***OFFICIAL PHILADELPHIA EAGLES 2011 SEASON THREAD***

Hall & Lewis
pimp.gif

^ some good ppl are going get cut..

or we're going own the majority of the 6th/7th rounds in the next draft or the one after

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Originally Posted by lakersreppa008

I had that same face when I saw the number. I just pray no one will ever wear #20 ever again.

never dat.. i don't think 20, 5 or 69 get given out again (just off the top of my head)

jarrett with the pick
pimp.gif
(i like coleman.. but i want him being our main back-up to both nate and jarrett)

I'm seriously considering getting my Dawkins jersey framed.

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

I had that same face when I saw the number. I just pray no one will ever wear #20 ever again.

never dat.. i don't think 20, 5 or 69 get given out again (just off the top of my head)

jarrett with the pick
pimp.gif
(i like coleman.. but i want him being our main back-up to both nate and jarrett)

I'm seriously considering getting my Dawkins jersey framed.
Do it. I did it with my authentic BDawk jersey.

a bunch of people swear mack got the HIV or maybe something worse with the C word coming up. no one with inside info but people are just talking saying that mono wouldn't do this to someone who has money to get top of the line treatment for just about anything. I pray for him because although not the biggest eagles fan I'm a fan of his., and think he is a far better receiver than djax

Originally Posted by John2st

a bunch of people swear mack got the HIV or maybe something worse with the C word coming up. no one with inside info but people are just talking saying that mono wouldn't do this to someone who has money to get top of the line treatment for just about anything. I pray for him because although not the biggest eagles fan I'm a fan of his., and think he is a far better receiver than djax
He doesn't have HIV and he doesn't have cancer.

HIV is an easy diagnosis for obvious reasons. If he has progressed to full blown AIDS, you're talking about him having had HIV for at least 7 years or so without any treatment and without anyone in the club knowing. Doubtful.

Cancer is also a pretty easy diagnosis.

Mono can be devastating for some people. But I also don't think it's remnants of a mono illness.

DeSean Jackson in his frist full practice with pads. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

DeSean Jackson was back, with a new tattoo reading "dedicated" on the outside of his left calf and the same crisp connection with Michael Vick.

The Eagles most dangerous wide receiver received cheers from fans and caught nearly everything thrown his way in Saturday morning's practice. It was Jackson's first practice in pads since rejoining the team Monday.

One of his first grabs came as Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie ran step for step with him down the sideline (though it looked like Jackson may have drifted out of bounds before he gained control of the ball). He beat Asante Samuel twice in one-on-one drills, prompting a "pay DeSean" chant from fans.

"My legs (are) feeling good, and I’m feeling fresh, so, just ready to get back out there and contribute to my team," Jackson said.

With Jackson on the field, it helped balance out the talent for an offense facing Samuel, DRC and Nnamdi Asomugha.

Jackson said he hopes to play more consistently this year.

"That’s something I learned from Jerry Rice is just being as consistent as possible," Jackson said, adding that he hopes to eliminate his ups and downs.

Michael Vick said he was excited to have Jackson back. Jackson is hoping for a new contract, but risks injury every time he steps on the field.

"I just try not to think of it," he said. "As long as I’m working hard and not taking the short way out trying to protect myself and just go full go I think I’ll be alright."

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/DeSean-sharp-in-first-practice-.html#ixzz1UwUYED9G 
Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/82985662.html

By JON MACHOTA
Nearly every time Jerry Jones says the name Nnamdi Asomugha, the Cowboys owner and general manager reveals a little more about the negotiations that took place between the Cowboys and the top cornerback in free agency.

Asomugha, who signed with the Philadelphia Eagles two weeks ago, landed a contract that will pay him $60 million over the next five seasons.

During the Cowboys’ pregame show Thursday on the SilverStar Network, Jones mentioned that “we obviously wanted (Asomugha) or we wouldn’t have been in the $10 million and up range to get him.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

DeSean Jackson was back, with a new tattoo reading "dedicated" on the outside of his left calf and the same crisp connection with Michael Vick.

