Official PC thread.

Yea pretty much can't use any standard Radeon card in my box. Sidenote, my card arrives today!!! Super pumped.

Seriously though, no one is on FF XIV?? Having a ton of fun on it..

Yea pretty much can't use any standard Radeon card in my box. Sidenote, my card arrives today!!! Super pumped.

Seriously though, no one is on FF XIV?? Having a ton of fun on it..
Due to my case I will go Nvidia till AMD makes smaller cards from now on. That game is bugged with servers issues but on the real drop character name and I will see you next payday

Last edited:
Yea a ton of prelaunch server issues...it seem's to be getting better, but the official launch is today, so who knows. BUT, when you're actually in and playing...best MMO i've played in quite a while.

sidenote, will pushing my ram up to 16GB from 8GB be that much of a performance increase (especially in regards to gaming)?

Fire could send memory prices soaring

A massive fire on Wednesday at a factory in Wuxi, China owned by Korea’s SK Hynix could send flash memory and random-access memory (RAM) prices soaring. Hynix is the world’s second largest memory manufacturer.

According to early reports on Chinese technology news websites and blogs, the fire has forced SK Hynix to suspend all operations at the facility.

Bloomberg reports that the company is still ascertaining if there were any casualties and investigating the cause of the fire. According to the news wire, the fire started at 3.50pm local time.

“Hynix has a 25% global market share in DDR and flash memory,” says David Kan, CEO of JSE-listed computer assembler and technology distributor Mustek.

“At this stage, we don’t know how big the impact will be, but all [memory] suppliers have stopped quoting prices,” Kan says. “We will have a better update and more information in next couple of days.”

He says that, similar to the floods in Thailand in 2011 that had a huge knock-on effect on the price of computer hard drives and their availability, the incident at the SK Hynix factory “could impact the DDR and flash memory market just as significantly”.

hynix-fire.jpg

http://www.techcentral.co.za/hynix-fire-could-send-memory-prices-soaring/43418/

If you have SSD's or RAM on your shopping list then Buy them Now!!!

Last edited:
Forgot to update.

They said the part of the factory that manufacture the RAM and SSD's were not burnt down so crisis averted.
Production should resume soon.

So I just installed this font right now, and for some reason I think it got set as my default .. All I did was drag and drop to the font folder.

It's not all sites. But places like Yahoo, IGN, Hypebeast seems to have switched to this font. I can't delete it, because it says it's in use.

I've tried Personalization > Windows Color > Advanced, but the font selector is grayed out (so I can't change it).

Any ideas?

You think it's terrible?

You would be correct.. I dislike it.

I don't know why I haven't went back to Windows 7 yet 
mean.gif

I am running windows vista on my PC at work and its running BEYOND slow. I always try "disk clean up" and get rid of things i don't need but its still slow. can anyone recommend any programs to help it run faster ? or what else i could do to help it ?

thanks

do any of you use windows 8? i think its terrible

http://www.startisback.com/

I am running windows vista on my PC at work and its running BEYOND slow. I always try "disk clean up" and get rid of things i don't need but its still slow. can anyone recommend any programs to help it run faster ? or what else i could do to help it ?

thanks

run disk defragmenter
stop crap you dont need at boot up from starting automatically in msconfig
get ccleaner
:\

http://www.startisback.com/

thanks

run disk defragmenter
stop crap you dont need at boot up from starting automatically in msconfig
get ccleaner
:\

thanks man, will try that out tomorrow at work..

*raises hand*

Hated the lack of a start button at first (and how you can't just press "Alt+F4" to shut down the pc), but eventually I just got used to it and quit giving a damn about it. :lol:

I know Windows 8 is more mobile oriented, but I really don't use the Metro apps (even on my convertible ultrabook) . Why even bother if you have the desktop / full-featured apps at your fingertips? :\ Even more useless on the desktop rig.

Last edited:
Windows 8.1 is up...

Start button is back :smokin but used to using the Windows key at this point... so a bit useless. :lol:

Other than that, it's basically good. No issues so far.

meh.
aint going through the hassle of updating just to end up having to do a fresh install after the update messes my programs up just for a half assed start button and integrated bing search.

glad you like it tho.

Well, it wasn't really any hassle for me. Got the update installed in less than 15 minutes. Programs work fine, too.

Back
Top Bottom