Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Originally Posted by M Eazy724

You like doing HDRs huh ..

All 3 are HDR's right? You might want to state that before you have this guys breaking their cams and lens wondering why cant they take pictures like that...

Here's a HDR
953669278_03f62a0711_b.jpg

BTW not my Picture but one of the reason I'm making time to visit there ..

I'm usually all about taking pictures even if its a little cold outside ... but last night, I don't think i be doing that again .. by the time I walkedfrom my car to the destination - My hands were frozen .. barely snapped a few pics and bounce to the movies ... i didn't realize it was 15 degrees ...

here's the picture I manage to take of the World Ball in Queens ..

3204483056_75ddafbfe9_o.jpg

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

i like that 1st picture .. doesnt look like a pano but is it?

anyone that has done pano heres a question .. when u do panos you and go from left to right or vice versa .. can you zoom at anytime or would that mess the paso .. do you think ps would make the adjustment necessarry to stich them up also last night i tired doind a pano and when i came home i notice on the right side i had more of the land and when it was done one the left side i had no land and more sky .. can i zoom out on that part to compensate and would ps recognize or do i need to tak additional pictures
dude im addicted to doing panos. I do panos all day any day...lol.
here's what i usually do.

- use auto mode to take a couple of pictures first if the pics look good on the screen...I'll copy those same setting in manual mode and adjust from there(at night), and during the day i just use the no-flash mode and snap the pics with out a tripod, I usually just adjust the white balance and exposure comp whenim shooting outside and theres a lot of light available.

from what i read, im not sure if you used a tripod when you took your pictures? If you did, do you have a leveller? or did you take them with different zoomsetting?
tongue.gif

I'll try to help you out. When snapping your pics, watch the leveller and make sure that you are taking them at the same level. (I suck at thesephotography terms). As for PS CS3, they stepped up their pano game...its a lot easier and its faster and aligns/crops/stiches them better as well. as longas you use the same "zoom" setting (i dont know the actual term) you should be fine. never take them on auto-focus. after choosing your zoomsetting, manual focus and remember to focus lock afterwards.
You can take panos left to right or right to left...doesnt really matter. But i like taking my panos left to right and vertically.

I cant remember what kdwallace and mr.fong told me exactly word for word and i tried to explain it to you from what i can remember and what i do know now. Kudos to both of them for helping me out back then.
pimp.gif

not sure if that made any sense...im still a little intoxicated.

Originally Posted by i just got lucky

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

i like that 1st picture .. doesnt look like a pano but is it?

anyone that has done pano heres a question .. when u do panos you and go from left to right or vice versa .. can you zoom at anytime or would that mess the paso .. do you think ps would make the adjustment necessarry to stich them up also last night i tired doind a pano and when i came home i notice on the right side i had more of the land and when it was done one the left side i had no land and more sky .. can i zoom out on that part to compensate and would ps recognize or do i need to tak additional pictures
dude im addicted to doing panos. I do panos all day any day...lol.
here's what i usually do.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]- use auto mode to take a couple of pictures first if the pics look good on the screen...I'll copy those same setting in manual mode and adjust from there (at night)[/color], and during the day i just use the no-flash mode and snap the pics with out a tripod, I usually just adjust the white balance and exposure comp when im shooting outside and theres a lot of light available.

from what i read, im not sure if you used a tripod when you took your pictures? If you did, do you have a leveller? or did you take them with different zoom setting?
tongue.gif

I'll try to help you out. When snapping your pics, watch the leveller and make sure that you are taking them at the same level. (I suck at these photography terms). As for PS CS3, they stepped up their pano game...its a lot easier and its faster and aligns/crops/stiches them better as well. as long as you use the same "zoom" setting (i dont know the actual term) you should be fine. never take them on auto-focus. after choosing your zoom setting, manual focus and remember to focus lock afterwards.
You can take panos left to right or right to left...doesnt really matter. But i like taking my panos left to right and vertically.

