Official PC thread.

Pretty decent device if you catch the top spec on sale. Don't own one but would if I didn't already have a laptop. Pretty much fits the bill for everything i'd use it for outside of my desktop ie productivity, tablet, light gaming, mobility, note taking, great mic and speakers, dolby vision, 120hz etc. Pretty beastly

Pretty decent device if you catch the top spec on sale. Don't own one but would if I didn't already have a laptop. Pretty much fits the bill for everything i'd use it for outside of my desktop ie productivity, tablet, light gaming, mobility, note taking, great mic and speakers, dolby vision, 120hz etc. Pretty beastly

I was looking for a all in one typ...9, member: 38151"] v=1&src=SiteSearch[/QUOTE]
for practical and typical use, NO. for something aesthetics or you have money to burn, YES !
Aesthetics plays a big role for me I used to have a surface book 2.

almost purchased a PowerColor RX 6900XT Red Devil from microcenter selling at $700. fought long and hard to finally brought me to my senses that new GPUs are on the way and gambled to skip 1 more generation. it's a tough decision considering how great the 6900XT is and for the price, you can't lose. however, I just thought that further improvements on the new cards and lack of miners would make these new cards more obtainable and affordable. if not, I can always go back and pay for these oversupply of older cards.

I’m waiting for the new graphics cards. Worst case, it lowers the price of the currently high inventory of the last generation.

I want to see what improvements they make to Ray tracing and DLSS. I want to build a 13900K and 4080 RTX build.

I’m waiting for the new graphics cards. Worst case, it lowers the price of the currently high inventory of the last generation.

I want to see what improvements they make to Ray tracing and DLSS. I want to build a 13900K and 4080 RTX build.
I'm keeping my X470 board. so I'm upgrading my cpu to the last of the AM4 chip which is the 5800X3D and pair it with an upcoming next gen gpu.

How much would a 12700 3080 build be?

I would really love to do something like this, but dont even know where to begin to buy the parts. Always bought pre-built joints.

How much would a 12700 3080 build be?

I would really love to do something like this, but dont even know where to begin to buy the parts. Always bought pre-built joints.

pcpartpicker.com

also watch some youtube videos.

That's what I did over the pandemy and built 3 total pcs within 2 months. First was with a 3090 card, second a 3080ti, and 3rd was 1660 super.

pcpartpicker.com

also watch some youtube videos.

That's what I did over the pandemy and built 3 total pcs within 2 months. First was with a 3090 card, second a 3080ti, and 3rd was 1660 super.
Pictures? I want those LED cables and stuff.

The toughest parts are the cable management and motherboard connections.

It really isn’t difficult. But…I’ll say I work in IT. But if you watch a few videos, you should be fine. Obviously, troubleshooting might be an issue.

But the 12th Gen Intel and 3000 RTX cards are definitely at decent prices…

The toughest parts are the cable management and motherboard connections.

It really isn’t difficult. But…I’ll say I work in IT. But if you watch a few videos, you should be fine. Obviously, troubleshooting might be an issue.

But the 12th Gen Intel and 3000 RTX cards are definitely at decent prices…
cable management can really be annoying. so I'd choose I really nice pc case setup with very easily accessible crevices to hide those annoying cables.

Pictures? I want those LED cables and stuff.

Here's one I posted in here before, but this is the 3080ti setup. Basically almost all white everything.

20210624_190233-jpg.2818217

I used a lian li o11 XL case cause like spiderjericho spiderjericho and sneeker sneeker mentioned, cable management is tough. The bigger case allowed me some extra room since I was a noob.

The 3090 is housed in the same case, but everything is all black and I went fancier with the ram and got the g.skill crystals

Here's one I posted in here before, but this is the 3080ti setup. Basically almost all white everything.

20210624_190233-jpg.2818217

I used a lian li o11 XL case cause like spiderjericho spiderjericho and sneeker sneeker mentioned, cable management is tough. The bigger case allowed me some extra room since I was a noob.

The 3090 is housed in the same case, but everything is all black and I went fancier with the ram and got the g.skill crystals
big case is the way to go. it also helps with the ventilation.

Honestly, if you guys have dated GPUs, personally wouldnt wait as the 4k series RTX cards are gonna be just as hard to get at release as the 3k series has been up until recently. Dont forget bot boys are on these things now and anything worth $$$$ they are going for.

Saw that too.
Wild. They really trying to clear stock.

We don’t know what the stock of the 4000 series will be. Not to say folks aren’t going to clamor. I saw an article that the 7000 series Ryzen will be sufficiently available.

Price range would probably be 4080 to 3090 current price. Performance, I wouldn’t be surprised if the 4080 beats it and has higher Ray tracing performance. Possibly.

Honestly, if you guys have dated GPUs, personally wouldnt wait as the 4k series RTX cards are gonna be just as hard to get at release as the 3k series has been up until recently. Dont forget bot boys are on these things now and anything worth $$$$ they are going for.
The big difference is the miners. with crypto-mining not being profitable, there's really not much market to sell the gpus since the crpyto-mining boom. guess we might be back to what the gpus were before the crypto craze.

Price range would probably be 4080 to 3090 current price. Performance, I wouldn’t be surprised if the 4080 beats it and has higher Ray tracing performance. Possibly.
this is a high possibility if crypto-mining is no longer a thing. it's the only market that pretty much screwed up the gpu pricing and supply. without it, we could be back to normal to what the gpus were sold before. selling less than 1k for the top range ones.

Theres always hype for a new release, gamers alone would buy them all up if they could. It might be a few months after release until they are more easily attainable.

Yeah the mining, chip shortage, and folks being cooped up in doors converged to a dire situation.

Not saying they’ll be easy to get at first. Probably not. But hopefully 1-2 months they’ll be readily available in the channels.

I was looking at the 12900K back around the time it dropped. And it was obtainable. Hopefully, Nvidia has been manufacturing them. I guess the iffy thing is they want to clear out the last generation and what it means.

Yeah the mining, chip shortage, and folks being cooped up in doors converged to a dire situation.

Not saying they’ll be easy to get at first. Probably not. But hopefully 1-2 months they’ll be readily available in the channels.

I was looking at the 12900K back around the time it dropped. And it was obtainable. Hopefully, Nvidia has been manufacturing them. I guess the iffy thing is they want to clear out the last generation and what it means.
I can believe the mining aspect of gpu shortage but not the supply of chip manufacturing. if that were true, we would still be not having enough gpus right now. funny thing is that this sudden surge of overstock of gpus coincide with the timing of the mining fallout. looks to me that manufacturers are holding these stocks for wholesale buyers which are mainly miners. now that miners are not buying, they are stuck with massive supply of 2 year old gpus. still though, they are still selling them at a profit, so screw them. I won't buy them.

The chip shortage is real. It’s affecting technology across the board. And it all comes down to who is willing to pay for priority.

We wouldn’t have the insane car prices otherwise. PS5s would be everywhere by now. Etc.

All I know is I want a 13900K and either 4070 or 4080.

Back
Top Bottom