OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

Looking at Cam's possessions last nite & seeing the 3 things he still needs to work on immediately.

a) Defense. b) Finishing at the rim. My guy seems to shy away from contact too much when driving instead of hitting his defender 1st. He's too tall for all those under the basket shots he tries to finesse all the time. Work on them shoulders, young king. c) And finally, focus on better shot mechanics consistency. Specifically just making sure his feet are set the same way every time.

Would much prefer he reach his Paul George potential to keep RJ at his natural position.

I wasnt a big fan of Cam at all coming out of college. His defense is overrated.

Couple of things I like from him so far though, are his off ball movement and basic passing.

He's smart enough to realize when to pass (he takes dumb shots with us because he knows he's on limited time). And especially, he knows when to cut. I swear he and Grimes are the only ones that move without the ball.

Weird *** team man
Thibs created this environment of “limited rotation spots” so camaraderie means ****. You got to look better one way or the other.
I wasnt a big fan of Cam at all coming out of college. His defense is overrated.

Couple of things I like from him so far though, are his off ball movement and basic passing.

He's smart enough to realize when to pass (he takes dumb shots with us because he knows he's on limited time). And especially, he knows when to cut. I swear he and Grimes are the only ones that move without the ball.
One of the main reason why Julius wasn’t doubled as much as he normally is, was because both Cam and Grimes kept their defenders away from him when they were in the court together.

What’s crazy is with normal HC would look at that as a lineup they can run against teams that go small.

Thibs don’t function like that.

Thibs tries to run the same 2k offense every game and subs the same way. how many times have we seen a player get hot and then get immediately pulled? Thibs is hell bent on following whatever minutes rotation he has in his head.

^

During the Warriors game, Thibs drew a play and Randle took a look at it. He sighed and walked away. Assistant coach Payne stopped Randle. Randle said he knew the play. He walked away from the huddle

0E6D9DA4-99B4-452B-908E-E98DBAF36CE4.gif

DD just actually 6'8 so Pat Bev IS too small to affect the middy.

Thibs & the team continue to say he kills it in practice so its no longer in doubt that Thibs is absolutely in love with Immanuel Quickley. 'Only 240 minutes' to divvy up he says & he doesn't put the best players out there for it. Or put players in positions to be successful. Kemba should really be the guard out of the rotation but that's Rose's fault now.

New GLeague career high

Soon tho.

DD just actually 6'8 so Pat Bev IS too small to affect the middy.

Thibs & the team continue to say he kills it in practice so its no longer in doubt that Thibs is absolutely in love with Immanuel Quickley. 'Only 240 minutes' to divvy up he says & he doesn't put the best players out there for it. Or put players in positions to be successful. Kemba should really be the guard out of the rotation but that's Rose's fault now.

New GLeague career high

Soon tho.

If any guards should be out of the rotation, they should be IQ and Burks, once Rose is back Kemba should find a seat too.

Both of those dudes are shoot first pass second with limited vision and passing skills.

Kemba has been sorry too, but at least dude passes the ******* ball.

Duece should be the starting 1 and Rose should be coming off the bench. Burks/IQ should ride the bench and just get minutes at the 2.

I'm all for a

Duece
RJ
Fournier
Randle
Mitch

Rose
Grimes
Cam
Obi
Simms

Sprinkle IQ Burks Noel here and there.

If any guards should be out of the rotation, they should be IQ and Burks, once Rose is back Kemba should find a seat too.

Both of those dudes are shoot first pass second with limited vision and passing skills.

Kemba has been sorry too, but at least dude passes the ****ing ball.

Duece should be the starting 1 and Rose should be coming off the bench. Burks/IQ should ride the bench and just get minutes at the 2.

I'm all for a

Duece
RJ
Fournier
Randle
Mitch

Rose
Grimes
Cam
Obi
Simms

Sprinkle IQ Burks Noel here and there.
Exactly when I see people clamoring for Brunson or Murray, when we might have that player in Duece. Those two were also later picks who got an opportunity to prove their value. The season is lost anyways let's really see what our guys can do before grabbing someone who realistically makes the team better but not championship level.

Reddish trying to get a rhythm going and Randle storms off to the bench on that timeout…

Anybody else peep?? Smh :lol:

This is gonna be one of those ugly games we win by one possession when we should win by 20+.

Back
Top Bottom