I cant remember what kdwallace and mr.fong told me exactly word for word and i tried to explain it to you from what i can remember and what i do know now. Kudos to both of them for helping me out back then.
pimp.gif

not sure if that made any sense...im still a little intoxicated.
Just use manual mode and the cameras light meter. Works better, word to
3154497447_d16b16f2cc.jpg

Just got my large format lens in the mail. Canadian shipping is the worst thing ever. Nothing about Expedite Mail was expedited.
smh.gif

img0609tj1.jpg

Also figured I'd share my view from New York from last week.
panorama1xc2.jpg

Originally Posted by ebayologist

Just got my large format lens in the mail. Canadian shipping is the worst thing ever. Nothing about Expedite Mail was expedited.
smh.gif
You do understand that the packages go through customs and are sometimes held there for days right? Besides USPS isn't anything to talk abouteither. Those bastards lost my EF 85mm f/1.2L II.

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

Originally Posted by ebayologist

smh.gif
You do understand that the packages go through customs and are sometimes held there for days right? Besides USPS isn't anything to talk about either. Those bastards lost my EF 85mm f/1.2L II.

I get EMS from Japan in 2-3 days don't give me this customs BS. Canada post is the dust.
laugh.gif

eBay or Rap ..

Do any of you or anyone up in here for that matter knows how to get rid of the WA distortion? Someone notice it on my pictures and I'm starting to see whatthey were talking about .. like on your pic eBay - the buildings are a little tilted inboard because of it ...

http://www.khulsey.com/photoshop_tutorials/photoshop-lens-distortion-correction.htmlhttp://www.khulsey.com/ph...istortion-correction.html

Barrel distortion isn't too much of a big deal for me unless it's for portrait. It can look weird when stitching multiple photos to create a panoramathough. For those asking, panoramas are best shot in manual and on portrait orientation. This way you can get much more of the sky plus more space to crop. Isuggest investing in a RRS L-bracket or a 3-way pan tilt head.

why portrait orientation? I been shooting landscape orientation ...

also my question was more of if I zoom in and out during pano with PS recognize the zooming and adjust someone said no ..

my other question was do I need to do pano left to right or vice versa and then up or down left to right? because some panos I find myself with more water/landin one side and more landmark/sky in the other ... thats my real question!

Rap thanks on the site .. I will be reading this more in depth when I have time!

Like I said, portrait orientation allows you to capture more of the sky or water. It requires more shots but it gives you a larger resolution thus allowing youto crop more.

While photoshop does a pretty good job stitching images, it's still best to shoot your images with a fixed focal length. Changing the focal length canactually affect the barrel distortion, with the wider end being more distorted. If you shoot portrait, you should be able to crop out the distortion whichmainly occurs on the edges.

Sup everyone. I had a quick, stupid, question. What is the main difference between a fisheye lens that is not circular, and a ultra wide angle? Is there any?For example, would there be more distortion on a lens labeled as a "fisheye" set at the same focal length as one labeled as "wide angle"?Thanks!

Looks like a lot of you live in downtown of big cities. View from my place
smile.gif

^ I believe it was explained in an earlier page but fisheye and ultra-wide angles are not the same. Fisheye lenses are made specifically for that extremebarrel distortion while UW lenses are made to have as little distortion as possible.

Fisheye:
15mm.gif

Ultra-wide Angle:
10mm_distortion.png

Note: the effect of the barrel distortion on a fisheye is much more pronounced on a full-frame than on cropped sensors.

so im going to Cali this spring break and i'm gonna be taking a lot of pictures.

i wanna carry around with me an 18-55 kit on the body, and a fisheye and a 50mm.

i was thinkin, look mad tourist and put these lenses in a fanny pack? haha north face?

any suggestions? i dont want to carry around a backpack.

^ Gabe, check out the Lowepro Nova 2 or 3 depending if you decide to bring your telephoto. You can get them fairly cheap from the SellnSend store on eBay.

Oh and my condolence on the breakup.

yeah im gonna bring the telephoto to cali, but i just wont be carrying it around.

thanks bro
frown.gif
it sucks

do any of you use a dry box to store your camera and/or lenses?

not to sound stupid but i just found out about such a thing...

^^ I never heard of it .. I just keep my lenses in a ziplock bag in the original box same with the body ...

^^ nah i havent heard of a 'dry box'. I keep all my lenses and my camera body inside my camera bag at all times. I picked up the Tamrac Adventure 9 afew months ago.

When you say dry box, do you mean like a pelican case? If that's what you mean then yes, I know a handful people mostly people with large format cameras orextensive medium format system cameras i.e. hasselblads or mamiyas and/or people with strobe kits that they take everywhere that have like custom cut highdensity foam cases for their cameras, lens, strobes etc..

Back
Top Bottom