Official Oakland Athletics 2012 Season Thread (94-68) AL WEST CHAMPIONS

Game was sooo much fun. I got to the game a bit late so I didn't get to see Coco's catch live, but when Doolittle had those 3k's and Seth Smith hit that HR the crowd was rockin. Can't wait for tomorrow. :D

Just came back from the game, crowd was electric.

I was at game 2 of the ALCS when they last played the Tigers and I don't remember it being this live, at all.

Can't make this stuff up. :pimp:

Can't wait to see what comes to be tomorrow. Could have ALCS determined tomorrow. I personally want the Yankees. Either way, gotta take care of business tomorrow.

Coco has been huge since that bobble. :pimp:

Just simple one of the best games I have even been to. Simply amazing. WOW.

Plus a little something for everyone :pimp: ...

un-freaking-believable...

So juiced i got tickets tomorrow, wearing the exact same thing I wore when we won Tuesday

Wearing my throwback Philly A's hat tomorrow, it's been my lucky hat all season and I made the mistake of wearing my Raiders hat all day until halfway through tonight's game and switching to the Philly A's cap. I'm a little tipsy right now but man what an amazing game. So hype.

Just got home. Best game I ever been to. :smokin :smokin

I need to start looking for ticket for tomorrow.

Just got home. Best game I ever been to. :smokin :smokin

I need to start looking for ticket for tomorrow.

Tickets are expensive. I tried buying some through stubhub, but they are started selling fast as soon as the A's one. Being at the game, I had to use my phone. It was all bad. I'm just hold off and buy some WS tickets as soon as they go on sale.

Would love to be at tonight's game. Not a huge baseball fan, but the energy out their has to be electric. Tonight will be one to remember.

Good season but very disappointing end. I'm not ready to talk about the offseason yet but one thing is for sure, this defense needs to improve. They are pretty damn bad and we can't afford that with the type of pitchers we have.

Good season A's fans, its been a memorable ride for a team that was supposed to finish last in the division! We need better hitting next year, way too many strike outs. Drew and especially Norris just killed us tonight. Why no Kotteras, a left handed bat over a rookie C?!

Very disappointing ending to the season. No matter what though, I will continue to cheer for this team. We had an amazing season. There were so many highs and lows, and no one expected them to do this well. It made it that much sweater.

My personal favorite games that I attended this year were when the A's played the Dodgers and Cespedes hit a walk-off HR. When the A's beat the Orioles during fire works night. The game before they clinched the West, and the first two ALDS games.

I greatly appreciated all of the discussion you guys put in this thread, it def made following the A's easier. You guys were great.

One thing that did irk me was the amount of bandwagon fans. I suppose that is expected when the team is winning, but how are you going to leave so early into game 5? I am lightweight buzzed (I saw the game at a bar) and I could go on and on, but it's nothing but love for the A's.

^u always gona find bandwagon fans in the bay area.. same thing happened when the giants won in 2010. suddenly everyone has giants gear on... they miss the playoffs in 2011 and suddenly all these fans **** and are nowhere to be found. they're back strong this year and here they are

this was a pleasantly surprising season. everyone had the a's losing 100 games esp after gio went to washington. 

i caught one of the come back games against the red sox during fireworks night a few months back. good to see the oakland coliseum full again. (i'm a giants fan)

Man, I am truly sad to see the A's season end. Not because I wanted a Bay Bridge Series, which would've been fun, but because this team had such an amazing story despite getting east coast shafted. I like rooting for the underdog but in a way I want the Yanks to pound Baltimore and end their run. Forget what ESPN says A's fans, YOU GUYS had the most amazing feel good story of the year. I hope the FO can keep this going into the future.

We'll have our time in the sun someday, guys. Maybe when MLB settles our stadium issue this offseason.

the A's werent even supposed to be contending this year. were picked to finish last in their division. they had a great season.. they will be contending with that young pitching staff.. if they dont get traded off like they always do

I can't even be mad, I had so much fun this season. Build on it next year, guys. :smokin

I'm going to try to wait until playoffs are finished to start talking about the offseason. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom