OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

Thibs said "slump" is a bad word because players can be positively impacting the game without scoring point.

If he can see that, he can see that Leader is a bad word to deacribe Randle. Although he gets numbers, dudes body language, lack of intensity and lack of self motivation or motivating others are not leader traits.

Dude came off the bench for Mitch and just snuff the life out of the second unit. He was just there, disgruntled and poor energy/body language.

**** was extra pathetic.

I honestly have no idea who the Knicks would try for at this point in the season. Didn't watch the game, but to lose to the Magic is horrible. Thibbs really needs to update his coaching style and have Randle on a short leash. I'm guessing the Kemba hype has died down. I know hindsight is 20/20 but they should've paid Lonzo Ball to orchestrate this offense.

woke up even more mad than i was last night

this team is a joke
the way this team is coached is a joke

thibs got the answer key in his hand and still failing the multiple choice test

something needs to change with this team fast, but what do ya think is the best move to make RIGHT NOW? aside from this trash starting 5 and thibs trash rotations …idk

Knicks L on my birthday. They couldn't deliver :smh:

I’m sure it’s not the first time. They threw Charles Oakley out of the garden on one of mine:ohwell:

HBD tho!

Just have to manage expectations with this team. They’re competing for a late seed the next 2-3 yrs and at least theyre watchable when not playing the Magic. The starters are actually missing Bullock and Elfrids (just this one part of his gm) defense and rebounding and the league knows how to play randle just having a big wait at the rim bc our 5s can’t score except next to the basket (aside from maybe Taj). I think Kemba and Fournier will get things together defensively eventually and just need to be more involved on offense.

The immediate move Id make is swapping one of Burks/IQ for RJ/Fournier. Thibs also has to consider just playing Randle at the 5 without another big when we have trouble scoring

Screenshot_20211118-101238_Gallery.jpg

the reality is that no matter who is on the floor, if randle is out there then he’s bound to stagger the entire flow regardless

if he doesn’t change then might as well hope for the best pick possible

rather lose every single game the rest of the year rather then get swept in the first round or lose in the play-in tournament

something needs to change with this team fast, but what do ya think is the best move to make RIGHT NOW? aside from this trash starting 5 and thibs trash rotations …idk
Rose, Quick, RJ, Randle :smh: , Mitch need to start with kemba, burks, frenchy, obi, taj/noel of the bench. Give grimes like 4-5 minutes from kemba’s, burks and fournier minutes

Our starting PF shot 11 times, and 10 were 3s. When he enters the paint, he always turns it over. We saw who he really was vs. Hawks and he will NEVER recover from that in a Knicks jersey. Get this dude up outta here.

RJ is a complimentary guy. He's not a star. He's not like that and if we are in a position to count on him as a leading scorer, then we just ain't gonna score this season

The rookies need to play. Kemba and Fournier need to figure it out (although something tells me as soon as they stop playing with Randle, they will look much better)

And one more thing.... The "Bing Bong" **** sounded wack AF from Day 1. Mad corny. Time for a soft reset....we only 15 games in. We can fix this

I don’t think we’re trading Kemba, but I wouldn’t mind scooping Wall for the low if he’s bought out. Wouldn’t be surprised if he goes to LA though.

zero chance wall gets bought out

he’s gonna collect these 90Ms over the next two years doing nothing and enjoy it

cant blame him

Rj isn’t even complimentary. He’s not a 2nd or 3rd option. We keep waiting for him to take that leap and all I hear is give it some time he’s only 21 but I just don’t think he has it in him to be an all star caliber player we are banking on him becoming.

I really don’t even think it’s fully on Randle. Sure he playing like trash, but our offense is a bunch of sideways movement and ISOs.

a lot of things wrong really... the team plays with no effort specifically the starters... the team as a whole doesnt get to the basket much and relies heavy on 3's.... and when the 3's aint falling we lost because there is no gameplan but just to chuck 3's... the ball movement was much better in the first few games i dont know what happen since then

Ben Simmons for Randle is kind of perfect.

if this is the role Thibs wants for a PF, Ben would look like a top 10 player with Randles usage.

plus Simmons defense is way better.

Back
Top Bottom