Official PC thread.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

just a heads up, steam is having a summer sale right now.
is getting the valve complete pack worth it if all i want is CS Source and L4D2? Portal seems cool, but other than that i don't find any of the other games appealing.

CS + L4D2 - $26.78
Valve Pack - $49.99

dpwfvp.jpg

Originally Posted by CWrite78

just a heads up, steam is having a summer sale right now.
is getting the valve complete pack worth it if all i want is CS Source and L4D2? Portal seems cool, but other than that i don't find any of the other games appealing.

CS + L4D2 - $26.78
Valve Pack - $49.99

dpwfvp.jpg

just off the fact that you get portal 2, yes, it's worth it.

everything else is just a bonus

matter of fact, i was waiting for portal 2 to go on sale. going to have to cop it

just off the fact that you get portal 2, yes, it's worth it.

everything else is just a bonus

matter of fact, i was waiting for portal 2 to go on sale. going to have to cop it

Quick question. I have a practice comp (pavilion a1230n) and I upgraded to win 7 and 3gigs of RAM. It seems to be stressing the cpu. Everything I do the cpu seems to be at 100% usage. Anything I can do to fix this. I know is old but I'm learning. Thanks in advance

Quick question. I have a practice comp (pavilion a1230n) and I upgraded to win 7 and 3gigs of RAM. It seems to be stressing the cpu. Everything I do the cpu seems to be at 100% usage. Anything I can do to fix this. I know is old but I'm learning. Thanks in advance

Originally Posted by minus28

what  cpu does that machine have?
a program that you dont want running is probably using all of your cpu
it might be a virus or spyware so you scan your system. Then run msconfig and prevent any programs that you dont need from starting up when you boot the machine.

what  cpu does that machine have?
a program that you dont want running is probably using all of your cpu
it might be a virus or spyware so you scan your system. Then run msconfig and prevent any programs that you dont need from starting up when you boot the machine.

its a AMD Athlon 64 3700+ Processor. i know its old but i want to start slow. whats a good anti virus? i have the free avg but seems like i need something more. where do i go to find out which programs i dont need?

its a AMD Athlon 64 3700+ Processor. i know its old but i want to start slow. whats a good anti virus? i have the free avg but seems like i need something more. where do i go to find out which programs i dont need?

come on son that aint even a dual core

come on son that aint even a dual core

i personally use avast and havent had a problem.
You should download Malwarebytes & let it scan your system to see if you have any viruses, spyware, or other unwanted stuff
Watch this video to see how to prevent certain programs from starting up @ bootup:

i personally use avast and havent had a problem.
You should download Malwarebytes & let it scan your system to see if you have any viruses, spyware, or other unwanted stuff
Watch this video to see how to prevent certain programs from starting up @ bootup:

Your best bet is either a new comp for like $300, or put in $50 for a duo-core processor. They're dirt cheap these days

Your best bet is either a new comp for like $300, or put in $50 for a duo-core processor. They're dirt cheap these days

Originally Posted by Vendetta

This, dont even think you'll be able to salvage anything besides the dvd rom for a new build

Originally Posted by Los Angeles Fresh

not if those drives are IDE, then pretty much worthless.

true, and since the pc is from 2005 it probably is

Originally Posted by Vendetta

This, dont even think you'll be able to salvage anything besides the dvd rom for a new build

Originally Posted by Los Angeles Fresh

not if those drives are IDE, then pretty much worthless.

true, and since the pc is from 2005 it probably is

Back
Top Bottom