***OFFICIAL PHILADELPHIA EAGLES 2011 SEASON THREAD***

Boys looking ready 
pimp.gif

I'm starting to get really worried about Jeremy Maclin, not even for football but for his health and well being.

something just really doesn't add up with all this.

Originally Posted by StillIn729

I'm starting to get really worried about Jeremy Maclin, not even for football but for his health and well being.

yeah they really aren't giving us any information about what's wrong with him, I hope it's nothing too serious that could threaten his career 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Originally Posted by StillIn729

yeah they really aren't giving us any information about what's wrong with him, I hope it's nothing too serious that could threaten his career 
frown.gif

yea can only pray for the dude.. apparently the doctors just can't figure out what exactly the problem is and the eagles are just playing it safe

offense:

[table][tr][td]WR[/td][td]Jeremy Maclin[/td][td]Riley Cooper[/td][td]Sinorice Moss[/td][td]Johnnie Lee Higgins
[/td][/tr][tr][td]LT[/td][td]Jason Peters[/td][td]Austin Howard[/td][/tr][tr][td]LG[/td][td]Todd Herremans[/td][td]Evan Mathis[/td][td]Dallas Reynolds[/td][/tr][tr][td]C[/td][td]Jamaal Jackson[/td][td]Jason Kelce[/td][td]A.Q. Shipley[/td][/tr][tr][td]RG[/td][td]Danny Watkins[/td][td]Mike McGlynn[/td][td]Julian Vandervelde[/td][/tr][tr][td]RT[/td][td]Ryan Harris[/td][td]Fenuki Tupou[/td][td]King Dunlap[/td][/tr][tr][td]TE[/td][td]Brent Celek[/td][td]Clay Harbor[/td][td]Martell Webb[/td][td]Cornelius Ingram
[/td][/tr][tr][td]WR[/td][td]DeSean Jackson[/td][td]Jason Avant[/td][td]Chad Hall[/td][td]Terrance Turner
[/td][/tr][tr][td]FB[/td][td]Owen Schmitt[/td][td]Stanley Havili[/td][/tr][tr][td]RB[/td][td]LeSean McCoy[/td][td]Ronnie Brown[/td][td]Dion Lewis[/td][td]Graig Cooper
Eldra Buckley
Derrick Locke
[/td][/tr][tr][td]QB[/td][td]Michael Vick[/td][td]Vince Young[/td][td]Mike Kafka[/td][td]Jerrod Johnson
[/td][/tr][/table]

defense:
[table][tr][td]LDE[/td][td]Juqua Parker[/td][td]Jason Babin[/td][td]Phillip Hunt[/td][/tr][tr][td]LDT[/td][td]Mike Patterson[/td][td]Trevor Laws[/td][td]Anthony Hargrove[/td][td]Derek Landri
Brandon Collier
[/td][/tr][tr][td]RDT[/td][td]Antonio Dixon[/td][td]Cullen Jenkins[/td][td]Cedric Thornton[/td][td]Charles Noonan
[/td][/tr][tr][td]RDE[/td][td]Trent Cole[/td][td]Darryl Tapp[/td][td]Daniel Te'o-Nesheim[/td][/tr][tr][td]WLB[/td][td]Moise Fokou[/td][td]Keenan Clayton[/td][td]Brian Rolle[/td][/tr][tr][td]MLB[/td][td]Casey Matthews[/td][td]Greg Lloyd[/td][td]Brandon Peguese[/td][/tr][tr][td]SLB[/td][td]Jamar Chaney[/td][td]Akeem Jordan[/td][td]Rashad Jeanty[/td][/tr][tr][td]LCB[/td][td]Asante Samuel[/td][td]Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie[/td][td]Joselio Hanson[/td][td]Curtis Marsh
Isaiah Trufant
[/td][/tr][tr][td]RCB[/td][td]Nnamdi Asomugha[/td][td]Trevard Lindley[/td][td]Brandon Hughes[/td][td]Jorrick Calvin
Jamar Wall
[/td][/tr][tr][td]SS[/td][td]Nate Allen[/td][td]Jarrad Page[/td][td]Marlin Jackson[/td][td]Colt Anderson
[/td][/tr][tr][td]FS[/td][td]Kurt Coleman[/td][td]Jaiquawn Jarrett[/td][td]Jamar Adams[/td][/tr][/table]

^ i see both babin and jenkins not starting (jenkins depends on patterson's situation.. and maybe even laws gets the starting nod and majority of the snaps)

i think ideally they would like jenkins to get about 20-30 snaps.. and keep him healthy/fresh for later in the season

babin would get some more (backing up both cole and parker), but still i think on the base we go with parker (if he's still on the team.. since i think it comes down to him or tapp, when graham returns)

i agree with this (eagles beat writer):

Jeff_McLane Jeff McLane
lts not u. RT @codydholloway is it just me or does Vick seem to be a better leader than Donovan was?

