Official PC thread.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

^^you a student?
I got mine for free through MSDNAA

and that laptop looks fine to me bro. Maybe someone else that knows more about mobile gaming can shed more light on it
Nah, I'm not a student.

^^you a student?

and that laptop looks fine to me bro. Maybe someone else that knows more about mobile gaming can shed more light on it
Nah, I'm not a student.

^^you a student?

Thanks for putting that idea in my head. My wife is a student so I was able to get Windows 7 64 bit professional for $65.

^^you a student?

Thanks for putting that idea in my head. My wife is a student so I was able to get Windows 7 64 bit professional for $65.

What do you guys think of the Envy 14, Samsung 9 series and Sony Z series? I'm looking to buy one of these if Apple doesn't put bluray and/or sandbridge on the 2011 mbp
I hear the HPevny14 is a monster
pimp.gif
but that new Samsung is so damn nice
which one of the 3 can I expect me to last the longest? I've never owned an hp product
ohwell.gif
I take good care of things, though.

What do you guys think of the Envy 14, Samsung 9 series and Sony Z series? I'm looking to buy one of these if Apple doesn't put bluray and/or sandbridge on the 2011 mbp
I hear the HPevny14 is a monster
pimp.gif
but that new Samsung is so damn nice
which one of the 3 can I expect me to last the longest? I've never owned an hp product
ohwell.gif
I take good care of things, though.

Just built my 1st PC System..nothing too high end, just something to listen to music and movies, and a little bit of gaming:

9gdidj.jpg
(SSD hd not included in the pic, just installed it today)

The specs: (dont mind the wire mess..it will be cleaned up
laugh.gif
)

Intel Core i5 2400 LGA 1155 Boxed Processor -$130
Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2 LGA1156 H55 mATX Motherboard - $100
HIS H575FN1GD Radeon HD 5750 iCooler IV 1024MB GDDR5 PCIe 2.1 x16 Video Card - got it for a steal for $30
devil.gif

1GB 7200 RPM Caviar Black -$40
64GB SATA II 3.0Gb/s 2.5" G2 Series Solid State Drive (SSD) With SandForce 1222 Controller - $50
Gigabyte GZ-X2 Black Mid Tower - $30
4gb CRUCIAL DDR3 RAM -$30
24x LG dvd burner- $5

not bad for $415 ..looking forward to building better PC's in the near future. just wanted to share. Took me about a month to scavenger parts and pieces, but it was all worth it in the end

oh yeah the monitor is money too! 24" Dell ST2410 for $50..also got it at microcenter
laugh.gif

nvw652.jpg

2jfyjok.jpg

OS is Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Just built my 1st PC System..nothing too high end, just something to listen to music and movies, and a little bit of gaming:

9gdidj.jpg
(SSD hd not included in the pic, just installed it today)

The specs: (dont mind the wire mess..it will be cleaned up
laugh.gif
)

Intel Core i5 2400 LGA 1155 Boxed Processor -$130
Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2 LGA1156 H55 mATX Motherboard - $100
HIS H575FN1GD Radeon HD 5750 iCooler IV 1024MB GDDR5 PCIe 2.1 x16 Video Card - got it for a steal for $30
devil.gif

1GB 7200 RPM Caviar Black -$40
64GB SATA II 3.0Gb/s 2.5" G2 Series Solid State Drive (SSD) With SandForce 1222 Controller - $50
Gigabyte GZ-X2 Black Mid Tower - $30
4gb CRUCIAL DDR3 RAM -$30
24x LG dvd burner- $5

not bad for $415 ..looking forward to building better PC's in the near future. just wanted to share. Took me about a month to scavenger parts and pieces, but it was all worth it in the end

oh yeah the monitor is money too! 24" Dell ST2410 for $50..also got it at microcenter
laugh.gif

nvw652.jpg

2jfyjok.jpg

OS is Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

What does everyone use to kill Malware, Spyware, and VIruses? I want my PC to run as smoothly as it did when I first got it. Is that even possible?

