***OFFICIAL PHILADELPHIA EAGLES 2011 SEASON THREAD***

well so much for thronton:

EaglesInsider Eagles Insider
#Eagles roster move: OG Kyle DeVan claimed off waivers from the Colts. Will provide depth. To make room, DT Cedric Thornton released.

Thornton was signed to the practice squad. Good thing about that move is that Kyle DeVan has some experience under coach Mudd and can help out with the depth. Only real worry I have with this team is the OLine. I think they'll get it together but I know it'll take some time. As for the LB'ers, I kind of like this group although it's very young. These first 2 road games are going to be tough though!

^ after thinking about the Oline.. i think we'll be fine once we get time.. and will be better than last year..

JJ went down very early, forcing 2nd year mcglynn into the starting C job.. remember herremans missed the first 6 games of the year.. MJG had to play substantial time

nick cole and reggie wells were our starting guards vs. the packers.. winston justice was benched for dunlap

also on the LBs i think with the way our CBs are able to cover and the pressure our line looks like it will be able to get.. our young LBs and Ss will be able to fly around and make plays (thus avoiding what usually kills young players, over-thinking and thus being slow footed)

I get dat eagle coverage

9glnxw.gif

^ man just couldn't get the NFL package this year, they raised the price down here..

and knowing i would really only be paying for a handful of games anyways (i figure about 10 of our games will be on.. and i'm going to the miami game)

Eagles Philadelphia Eagles

#Eagles officially announce a two-year deal with Joselio Hanson. Trevard Lindley is released.

caplannfl Adam Caplan

Lindley is not practice squad eligible.

shlynch Sam Lynch

Bizarre. Guess this was all about forcing Hanson to take a paycut?

not sure if it was posted. on my phone but Danny Watkins got benched. report is on profootballtalk.

Originally Posted by CLuTcH 713

not sure if it was posted. on my phone but Danny Watkins got benched. report is on profootballtalk.
damn well I guess it's a good move for now although it makes me think bust right away (obvs too early) b/c he was supposed to be ready to step right in, ready for the NFL

^ i think it has more to do with devan.. than it has to do with watkins (who i think is simply going through the rookie growing process.. learning the NFL game, thus thinking too much)

here's a note from reuben frank's article on the bencing:

DeVan started 21 games under current Eagles offensive line coach Howard Mudd in Indianapolis, nine in 2009 and 12 in 2010, plus four playoff games, including the 2009 Super Bowl loss to the Saints.

link:
http://www.csnphilly.com/09/07/11/E...-D/news_eagles.html?blockID=560532&feedID=704

They had that ESPN Game Day picks thing on ESPN.com and like 3-4 dudes predicted the Eagles losing to the Rams in week 1
laugh.gif
. Granted the other 7 or so picked the Eagles but it was still surprising to me..I guess the hating will start early this year

And
roll.gif
@ the dude on last page talkin' about the Cowboys beating us in Philly. And enough of this "running QBs don't win championships" garbage. There have been only a handful of QBs in the NFL that can run AND pass as efficiently as Vick. You guys act as if there have been 30 QBs in NFL history with the running ability of Mike. If one of the Eagles' haters could provide me with a list of 5 QBs that could run as fast as Vick and throw as efficiently, then I'll admit defeat. But most QBs as fast as Vick couldn't throw as accurately. And most extremely accurate passers can't run like Vick

Nice way to start the season.. If the offense didn't get off to a rusty start and the defense didn't give up that huge 1st play TD, this game could have been an even bigger blowout. But looks like as the game progressed, that young offensive line began to gel and play much better together. That's what lead to those huge runs towards the end of the game.

McCoy looked fresh and I feel with the added experience of last season, he will be an even bigger star. DeSean and Avant played well also but I was disappointed with Maclin. Dunno if Vick just wasn't looking his way or if he just wasn't running his routes correctly, but I expected a much bigger game out of him. Hopefully it wasn't his health holding him back

1-0 baby
pimp.gif

decent game, but a lot of things we gotta work on. Our O-Line is terrible and is gonna get Vick killed, defensive penalties all over the place
indifferent.gif
and two dropped sure TD's by Desean

Vick looks like ATL Vick rushing the ball combined with Eagle Vick passing the ball
pimp.gif
. Gotta be a headache for defenses to deal with, he made some great runs today
McCoy looking like a TD threat everytime he touches the ball
Babin played GREAT
Maclin looked surprisingly well for his first football action since last season

Can't wait for next week, gonna be like a home game cuz we all know that ATL crowd adores Vick

Not a Eagles fan per say but a big fan of Vick & desean. With that said this team should def win the NFC east easily.

Weaknesses based off Game 1

- That O-line is going to take a beating this season atleast the first half. So i expect vick to do alot more with his legs early on
- That linebacker Core is young and just like the O-line will have to take some punishment in order to become a good group but potential is there

Strengths

- They eagles finally have a running game that doesnt rest on the shoulders of one back, Having A playmaker like Mccoy mixed in with a vet like ronnie is gonna make it increasingly tougher to stack the box against them
- The D-line looked great today and more importantly it now had depth and guys not named Trent Cole that can consistently cause pressure
- This is what i believe is their biggest strength.. Due to all the playmakers on the O side of the ball its safe to say that the eagles arent gonna struggle to put up points. Which causes teams to HAVE to throw the ball, and considering most QB's dont throw to Nmandi area, alot of throws will be forced to Asante side and tho he may not be a "shutdown" corner i think that plays to his strength because he's a playmaker. I see this secondary causing alot of turnovers this season

Good Game overall. Like some have already said our Oline needs improvement which I think will come in time. They didnt do too bad today. I am in love with our Dline tho
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. Pay that man Djax. Mccoy looked good. WE NEED TO CONTINUE TO RUN THE BALL.

1-0

i dont think our Oline played THAT poorly.. especially when you consider this was the first game action of any kind for this unit (obviously devan just picked up.. and herremans moved to tackle)

of the rams 3 sacks, 2 were by DBs (mikell and king) on blitzes

The D-Line looked NICE today. The LB core needs work, but the secondary and d-line will be able to help them out on D. The O-line is easily the biggest concern.  I think they'll come along soon, though.
1-0 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom