OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

I still believe in this team. we just have play more consistent like we did the second half.

We lost back to back close games to good teams but that says more about us lacking a closer than anything. You have a top tier shooter in those situations and those are wins.

i've been really lacking confidence with thibs rotations.
he should know the pieces he's working with by now, but the team continues to defer to randle. he made a change in personnel, but his stubbornness prevails. you can't have rose sitting in the corner waiting for the ball like he's a three point shooter (this happened last night)

also, thibs relies on julius randle for everything late in the game way too much when there's other competent players like rose, for instance, to distribute the ball if necessary. when julius gets the ball it's going to be all julius. that's so predictable and other teams know this. this doesn't work most of the time

i understand this team doesnt have the talent like the bulls or nets do, but randle is barely even a #2 guy

Last edited:
thibs has no other crunch time strategy than feed randle and see what happens

easily the most annoying thing to see down the stretch because it literally never works and as soon as you recognize it’s happening, you realize the games already over

same thing with last shots at the end of quarters

I'm fine with giving the best player the chance to take the important shots.

I just wish we'd continue to run the offense instead of defaulting to Randle iso's 24' from the rim. Run a PnR, try to free up a shooter. Randle iso will always be there.

I'm fine with giving the best player the chance to take the important shots.

I just wish we'd continue to run the offense instead of defaulting to Randle iso's 24' from the rim. Run a PnR, try to free up a shooter. Randle iso will always be there.

as much as i dog Randle, he is still our best player. i don't have an issue with the best player taking the shot, but i think we need Rose to bring the ball up and set the offense. Randle is so damn careless with his handle that he lost the damn ball before even having the opportunity to jack one. i guarantee that if Thbis had one of our guards bring the ball up regularly, so Randle can get in position, we'd have a much better record on the season. too many blunders with him bringing up the ball.

don’t understand how y’all can be cool w randle taking the last shots despite everything he’s shown us in the clutch over almost two years of play

is he our best player? i guess

but we 100% have better shot takers, shot makers, and shot creators on this team and we’d be better served to have the ball in their hands w the game on the line

don’t understand how y’all can be cool w randle taking the last shots despite everything he’s shown us in the clutch over almost two years of play

is he our best player? i guess

but we 100% have better shot takers, shot makers, and shot creators on this team and we’d be better served to have the ball in their hands w the game on the line

im not saying that I necessarily want him taking the shot, but typically the best player takes the shot. Unfortunately, Randle is our best player. He was playing well (for the most part) so I didn’t mind the intention. Of course Randle is Randle so he turned it over…

Back
Top Bottom