Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Originally Posted by qksLvrtypeS

3069787657_7b7be849fc.jpg
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

My high school art teacher bought me one of these on his trip to Hawaii.

I cant help decide between canon xsi or canon xs
someone please help me! i have done my research and narrowed it down to these

airjordanjack & Rap Sizzle thank you for answering my impracticable questions.I greatly appreciate the time and effort you guys put in to answer the questions that were right in front of my face the whole time. Now that I know a littledeal on the subject I'll do some research of my own to elaborate and answer more questions I may have. Hopefully if I get my facts straight I cancontribute some of my work to this thread. Once again thanks guys.

Originally Posted by shakaraka

I cant help decide between canon xsi or canon xs
someone please help me! i have done my research and narrowed it down to these
I was just in the same boat as yourself. I decided on the XS simply b/c I could get it for $200 less than the XSI and couln't justify thatmuch more for some of the "minor" improvements in the XSI. Sure, I would have loved the 3" diaplay and the 3.5fps burst capability, but IMO,those were not worth it to me to justify spending a full $200 more on the XSI.

can someone help me choose a camera. im trying to get a camera for my girl for christmas and she loves photography, but wants to start off with a digitalcamera and work her way up. a few weeks back she was looking at these two cameras, and i dont know which one is better. the ones she was looking at were :

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W170
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8746743&type=product&id=1202649178672http://www.bestbuy.com/si...duct&id=1202649178672

or

Canon PowerShot SD880IS
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8968325&type=product&id=1217029965521http://www.bestbuy.com/si...duct&id=1217029965521

so can i get some feedback on which is a better camera and possibly why, thanks

^ I'd say just save up an extra couple hundred and get her a DSLR. if she loves photography then she won't mind it. get something easy to handle like aD40 or something that still has regular point and shoot settings. and as stated before, if she really loves phtography then she'll want to upgrade soonerthan she might think.

just my thoughts on it

Oh lord, I thought I went crazy with my 40D gear back in the summer...now I've taken it to another level. All in one night, I picked up...

Canon 5D + BG-E4
EF 24-70mm f/2.8
EF 85mm f/1.2
Lowepro Stealth Reporter D650 AW
Lowepro Light Waistbelt + Lens case 4s

Not as many items but I say it's one hell of an upgrade.

SaNTi0321: Nice Pictures.What do you think about the D90 ? is there anything you dontlike ?
I got the D60 ( just bought it a few months ago ) and im thinking about selling it and buy me the D90.Is 800$ a good price ?
( 750 shutter actuations .comes with original packaging, a 4gb memory card and a small camera bag.BODY ONLY )

There is nothing I dislike about the camera. Some people dont like the Video mode too much, but I didn't buy it for its video capabilities. I just take itas icing on the cake. $800 is a decent deal, but I think you should be able to get it for around $850-$900 brand new through eBay with the live.com rebates.

thanks, Did you shoot the pictures on your profile with your D90 ? . Do anybody know a good place to sell my D60 ?

i have one more question does any one here have experience using polarized filters? circular or rectangular
where can i find a filter holder?

Can anyone recommend a good, bang-for-the-buck portrait lens for a 450D? I've been planning a trip out to BH for a while, but my busy schedule + theirridiculous hours has always gotten in the way.

I'm a casual user, and I have a lot of events coming up, and i'm looking for a good lens, prime or zoom. I know primes are much better, but sometimesit gets annoying when taking pics in semi-close quarters.

I'm not looking to spend too much, maybe $350 max. Any recommendations are welcome (except the 50mm f/1.8...already have that one).

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Can anyone recommend a good, bang-for-the-buck portrait lens for a 450D? I've been planning a trip out to BH for a while, but my busy schedule + their ridiculous hours has always gotten in the way.

I'm a casual user, and I have a lot of events coming up, and i'm looking for a good lens, prime or zoom. I know primes are much better, but sometimes it gets annoying when taking pics in semi-close quarters.

I'm not looking to spend too much, maybe $350 max. Any recommendations are welcome (except the 50mm f/1.8...already have that one).

(excuse my interjection) But Sais and I were having a similar conversation, just yesterday, about lens as to your sort of dilemma (arguably vastly differentbut still… a new lens) and the same suggestion. The 70-75 degree angle of view is a thing of beauty. And more to the point it's classic to larger formats(medium and large format film) w/ equivalent 40mm and 150mm respectively.

Do yourself a favor. The 28mm.

http://www.bhphotovideo.c...3_Wide_Angle_EF_28mm.html

Can anyone recommend a good, bang-for-the-buck portrait lens for a 450D? I've been planning a trip out to BH for a while, but my busy schedule + their ridiculous hours has always gotten in the way.

I'm a casual user, and I have a lot of events coming up, and i'm looking for a good lens, prime or zoom. I know primes are much better, but sometimes it gets annoying when taking pics in semi-close quarters.

If you can stretch your budget a little more, I suggest you pickup the Tamron 17-50mm. Reviews have shown it to be very sharp and excellent forits value. The only downside to it is that it has a really noisy and fairly annoying auto focus motor. If you're patient and are willing to find deals onphotography forums, getting lenses used is the best way to save money.

^^^^^I heard good stuff about that Tamron too. The noise for the auto focus really shouldn't a problem unless you are shooting somewhere quiet but you payfor what you get and the loud motor just means they used crappier material then its counterparts.

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

If you can stretch your budget a little more, I suggest you pickup the Tamron 17-50mm. Reviews have shown it to be very sharp and excellent for its value. The only downside to it is that it has a really noisy and fairly annoying auto focus motor. If you're patient and are willing to find deals on photography forums, getting lenses used is the best way to save money.

Thanks for the suggestion. I searched the Tamron on eBay and it's only $299.99 BIN, well within my budget...unless i'm looking at the wrong one.eBay's 30% cashback FTW.

ebayologist - Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely check that one out as well.

Back
Top Bottom