Official Oakland Athletics 2012 Season Thread (94-68) AL WEST CHAMPIONS

Anderson looked good out there after the first. It was just the Twins but if he pitches like he is capable off, that would be a HUGE boost. Offense left a lot of runners on and Drew didn't look good today. Coco continues to play well tho and Seth had a nice game back. Also, hopefully Donaldson can continue to gain some more confidence. Decent numbers from him would be huge. Norris had a RBI today but I still can't stand watching him. He just doesn't look ready. I hope Reddick can get it together soon because we will need him down the stretch. Milone needs to take care of business tomorrow before a huge series in Tampa. Lets GO!

been on vaca...cancelled return flight from lv 2x

basically broke even bettin on oak (f)

amazing how many giant "fans" there were like "huh, what happened to milky?"...even as late as last saturday...yea, i get we're all at pool parties and goin jamon at night, but dude, it was saturday...and ur wearing a sfg jersey and hat, claiming to be a fan and ur clueless...

facepalm

and cookie with 4 straight clean apps...leggo

**** you Colon.

And I don't want to see Ross start another game this year. Melvin needs to have a shorter lease on him. Anyone could have seen that inning unravel like it did. :smh:

Good win today. McCarthy up tomorrow. I'm just loving how A's baseball is nerve racking with playoff implications this late in August. Feels good. :pimp:

Win! McCarthy looked good today. 7 Innings, 7 Ks, 4 hits and 2 ERs. He also did really well under pressure in the 2nd.

The A's are half a game behind the Rays, though we still have a wild card spot. The O's are a half game behind us, but they play later today against Toronto. Hopefully the Blue Jays could do the A's a decent favor and win.

Brett Anderson goes tomorrow, and it should be a good series for the A's against the Indians.

well, weeks FINALLY saw some action yesterday
3/4 with a 2b and 2 walks hitting leadoff

green at 2b really doesnt make too much sense to me considering his measurables...i mean, he may be too stiff n **** but ur wasting him at 2b...and mind fking two of your 1st round picks

fine if you want to groom it for addison, but 2b?

Last edited:
and

Stephen Drew is basically on a six-week audition with the A's and the club won't rule out bringing him back for 2013, perhaps even by exercising their end of his $10MM option. Drew's agent Scott Boras has shown a willingness to do one-year deals to help players re-establish value and the shortstop has a strong relationship with Bob Melvin

Drew would need to perform extremely well to justify exercising that option. He better take us to the playoffs.

Tampa's got Texas. Baltimore's got the White Sox. And we got the Indians for a 4 game series. PLEASE take care of business and hopefully we can get some separation in the standings. Lets GO!

Brett looked great again, glad to see Reddick swinging better too.. :smokin

If we dont take 3 out 4 from the Injuns its a dissappointment

Was anyone else pissed when Bret lost his perfect game on that blown call? I know that he lost it a couple batters later legitimately, but still, awful call :lol:

^^^
I didn't get to see the whole, actually I only saw the bottom of the 9th, but I saw the post-game show for the highlights. I still got mad at that blown call tho. :smh:
A shut-out is a shut-out tho, and the A's have the first wildcard spot so I ain't eem mad.

emailed this to some buds today

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2012/8/25/3267677/seths-top-100

50 cole
64 addi
70 head
88 choice

169 max muncy
http://www.minorleagueball.com/2012...ax-muncy-1b-oakland-athletics-scouting-report

ynoa at vermont yesterday
1.1 ip
4h
4bb
8er
this after his best performance last week

weeks went 2/4 and is now 7/12...after watching green at 2b for his 1st three games or sac
peacock cant put it together still

and continuing the mindfuk
after gg plays 3 games at 2b while mile watched, he went to lf and dh over the weekend...

Back
Top Bottom