Official NY Mets 2012 Thread. Time To Face The Yung God, Mets Face Harper For 3 Games.

Ike hitting 30 HR's considering how his season started, very strong finish.

Have to start somewhere when rebuilding, need some power in the outfield in the farm system

Ike hitting 30 HR's considering how his season started, very strong finish.

Have to start somewhere when rebuilding, need some power in the outfield in the farm system
At the very minimum they need a bullpen, a catcher, legit OFers, another reliable starter.

I have a feeling Wright will be gone by 2014. Too little, too late. Why would he have any faith that it won't be more of the same from this organization? He can definitely command more money as a free agent from a contender, he could practically take his pick of where he wants to play.

Reports are that the Braves would definitely be interested in Wright.

Braves farm system is always one of the best year in and year out.

You guys are in rebuild mode too.

At the very minimum they need a bullpen, a catcher, legit OFers, another reliable starter.
I have a feeling Wright will be gone by 2014. Too little, too late. Why would he have any faith that it won't be more of the same from this organization? He can definitely command more money as a free agent from a contender, he could practically take his pick of where he wants to play.

every team always needs a pen imo, its a crapshoot every off-season.

Mets need some power bats in the outfield, if they actually even spend money and and do that I could live with a possible platoon situation in either left or right?

Infield looks pretty solid except for catcher....Wright, Tejada, Ike...Murphy is alright.

David and Dickey seem to want to stay here and be a part of the solution, Mets believe in them so I don't see how how both leave.

Mets are going into next season with their young pitching staff....Neise had a good season finally....they want to keep developing those young arms, Wheeler should get some time also eventually.

You need to rebuild everything. From top to bottom, the GM has done a good job starting to clean up the mess but more needs to be done. Young OF power bats do not come cheap and IDK how Met fans see the infield as being good TBH. Ike has a lot of folks fooled. He's a platoon player who can't hit at home, look at his numbers and see he's hit the majority of his HR's in hitters parks. IMO, you should be moving him and looking for replacements at every position in the infield. Should have also traded Wright at the deadline, probably Dickey too. I would not give Wright more than 5 years and Dickey more than 2/$20mm.

Back
Top Bottom