Official Palm Pre Thread

Yall dudes getting rid of your Touch Pros. How much yall want? I need another one because this one won't let me internet share with Wmfifrouter orWalkinghotspot. It literally works like 1 out of every 100 times, even though I do everything right and the exact same way every time.

19pc8g.jpg

went to sprint kiosk in mall. they said they opened up at 8 instead of 10 and they only had 8 palms left. Someone told then that the bestbuy only got 4 ofthem. dope so far only bad thing i noticed is that the phone runs hot. Warms up after a while of playing with it

Not bad its like on the back where the palm logo is. Also dailymotion site works but videos dont play. Do they have a mobile site?

forgot to mention that i called and told them i started at jp morgan chase 3 weeks ago so they giving me a 27% discount on my plan before taxes.

The keyboard is a little small for my liking as well and have to get used to it

also charger is kind of wack its like this tube that u gotta plug into outlet then plug usb into that, then into phone

Originally Posted by dunkairs

Not bad its like on the back where the palm logo is. Also dailymotion site works but videos dont play. Do they have a mobile site?

forgot to mention that i called and told them i started at jp morgan chase 3 weeks ago so they giving me a 27% discount on my plan before taxes.

The keyboard is a little small for my liking as well and have to get used to it

also charger is kind of wack its like this tube that u gotta plug into outlet then plug usb into that, then into phone

Ahh the charger is a port of some sort? Wonder if a OEM will work on these for travel. Also, I feared the small keyboard. None the less, are you happy withyour purchase? What did you give up to get this? Last, how's the screen? Are there any dead pixels?

screen is crisp just watched jonas brothers beyonce video. Picture was nice on palm very very clear. Wuts up with that video though. No dead pixels on mine.Forgot to mention that where i got mine they are charging 55 bucks if u return phone and dont like it, not sure if all places are doing this. So far i lovephone not to many apps yet just weather, fandango, pandora, ny times and some other stupid ones. this is like a high end i phone with some more features thenthe iphone that is out now

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

^ can you go to flv video sites like dailymotion.com with it?

They've said that flash videos wont work when the pre is released (today) but theyre going to be able to.

Yea they said no flash videos and right now it doesnt record any video but they gonna do an over the air update within the first month i want to say.

picked up my Pre this morning

the Touchstone is
pimp.gif
i also like the back cover it comes with more its not glossy and doesnt get dirty with smudge marks

Originally Posted by dunkairs

screen is crisp just watched jonas brothers beyonce video. Picture was nice on palm very very clear. Wuts up with that video though. No dead pixels on mine. Forgot to mention that where i got mine they are charging 55 bucks if u return phone and dont like it, not sure if all places are doing this. So far i love phone not to many apps yet just weather, fandango, pandora, ny times and some other stupid ones. this is like a high end i phone with some more features then the iphone that is out now

Great on the screen. On some other forums, some members have expressed issues with dead pixels or screen leakage. I guess this could happen with any new phonethough.

Originally Posted by Ghost703

the Touchstone is
pimp.gif
i also like the back cover it comes with more its not glossy and doesnt get dirty with smudge marks

Yea im a fan of that matte finished back instead of the regular back as well. Cant wait to pick mine up.

Originally Posted by CJDynasty

Originally Posted by Ghost703

the Touchstone is
pimp.gif

Yea im a fan of that matte finished back instead of the regular back as well. Cant wait to pick mine up.

We're going to need some in depth reviews.

the back of my pre is glossy. Did u guys pick up the docking station? Is that why because i hear u have to change back of phone if u using docking station

Just picked mine up. Haven't had much time to play with it yet, but so far it's very nice. The store I went to got 30, there were 2 left after mine.

Originally Posted by phaze1123

Just picked mine up. Haven't had much time to play with it yet, but so far it's very nice. The store I went to got 30, there were 2 left after mine.

How's the screen? PLEASE EVERYONE THAT HAVE BOUGHT THE PHONE TALK ABOUT THE SCREEN AND IF YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES WITH DEAD PIXELS AND SCREEN LEAKS. This isbecoming an increasing problem on the other forums.

I went to Sprint today to order the Palm Pre. And they told me that I cant order it because my plan isnt simply everything. I've been on this Fair andFlexible Famliy plan for like 5 years I only pay $180 a month for 4 phones. I do NOT want to change my plan. On my current phone (Touch Pro) I already haveunlimited messaging, unlimited data, and unlimited internet, I have EVERYTHING the Simply Everything plan has but because my plan is considered "old"they refuse to let me upgrade. Anyone have any info on how to bypass this BS?

-The Juice

my dad picked one up today, it's awesome. we walked in and got it with no problem. im honestly thinking of letting go of my iphone for it (mainly becausesprint > att in my area)

I see what you guys are saying about the 8 Gigs but the whole point of a memory card for me is so that when I take inappropiate pics, and I do, and if someoneborrows my phone I can just pop out the card and hand it over. I dont want to hand the phone to some religious person and scare the be-jesus out of them. Imstill thinking though. Thanks.

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

I went to Sprint today to order the Palm Pre. And they told me that I cant order it because my plan isnt simply everything. I've been on this Fair and Flexible Famliy plan for like 5 years I only pay $180 a month for 4 phones. I do NOT want to change my plan. On my current phone (Touch Pro) I already have unlimited messaging, unlimited data, and unlimited internet, I have EVERYTHING the Simply Everything plan has but because my plan is considered "old" they refuse to let me upgrade. Anyone have any info on how to bypass this BS?

-The Juice
If you want the Pre, then you have to get the simply everything plan.

Just curious, why is it "BS" since you've to change your plan to get the Pre? What if you wanted an iPhone, wouldn't you have to get therequired plan for it?

Back
Top Bottom