The Eagles most dangerous wide receiver received cheers from fans and caught nearly everything thrown his way in Saturday morning's practice. It was Jackson's first practice in pads since rejoining the team Monday.

One of his first grabs came as Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie ran step for step with him down the sideline (though it looked like Jackson may have drifted out of bounds before he gained control of the ball). He beat Asante Samuel twice in one-on-one drills, prompting a "pay DeSean" chant from fans.

"My legs (are) feeling good, and I’m feeling fresh, so, just ready to get back out there and contribute to my team," Jackson said.

With Jackson on the field, it helped balance out the talent for an offense facing Samuel, DRC and Nnamdi Asomugha.

"That’s something I learned from Jerry Rice is just being as consistent as possible," Jackson said, adding that he hopes to eliminate his ups and downs.

Michael Vick said he was excited to have Jackson back. Jackson is hoping for a new contract, but risks injury every time he steps on the field.

"I just try not to think of it," he said. "As long as I’m working hard and not taking the short way out trying to protect myself and just go full go I think I’ll be alright."

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/DeSean-sharp-in-first-practice-.html#ixzz1UwUYED9G 

He may be cocky but compared to the "ME" wide receivers of recent memory, he's a very stand up guy.  I have no doubts he'll get the money he deserves and I'll forgive him for his upcoming penalties this year for excessive celebrations
laugh.gif

Say if the eagles some how miss the playoffs... do you think reid gets fired?

Originally Posted by Sequan

Say if the eagles some how miss the playoffs... do you think reid gets fired?

i think so..

- the division isn't as strong as years past.. although i think the cowboys will bounce back a lil (still huge question marks though).. and giants are slightly weaker.. but ******** are significantly worse in my opinion

- i think we have 8 games that we should   win: 2 vs ********, dolphins, bills, 49ers, seahawks, cardinals and rams (i think rams will be good, but we get them week 1.. which i think makes it easier with them being such a young team and lack of offseason)

- our 2 hardest games are at home: pats and jets

- i think playing on turf helps us vs the falcons

- we play the bears at home

- our 1st game vs the cowboys is right after the bye at home

Sporting News reporter Steve Greenberg spoke to a member of Jeremy Maclin's immediate family, who had some things to say that Eagles fans should find reassuring.

I'm told by a member of Jeremy Maclin's immediate family that there "definitely" will be news on Tuesday regarding the Eagles WR's health "He's fine, he's fine," says Maclin's family member. "That much I can say." Also is "confident" that Maclin will play this season.

As for speculation Maclin's mysterious illness may be a dire matter, family member says: "It's not."

Hopefully he's right on all accounts. First and foremost that it's nothing serious with Maclin, but also that we'll get some news tomorrow. I understand why the Eagles wouldn't want to discuss a private medical matter to this point, but the crazy/stupid rumors that the mystery has led to need to end.

After the Ravens game last week, Andy Reid said, "I know he can play football. That part I know. The important thing right now is for him to take care of business there." when asked about Maclin's trip home to St Louis. In fact, Reid has said all along that he doesn't think this illness will affect Jeremy's ability to play this year. Maclin himself has called all the speculation about his illness "crazy." Yet, in the absence of any real info, peoples' imaginations tend to get away from them. Hopefully we'll get some news tomorrow that ends all of that.

[Update by JasonB, 08/15/11 2:44 PM EDT ] The immediate family member is his older brother Andre Maclin. Here are some more quotes from the Sporting News Story.

“When I say definitely, we definitely will have some news tomorrow,

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

He may be cocky but compared to the "ME" wide receivers of recent memory, he's a very stand up guy.  I have no doubts he'll get the money he deserves and I'll forgive him for his upcoming penalties this year for excessive celebrations
laugh.gif

I think desean gets a bad rap, I often hear reporters refer to him as a "knucklehead" or a diva" but he's never been in trouble off the field, doesn't call out his teammates, or cry for the ball in the press, sure he's cocky that comes with the position 

Hope Maclin is ok. Still a young guy with so much ahead of him. He and DJack can tear it up for years to come.

Back
Top Bottom