Official PC thread.

I'm about to build a new pc. I have all the parts and I'm going to put it together this weekend.

Specs
CPU:   Intel i5 2500k
           Coolermaster Hyper 212+ (CPU Cooler)
Mobo: Asus Maximus IV Extreme
HDD:  Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB
RAM:  G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU:   Gigabyte HD6570 (Temporary till I get my next check. Then I'll upgrade to the HD6950)
ODD:   Lite-On DVDRW
PSU:    Corsair TX850
Case:   Cooler Master HAF X

I'll post some pics up once I'm finished.  I have a bunch of LED fans to RICE up the case.  I've upgraded PCs before but this is my first build from the bottom up.  I'll pick up a SSD on Black Friday.  They are pretty expensive.

I'm about to build a new pc. I have all the parts and I'm going to put it together this weekend.

Specs
GPU:   Gigabyte HD6570 (Temporary till I get my next check. Then I'll upgrade to the HD6950)

I'll post some pics up once I'm finished.  I have a bunch of LED fans to RICE up the case.  I've upgraded PCs before but this is my first build from the bottom up.  I'll pick up a SSD on Black Friday.  They are pretty expensive.

Originally Posted by SneakerReaper

Specs

1,200.00?

Specs

1,200.00?

Originally Posted by sladewilson

anyone run SLI , if you have 2 480 is 850 watt PSU big enough ? or i need at least 1000?

aren't 480 huge power hogs?

get the 1k just in case

Specs

looks good. pics when you finish it

anyone run SLI , if you have 2 480 is 850 watt PSU big enough ? or i need at least 1000?

get the 1k just in case

Specs

looks good. pics when you finish it

Originally Posted by CWrite78

get the 1k just in case

yeah ive had one for 2 years now an i got another one for 230

Originally Posted by CWrite78

get the 1k just in case

yeah ive had one for 2 years now an i got another one for 230

don't waste your money on that.

i dont even think that would run bfbc2 on the lowest of low settings. if you dont want to spend a lot of money, build an AMD rig.

don't waste your money on that.

i dont even think that would run bfbc2 on the lowest of low settings. if you dont want to spend a lot of money, build an AMD rig.

doesnt need 12GB of ram, money could go towards something else. 2TB drives are slow.

no mention of MoBo either.

how much is he willing to spend? im sure we can find him something better from a different company if he wants go to pre built.

doesnt need 12GB of ram, money could go towards something else. 2TB drives are slow.

no mention of MoBo either.

how much is he willing to spend? im sure we can find him something better from a different company if he wants go to pre built.

Specs

1,200.00?
Including the fans and mouse and keyboard I bought, everything came out to about $1330.

Specs

1,200.00?
Including the fans and mouse and keyboard I bought, everything came out to about $1330.

what keyboard did you buy
nerd.gif
hope it was mechanical. also what mouse?

I picked up a basic M$ keyboard and a Logitech G500 mouse.  I plan on ordering a mechanical keyboard from wasdkeyboards.com.  They're keyboards are $139.99 but fully customizable.  I don''t think they have tenkeyless though.  I just can't decide on the color scheme.  I keep changing my mind.

Back
Top Bottom