Official Phoenix Suns @ Houston Rockets 11/17 8:30PM EST

Phoenix Suns @ Houston Rockets 8:30PM EST
Link to game Suns @ Rockets

Tracy McGrady: Likely to Miss One Week
tracy_mcgrady.jpg

Update: The followup examination of the MRI results on McGrady's right elbow revealed no tendon or ligament damage, the Houston Chronicle reports. He is suffering from a sprain and nerve irritation and could be out of the lineup for roughly a week. Analysis: The treatment for McGrady's injury is focused on getting the swelling down and getting rid of the tingling sensation in his fingertips. He is on medication for the pain but is doing no specific rehab. The biggest factor in his return will be keeping the soreness and swelling in check around the affected area. "As soon as it responds and he has good feeling back and has return of strength in the hand and full movement on the elbow, he should be OK to go," said Dr. Tom Clanton, the Rockets' team physician. Bonzi Wells will see more minutes in his place.

[table][tr][td]2007-08 Stats at a Glance[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [/td] [td]@[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]News | Players | Stats | Schedule[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]News | Players | Stats | Schedule[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Phoenix Suns[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Record:[/td] [td]7 - 2 (.778)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Standings:[/td] [td]First, Pacific[/td] [/tr][tr][td]At Home:[/td] [td]3 - 1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]At Road:[/td] [td]4 - 1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Streak:[/td] [td]W 4[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]
[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]Houston Rockets[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Record:[/td] [td]6 - 3 (.667)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Standings:[/td] [td]Fourth, Southwest[/td] [/tr][tr][td]At Home:[/td] [td]3 - 1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]At Road:[/td] [td]3 - 2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Streak:[/td] [td]L 2[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Season[/td] [/tr][tr][td]PPG:[/td] [td]106.1[/td] [td]Opp PPG:[/td] [td]99.9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FG%:[/td] [td].472[/td] [td]Opp FG%:[/td] [td].454[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RPG:[/td] [td]40.7[/td] [td]Opp RPG:[/td] [td]48.4[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]
[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]Season[/td] [/tr][tr][td]PPG:[/td] [td]95.0[/td] [td]Opp PPG:[/td] [td]91.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FG%:[/td] [td].427[/td] [td]Opp FG%:[/td] [td].435[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RPG:[/td] [td]45.1[/td] [td]Opp RPG:[/td] [td]40.4[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td]http://www.nba.com/games/20071117/PHXHOU/preview.html#top
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]PPG[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]APG[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Barbosa, L[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]19.8[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td]3.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Nash, S[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]19.4[/td] [td]3.8[/td] [td]9.9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Marion, S[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]17.7[/td] [td]11.8[/td] [td]1.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Stoudemire, A[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]15.3[/td] [td]6.5[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Hill, G[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]14.1[/td] [td]5.2[/td] [td]2.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Bell, R[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]9.9[/td] [td]4.1[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Diaw, B[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]9.2[/td] [td]4.4[/td] [td]4.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Marks, S[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]6.5[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Banks, M[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]4.0[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]0.9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Piatkowski, E[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Skinner, B[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]2.3[/td] [td]3.3[/td] [td]0.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tucker, A[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Strawberry, D[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]1.7[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]0.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Head Coach:[/td] [td]Mike D'Antoni[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]
[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]PPG[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]APG[/td] [/tr][tr][td]McGrady, T[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]26.8[/td] [td]5.1[/td] [td]5.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ming, Y[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]24.0[/td] [td]10.3[/td] [td]3.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]James, M[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]10.1[/td] [td]2.2[/td] [td]2.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wells, B[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]9.2[/td] [td]7.0[/td] [td]1.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Battier, S[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]7.6[/td] [td]4.3[/td] [td]1.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Alston, R[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]6.8[/td] [td]3.1[/td] [td]4.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Snyder, K[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]5.0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Scola, L[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]3.9[/td] [td]3.7[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Hayes, C[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]3.6[/td] [td]7.2[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Head, L[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]2.2[/td] [td]0.9[/td] [td]1.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mutombo, D[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]2.2[/td] [td]0.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Head Coach:[/td] [td]Rick Adelman[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]

My two favorite teams in the League playing each other? I'm conflicted.
embarassed.gif

Get better soon T-Mac.
frown.gif

darn tmac could have played tonight, but the docs just wanted to be really cautious

[h3]T-Mac tonight -- the spirit is willing, but he'll sit again.[/h3]
Tracy McGrady wanted to play against the Suns. Rick Adelman wanted him in the lineup against the Suns.

But after McGrady pleaded his case and tried to talk himself back onto the court, the medical staff decided to take the cautiousroute and hold him out.

"He wants to play. He really wants to play and I want him to play," Adelman said. "But the doctor just is notcomfortable. He's just thinking that if (McGrady) gets a couple more days, it's gonna be a lot smarter and wiser on our part. So that's whatwe're gonna do. We're not gonna take the risk that something happens, especially when we have three days off after tonight."

Adelman said he'll likely use a different starting lineup against the Suns, pairing Rafer Alston with Mike James to open thegame and returning Bonzi Wells to the bench.

"That's what I'm leaning to do," Adelman said. "I had talked to Bonzi about that, starting him last night(in San Antonio) and going smaller today. Of course, I thought I had Tracy until just now."

The Suns will also be missing a starter with Raja Bell sitting. He re-injured a sprained ankle in the Suns last game againstChicago. Could that doom Shane Battier to an evening of chasing the speedy Leandro Barbosa?

"That's a tough matchup," Adelman said. "That kid is so fast. I guess we'll have to go out and do somewind-sprints and some defensive slides to see who will have the chance to play him."

Originally Posted by bonafide125

Props on that link man

that means he'll play next wednesday v. dallas for sure. so 6-5 when he comes back. we won't be .500 so that's all good
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bonafide125

^Do you think we'll beat dallas if JET plays?

yup i fear jet. but we beat dallas b4. just try to double him and make dirk beat us. yup thats right, let dirk prove he can beat us on a consistent basis.outside of that 53 pt explosion a few yrs ago, he has sucked against our defense.

I see Yao getting 30, 15 and 3 blocks in this game. He always plays well against the Suns and Amare seems to get in foul trouble a lot guarding him.

amare needs to work on his PFs for real tho. i'm only watching cuz he's playing.. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

nice block tho earlier.. by both marion and stat

LOL @ that über-flop by Scola and then the hyped Rockets bench coming to help him up as if he made some great play.

Hopefully Francis takes some of Alston minutes. I see why Adelman was benching Steve for all those games because he looked a bit overweight. Nevertheless, noway should Alston be getting more PT than Francis.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

LOL @ that über-flop by Scola and then the hyped Rockets bench coming to help him up as if he made some great play.
Rockets bench is
pimp.gif

They're basically up all game rooting their guys on.

Also, anybody else notice how horrible Bonzi is at point blank range around the rim?
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom