Official PC thread.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

I had an mx518, but it was too big and Im a fingertip grip player. Also, I highly recommend cherry mx brown keyboards for gaming, they are godly.
man, I been through g12, razer keybaords and mouse, steelseries, you name it. This set up I have is the one I feel most comfortable. Im also using a Razer Vespula dual sided mat for my mouse. I'll post a pic soon.
[h1]
[/h1]

I have some cheap rocketfish dual sided mousepad. And cherry switches feel great, give them a try sometime. They are also built like tanks. You'll deff get your money's worth.

Always wanted a filco tenkeyless mx brown keyboard but ever since that one korean dude won a huge sc2 tourney with one they have been sold out almost everywhere.

I have some cheap rocketfish dual sided mousepad. And cherry switches feel great, give them a try sometime. They are also built like tanks. You'll deff get your money's worth.

Always wanted a filco tenkeyless mx brown keyboard but ever since that one korean dude won a huge sc2 tourney with one they have been sold out almost everywhere.

Have you tried the ratzpad?

Also for your HD, samsung spinpoint f3 1tb

Hmm you're not the first person to recommend this to me. I guess I see samsung and become hesitant.

Have you tried the ratzpad?

Also for your HD, samsung spinpoint f3 1tb

Hmm you're not the first person to recommend this to me. I guess I see samsung and become hesitant.

Its a real bang for yOur buck purchase. Wd has better warranty but they are more expensive and slightly slower. Only thing samsung I'd stay away from are their phones.

Its a real bang for yOur buck purchase. Wd has better warranty but they are more expensive and slightly slower. Only thing samsung I'd stay away from are their phones.

Anyone know if crysis 2 PC can play against 360 players? I saw crysis 2 is "games for windows"

Anyone know if crysis 2 PC can play against 360 players? I saw crysis 2 is "games for windows"

Originally Posted by wrod7

nope you cant just like other games for windows games

Originally Posted by wrod7

nope you cant just like other games for windows games

Am I the only one excited about BF3?

[h1]Battlefield 3: New Details And What We Got Right And Wrong[/h1]

[h4]Details from Game Informer, and empirical evidence of how close our speculation from last year is.[/h4]

By Thierry Nguyen
Posted: 02/15/2011
Thanks to Game Informer, we finally have some concrete details on Battlefield 3. Quietly announced via a beta offer for people who snagged Medal of Honor last year, the fine fellows at DICE have just-as-quietly been banging on the title until Game Informer's cover story. While actual details are still a bit scant (since it's still a reveal/first look) there's enough for us to reflect on the predictions and speculations we made last year.
I still consider Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 2 some of the finest multiplayer shooters in recent (read: after the year 2000) history, and as much as I like Battlefield: Bad Company 2, it's not quite the same. Sure, BC2 looks great and features awesome destructibility, but it also doesn't quite have the scale and sheer chaos that the original Battlefield games featured. So it's good to be hearing stuff like how in addition to the improved destruction, that the player count and the vehicles will be more like Battlefield 2 rather than Bad Company 2. Here's a quick rundown of what we have right and wrong.
[h3]What We Got Right[/h3]
More players: So it looks like that BF3 will have 64-player support -- for the PC version. Executive producer Patrick Bach tells Game Informer, "We won't make it for console and port it to PC -- that's not how we do things. We're focusing on PC first, and then we fiddle with it to fit it onto consoles." For now, it looks like the console versions are still stuck with the 24-player limit, but it's relieving to hear that the PC version will still have some crazy firefights.

More real estate: Much isn't detailed about the actual size of the maps compared to Bad Company 2, but Bach does tell Game Informer that the team will be building bigger maps. This is in direct response to the next point...

More vehicles: Jets are coming back! Not much has been revealed about the entire vehicle arsenal, but it's nice to know that air support is more than just the ubiquitous helicopter. Hints about full military engagements on the ground imply heavy armor, and I wouldn't be surprised if, in addition to jets, that the team adds naval units as well. Let's hope that since jets are coming back, that the developers will remember to tune the balance properly and make anti-air equipment a bit more viable. As much as I love BF2, it did get frustrating to be stuck with a painfully slow AA gun while a jet jockey flew around the map and dominated from above.