Andy Reid just addressed the Media:

-Desean Jackson & Maclin will NOT be playing tomorrow.
-Patterson is still going through some tests.
-Jamaal Jackson is getting the start at Center.
-Vince Young will play the 2nd quarter.

Originally Posted by CLuTcH 713

so starters will only play the 1st?

does that exclude the non-starters that will get the start (like say avant and cooper at WR) or the young guys (mathews and watkins)

hopefully harris and whomever can show something at RT so that justice becomes expendable (my biggest wish of the preseason)

also looks like marlin jackson and abiamiri time with the eagles could be coming to an end:
http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...ackson-and-victor-abiamiri-go-under-the-knife

Tuesday, August 09, 2011, 4:38pm

By Reuben Frank
CSNPhilly.com

BETHLEHEM, Pa. -- Hey, it went well last week. Let's do this every week! Here are 25 more random observations, this time after two weeks at Lehigh:

1) I'll be shocked if Ryan Harris isn't the Eagles' opening-day right tackle. Winston Justice is making progress, but Harris is locking down the job with his outstanding play. If he keeps it up in the first couple preseason games, it'll be very tough for Justice to reclaim the job.

2) Alex Henery. Huge leg. Can kick the thing a mile. They don't always seem to go straight. Keep a close eye on the rookie kicker Thursday night. Andy Reid would love to give him a nice challenging 47-yarder. See where he's at. The kid scares me a bit.

3) Limas Sweed has seven career catches. DeSean Jackson has seven career catches … that went for touchdowns of 68 yards or more. Sweed ($809,583) makes more per year than Jackson ($769,960).

4) The Eagles' 2010 opening-day defensive line finished last season with 15 sacks. The first-team D-line Jim Washburn had out there this week had 31 1/2 sacks last year.

5) Ronnie Brown has the highest career passer rating on the Eagles at 91.3. Seems more accurate so far than Vince Young.

6) Word on draft day was that Eagles third-round pick Curtis Marsh was a long-range project. He only played two years of D-back at Utah State after starting out as a tailback. Watching him cover at practice he looks nothing like a long-range project. Kind of like a young Bobby Taylor. Tall, rangy, athletic and very smart. Watch him Thursday night. Think he might be a player.

7) The more I think about it, the more unbelievable it is that the Eagles teams with Reggie, Clyde, Seth, Andre, Wes, Eric Allen, B&E, Randall, Keith Byars and Keith Jackson won just one playoff game. Omar Gaither won more playoff games as an Eagle than Reggie White. How overrated was Buddy Ryan? One TD in three playoff games.

glasses.gif
So far, I count 10 guys who started at least one regular-season game for the Eagles last year who are already gone. And that doesn't include scrubs who started the year-ender against the Cowboys. Nick Cole, Max Jean-Gilles, Kevin Kolb, Garrett Mills, Brodrick Bunkley, Ernie Sims, Stewart Bradley, Omar Gaither, Ellis Hobbs and Quintin Mikell. Doesn't include David Akers and Sav Rocca, either.

9) It's interesting to watch how this new coaching staff works. We've seen a lot of offensive coaches out on the field working with or talking to defensive players and vice versa. Almost seems like the traditional job titles are irrelevant. A lot of these young guys are so far behind, it just seems like everybody is chipping in trying to teach whenever the opportunity comes up. Vastly improved group of position coaches.

10) The difference between T.O. and DeSean? T.O. was a bad guy who systematically tried to destroy every team he went to. He was only concerned with himself, at the expense of all else. T.O. was starting the second year of a seven-year contract that he willingly signed when he started creating trouble here in 2005. There's a reason he's now trying to find his sixth team in the last nine years. DeSean? He's a good kid who wants to be an Eagle and wants to spend his career here and win a Super Bowl here, and he's on the final year of a slotted four-year rookie deal that makes him the most underpaid player in football. The only similarity is Drew Rosenhaus.

11) The Eagles allowed 31 passing touchdowns last year (and three more in the playoff loss to Green Bay). What does that number drop to this year? Thirteen? Fourteen?

12) Jamar Chaney is the Eagles' best coverage linebacker since Carlos Emmons. Not even close.

13) They can call Vince Young the No. 2 QB all they want. If something happened to Michael Vick on opening day, Mike Kafka would have to come in the game.

14) Tough to imagine the Eagles will start Jason Kelce at center. With a healthy Jamaal Jackson available? Jamaal is a top-10 center in the NFL and doesn't even have a prohibitive salary ($1.575 million in 2011) or cap figure ($1.675 million). They can't start Kelce. Can they?

15) Temple's Jaiquawn Jarrett might have suffered from the lockout more than any other Eagle. His whole thing is blasting people. And it's tough for anybody to go out and make big, physical plays when you're not quite comfortable in the defense. For now, the safeties are Nate Allen and Kurt Coleman, but Jarrett's time will come.

