Official Oakland Athletics 2012 Season Thread (94-68) AL WEST CHAMPIONS

Sizemore will be going back to 2B. With Rosales and Weeks being depth. Donaldson at 3B and Drew at SS (if they can reach on a deal).

A's declined option on Drew, picked up Balfour.

Not sure how I think about it, I hope they are working on a new deal with Drew, preferrably 3-4 years.

DECLINED his option? What the hell...

I hope you're right, there better be some negotiations going on between them.

Reddick and Inge are in the final round for deciding who is going to win Gold Glove awards. I wonder who it will be that snubs Reddick.

I'm hoping they are working on a multi-year deal with Drew, 2-3 years but we will see. If not, Beane better have a back up plan because we got no one to play at SS, unless they try to put Grant Green there again :x.

Colon is back for $3 mil base salary, and I'm perfectly OK with that. I really hope McCarthy comes back, and I think he will too.

Oriole fan checking in. I can't argue Melvin getting AL manager of the year. He did a phenomenal job. Congrats to him. Look forward to seeing the As doing well in the years ahead...

Oriole fan checking in. I can't argue Melvin getting AL manager of the year. He did a phenomenal job. Congrats to him. Look forward to seeing the As doing well in the years ahead...

Respect. I expected Buck to get it but I'm glad Bob did. Couldn't really go wrong either way, both deserved it.

Gomes gone to boston, 2 years/$10m. Sad to see him go, but glad to see him make that money.

A's have been linked to Asdrubal Cabrera. I don't know how much it would take to get him, but I'd be willing to make a package around Milone, if it didn't include Addison Russell.

Am I the only one that wants another option at catcher?

Asdrubal would be a great option at SS, though I wonder if we hold back given Russell's quick rise through our farm system. Would it make sense to trade away anything better than a Milone-type player for ~two years of SS play, if that? I don't know.

And yeah, I'd like to see some more options at catcher. Maybe Daric's punk-*** can learn to play behind the plate.

He plays for the Japanese Detroit Tigers :lol:

I don't anything about him, but I'm reading grumblings about his ability to transition to the MLB level.

Back
Top Bottom