Look! A jet! Take this old BF2 screen and spruce it up for modern systems to imagine what BF3 looks like.
[h3]What We Got Wrong[/h3]
More classes: I pointed out how four guys who do a bunch of stuff should be changed into more guys who are highly focused and specialized. It seems like DICE disagrees with me, as Bach tells Game Informer, "I think the sweet spot is four." Though, he later points out that specialization comes through later perks and weapon loadouts. Which I do understand now -- the four classes serve as basic templates, and you can fine-tune the actual kits for specialties. So even if two people play as Engineers, one can take anti-armor gear and perks while the other focuses on vehicle repair. I just hope that there's enough customization to allow for focus and specialization rather than "hey, I can do just about anything" that I get from BC2.

Theres more @ http://www.1up.com/previe...attlefield-3-new-details

It wont even suppose dx9 and will fully support dx11 with the new frostbite engine. A true PC game.

[h4]Details from Game Informer, and empirical evidence of how close our speculation from last year is.[/h4]

By Thierry Nguyen
Thanks to Game Informer, we finally have some concrete details on Battlefield 3. Quietly announced via a beta offer for people who snagged Medal of Honor last year, the fine fellows at DICE have just-as-quietly been banging on the title until Game Informer's cover story. While actual details are still a bit scant (since it's still a reveal/first look) there's enough for us to reflect on the predictions and speculations we made last year.
I still consider Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 2 some of the finest multiplayer shooters in recent (read: after the year 2000) history, and as much as I like Battlefield: Bad Company 2, it's not quite the same. Sure, BC2 looks great and features awesome destructibility, but it also doesn't quite have the scale and sheer chaos that the original Battlefield games featured. So it's good to be hearing stuff like how in addition to the improved destruction, that the player count and the vehicles will be more like Battlefield 2 rather than Bad Company 2. Here's a quick rundown of what we have right and wrong.
More players: So it looks like that BF3 will have 64-player support -- for the PC version. Executive producer Patrick Bach tells Game Informer, "We won't make it for console and port it to PC -- that's not how we do things. We're focusing on PC first, and then we fiddle with it to fit it onto consoles." For now, it looks like the console versions are still stuck with the 24-player limit, but it's relieving to hear that the PC version will still have some crazy firefights.

More real estate: Much isn't detailed about the actual size of the maps compared to Bad Company 2, but Bach does tell Game Informer that the team will be building bigger maps. This is in direct response to the next point...

More vehicles: Jets are coming back! Not much has been revealed about the entire vehicle arsenal, but it's nice to know that air support is more than just the ubiquitous helicopter. Hints about full military engagements on the ground imply heavy armor, and I wouldn't be surprised if, in addition to jets, that the team adds naval units as well. Let's hope that since jets are coming back, that the developers will remember to tune the balance properly and make anti-air equipment a bit more viable. As much as I love BF2, it did get frustrating to be stuck with a painfully slow AA gun while a jet jockey flew around the map and dominated from above.

Look! A jet! Take this old BF2 screen and spruce it up for modern systems to imagine what BF3 looks like.
More classes: I pointed out how four guys who do a bunch of stuff should be changed into more guys who are highly focused and specialized. It seems like DICE disagrees with me, as Bach tells Game Informer, "I think the sweet spot is four." Though, he later points out that specialization comes through later perks and weapon loadouts. Which I do understand now -- the four classes serve as basic templates, and you can fine-tune the actual kits for specialties. So even if two people play as Engineers, one can take anti-armor gear and perks while the other focuses on vehicle repair. I just hope that there's enough customization to allow for focus and specialization rather than "hey, I can do just about anything" that I get from BC2.

It wont even suppose dx9 and will fully support dx11 with the new frostbite engine. A true PC game.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

By Thierry Nguyen

preordered

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

By Thierry Nguyen

preordered

What resolution do you game at? Im wondering what the real world limitations of the 5850 will be at 1920 x 1080.

What resolution do you game at? Im wondering what the real world limitations of the 5850 will be at 1920 x 1080.

Back
Top Bottom