16) Speaking of Jarrett, cool moment at practice Monday when Dan Klecko walked up to Jarrett and introduced himself. Owl pride. I started looking around for Jason McKie.

16½) Eagles' record for interceptions in a season is 11 by Bill Bradley in 1971. I've got Asante with 10 this year. Asante already has 42 regular-season INTs (49 including playoffs). Only 16 more picks get him into the all-time NFL top-10. He just turned 30. See ya in Canton.

17) Asante, by the way, is an absolute blast to watch at practice. Funny as hell. The other day, when the second-team offense failed to get a field goal attempt off on fourth down during a two-minute drill, he yelled out across the field to the offense, "That's terrible clock management. Who's coaching over there?"

18) Danny Watkins. All-rookie team in 2011. Pro Bowl by 2013.

19) Starting middle linebacker? That decision hasn't been made yet. But Casey Matthews will get every chance to keep the job. He's been very good at practice. Let's see what he does in the games.

20) The David Akers I-95 billboard? Only one of the classiest things any former Eagle has ever done.

21) It will be worth the trip to Lehigh to watch DeSean and Asante square off for the first time Saturday morning. Their battles are a blast to watch. See ya at 8:05 a.m.

22) By the way, the reason we've seen more 1's vs. 1's than ever before at training camp is because of the new CBA. Why? The CBA limits the amount of time teams can go live at practice. When the Eagles are live, they go 1's vs. the 2's and 3's vs. 3's. But when they're not live, the 1's usually work against the 1's.

23) I count 13 offensive linemen who've worked with the first offense at some point at camp: Jason Peters, Todd Herremans, Jamaal Jackson, Mike McGlynn, Jason Kelce, Danny Watkins, Julian Vandervelde, A.Q. Shipley, King Dunlap, Fenuki Topou, Ryan Harris, Evan Mathis and Austin Howard. Who hasn't? Dallas Reynolds. And Winston Justice. Anybody miss Nick Cole yet?

24) Glad we don't have to call players by stupid folksy nicknames like the Phillies writers ("Polly") and Flyers writers ("Hartsey," "Cartsy," "Bettsy").

25) With the Dolphins, Ronnie Brown played with Sage Rosenfels, Gus Frerotte, Cleo Lemon, Joey Harrington, Daunte Culpepper, Trent Green, John Beck, Chad Pennington, Chad Henne and Tyler Thigpen. No wonder he hasn't stopped smiling since he got here.

E-mail Reuben Frank at [email protected]

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

so starters will only play the 1st?  
I'm guessing first team offense and defense will play the first quarter only. Guys like Avant and Cooper, might just play the first half. According to the depth chart it's looking like Kafka will play the 3rd quarter, then Jerrod Johnson from A&M will play the 4th. 
The main thing is avoiding injuries and I'll be happy.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

5) Ronnie Brown has the highest career passer rating on the Eagles at 91.3. Seems more accurate so far than Vince Young.
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

I had to look up the Billboard thing, and I'm gonna miss the dude. 

506946.png

David Akers didn't need to do anything to further endear himself to Eagles fans, but there's little doubt that the team's former kicker just wedged himself a little bit further into Philadelphians' hearts.
http://

Akers, at one point the longest-tenured athlete in Philly, is now a resident of the Left Coast, having recently signed with the San Francisco 49ers. But Philadelphia will always be special to Akers, who expressed that notion by tweeting a picture of a billboard he's having put up along I-95 thanking the city and its fans for supporting him during his 12-year career here.

The main thing is avoiding injuries and I'll be happy.
laugh.gif

man.. main reason i'm glad we aren't playing some guys at all or only for the 1st with others

and saw some place reid wanted to take it easy on mccoy in preseason, any info on what they got planned for him?

itsaboutthattime wrote:
and saw some place reid wanted to take it easy on mccoy in preseason, any info on what they got planned for him?

I haven't seen any reports of how much playing time McCoy will be getting. I found this article that was posted a couple of hours ago saying how he put on some much needed muscle, and he has been playing pretty well in Training camp. 
http://gcobb.com/2011/08/10/a-glimpse-at-eagles-offensive-backfield/

And for anybody wondering, if anybody misses the game, NFL Network will be replaying it at 11pm tomorrow night.

I just KNOW one of my fellow philly fans has ESPN insisider...
nerd.gif

[h3]Will Philadelphia trade Asante Samuel? 
in.gif
[/h3]

^ wish i could help..

but after rex grossman and channing crowder.. i'm now concerned about our new punter and cooper (highly doubt ingram makes the team)

@AdamSchefter: Eagles agree to terms with former Giants Pro Bowl WR Steve Smith on a one-year contract.

great signing, he won't be ready for a little bit but dude could be a monster if fully healthy down the stretch run

Welcome steve smith. His numbers in 09 were great. Hopefully the injury doesnt hamper him too much

I honestly don't see how or why they wouldn't give D-Jax his money. They have to have something going on behind the scenes.

Back
Top Bottom