Official PC thread.

$1600 retail... lol
Is this even real? 😆 anyway, just heard evga is quitting the gpu race. Too bad. Current gen gpu prices are dropping massively but slowly. Will wait a few more weeks to see how far they will drop before deciding to buy the Radeon gpus. 6900xt and 6700xt have very tempting price offer.

After a long and difficult consideration, I will decide to not be tempted to buy the current gen systems and save for the next gen as I slowed down my gaming habits. Rather than upgrading my current setup, I would keep it for now and give it to my son next year and get a new setup. It would serve both our needs.

In Mandalorian voice, “This is the way!!”

They’re literally sitting on all this stock so pricing these higher was probably the only option (and forcing some value conscious consumers to deplete the older generation stock).

RIP EVGA. I loved buying their cards. The Step Up Program. The Warranty.

i copped a nuphy f1 keyboard and its a really good keyboard but i think they made one really really bad decision.
on the apple keyboard they shrunk the up and down arrows to allow for a large shift key on the right side
but they decided to make the shift key small to have large up and down arrows and now i find myself hitting the up arrow instead of shift which is really unfortunate becaue the keys feel really good and there are a large amount of sentences that start with the letter T aka "the" for example i hit shift with the right hand and t with the left, but because the shift button is odd it messes up my groove

I don’t really need one. But I want one low key lol.

Cyberpunk seems to be the only real game that benefits from it (and maybe Flight Simulator).

I’m building a high-end PC, boys (and gals).

Love that depending on the game and setting, 6900xt is right there at the table with the 6950xt and 3090 ti. 4090 whooping them all but I'm happy with it for the price/performance/power draw/size.

I mean AMD can definitely capitalize with their latest RDNA. Nvidia priced themselves for monster enthusiast with that $1,000 and up price tag for their 4000 series. But I guess they have a whole lot of 3000 cards to clear out.

I'm a video editor and wondering if anyone here has or can link me to PC builds for this type of stuff. Would like it to be cool looking like all the see thru gaming set ups.
Is PC Parts picker the best place to look at for ideas?

I got that wild 38 LG ultrawide gaming monitor. My gaming laptop can’t really handle it at all. I will def be building a PC next year.

I'm at a cross roads. I have PC running a 3060 Ti and a PS5. I try to decide a good 1440p Monitor or a 4k. I do use my PC for work. I game on it a bit Warzone and Forza here and there. Waiting for PS5 exclusives to hit to really get into the PS5
Any suggestions?

My recommendation is wait and see.

The 3060ti is probably aiight at 1440P for most games (or bump down the settings).

4K probably not. Your options are high-end 6K AMD, 4K series or bump up to a 3080/3080TI. Games like Flight Simulator or Cyberpunk will struggle at 4K on the 3K unless you bump the settings down.

You can also wait to see what price/performance of RDNA 3.

A 3060ti will be more than "aiight" at 1440p. I say just get a decent budget 1440p monitor for now, especially with PS5 supporting that resolution now. Reddit Buildapcsales or slickdeals never failed me.
I mean he didn’t really say why he was at a crossroads like Bone Thugs. Or what settings he wants to play with lol. Or what specific games. 3060ti seems aiight.

I want to play Cyberpunk at 4K max settings with RT, 60 FPS. 👀

I mean he didn’t really say why he was at a crossroads like Bone Thugs. Or what settings he wants to play with lol. Or what specific games. 3060ti seems aiight.

I want to play Cyberpunk at 4K max settings with RT, 60 FPS. 👀
I really want to play games in 4k on both PS5 and PC fluidly but I know that is a stretch now a days unless you got da Hemi of a GPU. Contemplating 1440 but I don't know if its a massive difference or experience from 4k. The Samsung G7 32 inch for 1440 looks nice or I was contemplating the Gigabyte M32U. Thats my crossroads Uncle Charles.

Bum, bum, bum. What you gonna do…lol.

I’d just get the monitor. Your card is better than mine (a 2070 Super). Your card is good at a lot of games (minus performance hogs like CP 2077, Flight Simulator, etc) or crunching the ray tracing. You want 4K, you’ll have to upgrade to a higher 3K or a 4K, which at the moment is $700 and up.

Back
Top Bottom