Official NY Knicks 2021 preseason

Root against the Mavs tn fellas.

Encouraging loss (if that's possible). Excited for the next one.

Knicks have an absolutely ****in brutal stretch to end the year

Nuggets, Suns, Clippers, Lakers, and final game against Boston

Knicks have an absolutely ****in brutal stretch to end the year

Nuggets, Suns, Clippers, Lakers, and final game against Boston

that makes these next 3 even more important. They have Bulls Wednesday then a 3 day break before rockets and Grizzlies back to back.

Kind of an encouraging loss? Went step for step until the end. Sloppy second half did us in.

At least Atlanta lost, too
Yeah we played well. The team stayed together and never panicked, went punch for punch the whole way.

Maybe it’s discouraging if you see we lost to a HOFer going off and we don’t have that, so that might ultimately define our ceiling in the playoffs. But doesn’t bother me, it’s not like this is a championship or bust year.

Very realistic possibilitiy, but what yall think about if we enter next season with a lineup of

Mitch / Noel
Randle / Toppin
Derozan / Knox
RJ / Burks / Rose
Lonzo / IQ - Frank

?

Some thoughts I had from last nights loss:

• We were very competitive throughout the whole game. This was really encouraging to watch, considering we stuck around till the end against one of the better teams in the league.
  • We're still a pretty young team, with lots of inexperience closing out games.
  • Derrick Rose needs to re-sign with us. I love what he brings to the team. We haven't have a shot creator like him since Marbury.
  • As great of a year Randle is having, he's shown he can't be the #1 option for a contending team. He just doesn't have it in him yet (not sure if he ever will). He losses composure when he's doubled, and it's not like he can spot holes in the defense to make them pay for the double team.
  • We need a #1 scorer or a superstar in the WORST way possible. The Suns pretty much won the game because of CP3. He made some BIG shots at the end (scored the last 7 points to put us away).
  • We probably wouldn't have been in the hole we were in the second half if we played with a little more pace. I get that's not Thibs' style, but we need to pick it up sometimes. It's clear we're not the best half-court team, especially when the stakes are at it's highest.

Kawhi would be a PERFECT fit for us. But I don't see him leaving LA for NY, unless we manage to get him another wing player. I'd probably rather play in the East, than worry about all the competition out West.

Back
Top Bottom