Official NY Knicks 2021 preseason

No one is arguing whether or not he deserves the new deal its just a matter of when to offer it and for how much
The argument is wether he deserves a max and some say no, but with the season he’s had anything less than Max is insulting. Leaning towards we need to lock him up this summer instead of playing around with the option because it might cost us more in the long run. It’s a gamble we need to take. Plus Noah’s contract comes off the books after next season so that’s like 6mil you weren’t expecting.

Team play *
anytime a team is in the hunt for the 4th seed it’s because of team play but 99% of the time it’s one guy that’s the engine for that team, the clear cut leader. Without Randle no battle for the 4th seed would even be taken place and no Star would want to come to NY to play with RJ, IQ, Mitch, Reggie, and Burks solely.

Thibs changed the culture. Players are noticing.

Just know that if we get anyone and it actually gets to that, it's a packaged deal with someone else. I dont think we get only 1 guy.

Thibs changed the culture. Players are noticing.

Just know that if we get anyone and it actually gets to that, it's a packaged deal with someone else. I dont think we get only 1 guy.
Agreed, because he has the right players with the right mindset, can’t have no KATs or Wiggins on the team.

How would ya feel about Dinwiddie? He has a player option, recovering from an ACL injury tho.. even though it seems players recover 100% from acls now

Would signing Lowry + trading for Beal get us anywhere?
Easy pass on Lowry about to be 36 unless he signs a 1 yr deal which won’t happen. And it won’t catapult us over BK, Philly or Mil at this moment but it’s another young superstar that adds to our appeal and one step closer.

Last edited:
How would ya feel about Dinwiddie? He has a player option, recovering from an ACL injury tho.. even though it seems players recover 100% from acls now
Pretty good actually. If he isn't too expensive. We need PG depth, he's a very solid player and an upgrade over Elfrid. Gets a bit shot happy at times.

Would signing Lowry + trading for Beal get us anywhere?
Probably, but is Beal even on the market? Do we have assets to get him? I don't think it's very realistic.

We need a veteran point guard who’s a scoring threat.

Lowry might be a good fit. After last night, CP3 would be the dream, but I’m not paying him for more than two years.

I'd give Lowry a 2 year 50 mill deal (2nd year team option)

I think you'd be able to pry Beal for a package around Mitch, Quickley, Burks, Knox, and 2 FRPs.
Issue is Beal hasn't requested a trade and Wizards don't want to trade him. Our FRPs aren't that good anymore. Knox is a nothing asset. So if he comes available there are teams that would offer more (I would think).

I think there's a good chance Lavine hits free agency in 2022. That's probably our best bet to add a star.

I just dont see any other star guard being available via trade.

-Pacers wont blow it up so Brogdon not gonna be moved
-CP3 value is higher now
-Bulls recent trade means Lavine not available
-Derozan i'll pass on even though I like his playmaking

MJ, Kobe, & now Tatum have 1 thing in common & that’s elite footwork. RJ should be taking notes since he plays more under the basket than anything else.

Young bull gonna get there.

Fox for Quick, Obi, Mitch & every pick this year. Who cares about those picks though.

Isn’t Halliburton a pg? They gonna hand him the keys cuz they can afford to take time to develop in Sacktown.

Opens the door for some veteran stars looking to make a push for a ‘chip on a team friendly deal.

Beal still doesn’t address the most glaring need. Why do that to yourself?

Back
Top Bottom