What does everyone use to kill Malware, Spyware, and VIruses? I want my PC to run as smoothly as it did when I first got it. Is that even possible?

micorsoft security essentials + malware bytes are what i use.

Originally Posted by juggy4805

I'm doing my first build. It will mostly be used for video/photo editing and a little gaming. So far I have purchased:

Case: Cooler Master HAF 912
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus
PSU: Corsair TX650
OS Drive: Seagate 7200rpm 500gb SATA drive
ODD: LG DVD drive
rosewill card reader
RAM: Wintec 4gb(2 X 2gb) DDR3 1333

I was saving up to get the I5 2500k(Sandy Bridge) with new motherboard but after the recall I think I'm settling on the I5 760. Video card will be a Radeon 5770.

Is there a way to get Windows 7 64bit for less than $130. I really hate I have to buy an OS.

http://www.amazon.com/Win...F8&qid=1297655705&sr=8-1

micorsoft security essentials + malware bytes are what i use.

Originally Posted by juggy4805

I'm doing my first build. It will mostly be used for video/photo editing and a little gaming. So far I have purchased:

Case: Cooler Master HAF 912
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus
PSU: Corsair TX650
OS Drive: Seagate 7200rpm 500gb SATA drive
ODD: LG DVD drive
rosewill card reader
RAM: Wintec 4gb(2 X 2gb) DDR3 1333

I was saving up to get the I5 2500k(Sandy Bridge) with new motherboard but after the recall I think I'm settling on the I5 760. Video card will be a Radeon 5770.

Is there a way to get Windows 7 64bit for less than $130. I really hate I have to buy an OS.

http://www.amazon.com/Win...F8&qid=1297655705&sr=8-1

I use Kaspersky + malware bytes but thinking about switching to G Data.

I think you'd be able to appreciate more ram using your computer for video/photo editing juggy. If you can afford it I'd say look into 2 x 4gb kits.

I use Kaspersky + malware bytes but thinking about switching to G Data.

I think you'd be able to appreciate more ram using your computer for video/photo editing juggy. If you can afford it I'd say look into 2 x 4gb kits.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Depends, but it is possible. It's not so much the malware, spyware, etc that slows down your computer. Not sayin that those don't hurt your computer but you also gotta look into things like, the amount of things downloaded on your computer, processes running in the background, if your hdd is defragmented or not, etc.  It's not hard to keep your computer runnin just as the day it was pulled out of the box, it just takes time to do the little things to keep it runnin smoothly

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Depends, but it is possible. It's not so much the malware, spyware, etc that slows down your computer. Not sayin that those don't hurt your computer but you also gotta look into things like, the amount of things downloaded on your computer, processes running in the background, if your hdd is defragmented or not, etc.  It's not hard to keep your computer runnin just as the day it was pulled out of the box, it just takes time to do the little things to keep it runnin smoothly

Just got a 5850 for free
pimp.gif

I still cant decide what platform I should be build. Where would you guys go if you were building a setup right now? I was think 1156 but its a dead socket..still the performance it would give me would be adequate for some time. Some X6 peeps are having issues with their boards catching fire so thats a no go. The cheapest 1366 cpu is $290
grin.gif

Just got a 5850 for free
pimp.gif

I still cant decide what platform I should be build. Where would you guys go if you were building a setup right now? I was think 1156 but its a dead socket..still the performance it would give me would be adequate for some time. Some X6 peeps are having issues with their boards catching fire so thats a no go. The cheapest 1366 cpu is $290
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

What monitors are ya'll using? I have my eyes on the 23.6 in asus. Seems decent enough.

I'm still using an old school full tower cheiftec case which I think I'll keep. Thinking about cutting two 120mm fan holes at the top.

27" Samsung

What monitors are ya'll using? I have my eyes on the 23.6 in asus. Seems decent enough.

I'm still using an old school full tower cheiftec case which I think I'll keep. Thinking about cutting two 120mm fan holes at the top.

27" Samsung

Just got a 5850 for free
pimp.gif

grin.gif
damn lucky how'd you get it? i wish i had another one for crossfire

Back
Top Bottom