Official Palm Pre Thread

what it sounds like, you get email in real time (it gets pushed to your phone) unlike other phones that fetch it after a certain amount of time (like say,every 15 minutes your phone will refresh the mail app to look for any new email). the pre has free push gmail.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

what it sounds like, you get email in real time (it gets pushed to your phone) unlike other phones that fetch it after a certain amount of time (like say, every 15 minutes your phone will refresh the mail app to look for any new email). the pre has free push gmail.

Exactly it! Without getting the PUSH on the BB, its pointless, IMHO.

yes, which is what i said. on non-push email phones, u can go into the mail app and refresh it yourself and get it. but who's going to do that every 10seconds? most have it set for a certain amount of time. BB charges u 30 dollars to get push email, palm pre does it free for gmail.com if you REALLY need emailASAP, then yeah, get a BB..if not, you're just throwing away 30 dollars.

Yeah, mail is not that serious if you just cant hit a refresh button.

or just automatically set it to update every 5 mins or so,

depends how often u want it to fetch. i have mine every hour, emails i get aren't important enough to check every 15 minutes or pay for push.

then i don't see why you need a BB

2lctxyt.jpg

Man this phone is amazing. I haven't really had a "new" phone since like 06 tho lol.

I've had the palm treo 700p and 755 forever and the program they run is ancient!

Does anyone know how to change the alert or text message ringtone?

Also is there a way you can have a light blink or anything to let you know you have a message?

I mean it rings but the screen stays black until i check it and it doesn't have any reminders....

Originally Posted by CWrite78

depends how often u want it to fetch. i have mine every hour, emails i get aren't important enough to check every 15 minutes or pay for push.

then i don't see why you need a BB

Cause tired of windows.

i like smartphones.... internet, my email, instant messaging.

i said 30 bucks for push mail isnt a neessity for me if all it does is send my email intantly, i can just hit send/receive and get the same results.
or does blackberries not have send/receive?

I get push email on mine phone without having to get the blackberry package....i'm paying 38 a month 1000 anytime min, 1000 text, unlimited internet....ifyou are not under contract with sprint you can call them up say you want to cancel and they will knock 10 off the price....if you havent already done so youshould give it a try

Originally Posted by MikeyFresh21

2lctxyt.jpg

Man this phone is amazing. I haven't really had a "new" phone since like 06 tho lol.

I've had the palm treo 700p and 755 forever and the program they run is ancient!

Does anyone know how to change the alert or text message ringtone?

Also is there a way you can have a light blink or anything to let you know you have a message?

I mean it rings but the screen stays black until i check it and it doesn't have any reminders....

1- as of right now theres no way to change the ringtones for text/email/or any other notifications..im sure they gonna have to update this soon.
2- go to messages and on the upper right corner click on messaging/ then on preferences, choose the option to notify, it will show on the screen whenever u geta new text message or instant message..u can do the same for emails.

sorry for the crappy pics (taken with the palm pro) bestbuy didnt come thru they only got 10 out of the 15 they were supposed to w.e. i stopped by radioshackand with my luck there was only 1 left.
so far i have no complaints about it..still getting familiar with the phone..both my bros have iphone 3g and one of them u just can see the hate in his eyes(
nerd.gif
i know u lookin)
some things can be improved and i dont doubt they will soon, just gotta give it time..but overall im happy with my phone

Originally Posted by Air273

I get push email on mine phone without having to get the blackberry package....i'm paying 38 a month 1000 anytime min, 1000 text, unlimited internet....if you are not under contract with sprint you can call them up say you want to cancel and they will knock 10 off the price....if you havent already done so you should give it a try

I would be over that in a week lol.

I dont believe you can have a blackberry without the blackberry service. You can find out more in the blackberry thread.

I'm going to close this thread in hopes that someone has already started a new thread or will start a new thread. If that person doesn't keep the firstpost up to date with reviews, pics, etc., I'll do my best to do it.

Back
Top Bottom