Official Oklahoma City Thunder OFFSEASON 2013-2014 Thread **NEW TEAM,

Nobody is taking that contract until at the earliest after next season when he becomes a major expirer, just enough time to groom Adams

I think it's the coaching, not perk. Perk is what he is and we can definitely use that (or something like him). His toughness, defense. If we could replace him with something better, great.

I wish JKidd was around when Carlesimo was fired from OKC. Wtf :smh:

I like his athleticism and size. Of course he is raw as he picked up basketball late, but that's fine since he'll spend much of the yr in Tulsa anyways

He's already a good defender and rebounder.. If you think about what we ask of our center(s), Adams has a chance to excel

I hoped aldrich would be at least to fill the role, since it's what he did at Kansas.. Play defense, set screens and finish stuff in the paint.. But he couldn't

Hopefully Adams can.. Has far superior ability and is ligit 7 feet... At least he should be good with defense and boards.. Hopefully he can actually catch and dunk the stuff perk and sometimes ibaka struggle with

And with the last 2 picks, I would have preferred we went gobert and withey.. One of the 3 has to pan out, right!?

soooooooooooooooooooooooooo ummmmmm, do you guys think the suns would do:

1st round pick (ours in 2014 or 15.. maybe both), PJ3 and perkins FOR gortat

Nobody is taking Perkins until maybe next yr when his contract becomes an expirer IMO. And we aren't about land Wright or any other promonent FA offering them the vet minimum and 2 yrs at the most. We might as well get ready for some more scrap heap FA pickups, probably just grab Ivey back

^ they really would be doing it for PJ3 and whatever draft picks we throw in.. and they arent going anywhere fast, so they take the hit of perkins' contract

being realistic, our starting 5 is set.. then our next couple guys off the bench: reggie, collison and lamb.. then comes guys like PJ3, thabeet and whoever else.. so it's not like we need impact guys to come in, just guys for certain spots (why wright made sense, since he's a 3 and d guy)

soooooooooooooooooooooooooo ummmmmm, do you guys think the suns would do:

1st round pick (ours in 2014 or 15.. maybe both), PJ3 and perkins FOR gortat
Why would they move Gortat for a d-league prospect? A dude who was nearly a 2nd rounder?

Gortat is 11/8 & 1.5 blocks per game at one of the league's weakest positions. They can certainly do better than moving him for a d-league guy.

Last edited:
Ugh_

We just need to come to terms that Perk will be on the squad until he expires.

:smh:

On a positive note:

What are your thoughts about the guys that the Thunder drafted?

“I love them. I think they got great potential. You can just see the upside in them. We gonna develop 'em, and they're going to come to our program, and they know it's one way how we do it, and that's just work hard, put our hard hats on, and sooner or later, they gone get the picture and learn. We just see everybody improving, you know, I was watching a play yesterday from Jeremy Lamb. He's improved a ton. I mean he's shooting the 3-ball like no other, so I'm planning on trying to go on down to Summer League for a day or two to watch them play. But I'm excited. The youth that we got in, you know, even the young guys that we got now better, so I'm waiting to just lead them and go forward.”

http://newsok.com/article/3858893

Julius F. Wrek

Why would they move Gortat for a d-league prospect? A dude who was nearly a 2nd rounder?

Gortat is 11/8 & 1.5 blocks per game at one of the league's weakest positions. They can certainly do better than moving him for a d-league guy.
take a flyer on PJ3 and draft picks for a guy who wants to get out of there and only has a year remaining on his deal.. just a thought

so what do you guys think happens with thabo, since he's on the last year of his deal?

if reggie does well in the main 6th man role.. i could see us starting lamb and then continue to use reggie as the main 6th man and backup PG, unless liggins develops..

dont see thabo coming back for as cheap as his current deal is/was

Hey_

so what do you guys think happens with thabo, since he's on the last year of his deal?

if reggie does well in the main 6th man role.. i could see us starting lamb and then continue to use reggie as the main 6th man and backup PG, unless liggins develops..

dont see thabo coming back for as cheap as his current deal is/was

Not all that sure what happens with Thabo, I thought his deal was expiring next year along with Perkins though.

My guess maybe he walks for nothing, or at the absolute most an s&t.

When I saw that they drafted Roberson, I immediately thought of him replacing Thabo.

Julius F. Wrek

Roberson probably replaces Thabo, but he can't shoot 3 yet. Thabo expires after this season, Perkins has 2 seasons (18.6mil) left.

Hey_

Roberson probably replaces Thabo, but he can't shoot 3 yet. Thabo expires after this season, Perkins has 2 seasons (18.6mil) left.

Ah ok.

Yeah, I can see Roberson replacing Thabo. More of a threat off the dribble, although that ain't sayin' much.

Thabo couldn't shoot all that well before arrived, so I expect Roberson to improve a bit.

Doesn't OKC still have the rights to Hollis Thompson?

Julius F. Wrek

i was thinking roberson was coming in more as a SF.. and play a little PF in small lineups (even though we do have PJ3, i guess the two could be interchangeable at the 3/4 in some lineups)

i figured it would come down to how well reggie did as the main 6th man.. since he could play with westbrook and without as the backup PG..

so IF thabo left AND reggie did well in the above mentioned role.. then lamb could slide in as the starter.. and basically westbrook, reggie and lamb would all be able to get their fair share of mins in various lineups

i still think we need a 3 point shooter for the bench though.. since lamb looks like our only shooter off the bench.. maybe the guy out of arizona as a stretch 4

Last edited:
Commemorative summer league apparel we'll see on Sunday paying homage to Tornado victims. I'm hoping this is just the shooting shirt though and we're not going another sleeved jersey thing

View media item 482637

Hey_

Is it possible to watch the Orlando Summer League in person?

I'd make that 3 hour ride.

Julius F. Wrek

Ugh_

No PJIII for Summer League.

:smh:

Thought I was gonna have something to look forward to.

Julius F. Wrek

Hey_

I know this is SL,

but Adams is already better than Kendrick Perkins/Cole Aldrich.

Julius F. Wrek

Y'all are going to be exceptional next year, championship once y'all rid yourselves of Brooks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom