15

Originally Posted by CWrite78

brief-wondrous-life-of-oscar-wao-by-junot-diaz.jpg

book is TOO good.
QFT 
pimp.gif

will be picking this up

I'm almost done reading The Lost Symbol.  I've been reading it between classes and during breaks all semester.  It took me forever but I have less than 100 pages left.  Dan Brown's writing style keeps me interested for some reason.
I also have Women by Charles Bukowski to finish.  It's definitely not a writing style i'm used to.  Basically just a big collection of crazy stories about drinking and sex.  If you're a fan of Californication then you'll like it since it was basically its inspiration.

I have Hitman that has been sitting on my shelf for 2 years.  Can't wait to start reading it.

I'm almost done reading The Lost Symbol.  I've been reading it between classes and during breaks all semester.  It took me forever but I have less than 100 pages left.  Dan Brown's writing style keeps me interested for some reason.
I also have Women by Charles Bukowski to finish.  It's definitely not a writing style i'm used to.  Basically just a big collection of crazy stories about drinking and sex.  If you're a fan of Californication then you'll like it since it was basically its inspiration.

I have Hitman that has been sitting on my shelf for 2 years.  Can't wait to start reading it.

I gotta go buy the alchemist tomorrow.. Just finished Midnight and the meaning of Love by Sister Souljah really good

I gotta go buy the alchemist tomorrow.. Just finished Midnight and the meaning of Love by Sister Souljah really good

sorry for bumping the other reading thread, def didnt see this one 
grin.gif

yeah a summer reading thread would on point. hopefully this thread could last til fall or beyond

sorry for bumping the other reading thread, def didnt see this one 
grin.gif

yeah a summer reading thread would on point. hopefully this thread could last til fall or beyond

Finally finished Devil in the White City. Great piece of American history but wasn't too crazy about it. I'm reading Water for Elephants right now cause my manager let me borrow it and I'm loving it so far. I don't plan on watching the movie unless convinced otherwise.

Finally finished Devil in the White City. Great piece of American history but wasn't too crazy about it. I'm reading Water for Elephants right now cause my manager let me borrow it and I'm loving it so far. I don't plan on watching the movie unless convinced otherwise.

Originally Posted by Regal Black

how do you guys decide what books to read? I mean there's so many books out there but I'm kind of unsure of where to start.
Just pick the one with the coolest cover.

I'm reading Water for Elephants right now cause my manager let me borrow it and I'm loving it so far.
Lovvvved that novel. I wanna read her other novel eventually as well since she's such an excellent writer that puts a tonnn of effort into her work.

Originally Posted by Regal Black

how do you guys decide what books to read? I mean there's so many books out there but I'm kind of unsure of where to start.
Just pick the one with the coolest cover.

I'm reading Water for Elephants right now cause my manager let me borrow it and I'm loving it so far.
Lovvvved that novel. I wanna read her other novel eventually as well since she's such an excellent writer that puts a tonnn of effort into her work.

JohnnyRedStorm wrote:

I don't want to prejudice you, but I also loved Water for Elephants and I recently read Ape House and was kind of disappointed.  
I'm reading a friend's recommendation right now - The Post Office Girl by Stefan Sweig(sp?).  Next is another recommendation - Philadelphia Fire by John Edgar Wideman.

JohnnyRedStorm wrote:

I don't want to prejudice you, but I also loved Water for Elephants and I recently read Ape House and was kind of disappointed.  
I'm reading a friend's recommendation right now - The Post Office Girl by Stefan Sweig(sp?).  Next is another recommendation - Philadelphia Fire by John Edgar Wideman.

anyone recommend some good reads about human behavior? Love, emotions, ethics, morals etc.

Back
Top Bottom