Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

^It's crooked big cat. Very crooked. So much so I think it's better when I turn my laptop on it's side. You can get away with askew portraits aslike informality or spontaneity of the shot/composition. What amount to landscapes? Not so much. It's a still landscape, probably nothing about it changedfrom when you came upon it and when you left and it's probably unless the weather has changed still quite similar. That should be like signifier to takeyour time and compose the shot. It's like pretty set in stone construct of the landscape that they be level with the horizon, at least to some degreeunless something in the frame forces a spontaneity of composition i.e. like a bird, but then you could really make an argument it's no longer a landscape.

^^hey thanks a lot man! i just turned my laptop on its side and it did look better
laugh.gif

I did the dumbest $#*% yesterday...

I left Japan and I'm Guam at the moment...well a couple of my friends and I went hiking yesterday (climbed down a mountain) to find a hidden beach in theisland...about 45 minutes we found the beach. Nice rock formations, sunset, just a beautiful scene. You know me and taking panos. I was so excited to takethem...I even did it 3 times just in case. Guess what I did. I forgot to change the my settings and I was shooting the AF on.

Lighting was off, the sky was over exposed, pretty much everything that can go wrong, went wrong...
smh.gif
and i didnt shoot them in raw.

pwned.

now i have to hike another 45 minutes down the mountain and the jungle to take those same pictures. n00b cakes FTL.

post the pano you did just to see whats good then hit us with the remaster version .. plus 45 minute hike aint bad .. you should be taking pictures of thataswell ..

you know its funny because for my 1st pano I adjusted my focus on all 3 shots .. I was saying to my self how can the focus be in focus for all three shotssince Im shooting from right to left and the right was a little closer to me than the left .. so everytime I panned I got the focus and shot ...

so was I doing it wrong? non of the pictures came out blurry ...

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

oh wow .. are you guys watching the amount of canon product being use in the inauguration? I'm still trying to spot the Nikon users ..
tongue.gif
me too... i don't think there are many.. maybe i chose the wrong team
laugh.gif
... no not that... i'm talking about brands

mr fongstarrr sick pics.. i like the last one alot

obie21... i like the one of the cop van and grand central

Originally Posted by kdwallace

Originally Posted by rizobs

any tips or tricks?
I quite like both of your shots - technically they're good but I would have included a bit more of the ground - that would just make it more balanced IMO.
i totally agree with you. i actually cropped this photo. i couldnt really include more of the bottom half because i was shooting over a car andbehind a fence. that was the best angle i could get. thanks for the feedback tho

I need to post some of my more recent works. In my photography class last semester, we were messing with photoshop and made Kaleidoscopes and Mirrored Images.I'll post some soon.
New semester, so hopefully I can contribute more soon. I've been lazy lately and haven't done much shooting at all.

termanology27 i like pic #1 best - I think the B&W goes well with it .. the Bush's pictures coming second ..

i do have a question what camera was you shooting with and is the vignetting intentionally done by you?

dope photos termanology but it really bugs me how you or a bunch of others here (particularly those who use Flickr) use the resized images and the Exif datacannot be read. If you guys can't be bothered resizing manually then at least provide a link to your Flickr account so others can see your Exif data.

Rap - I was thinking about that the other day .. mainly because sometimes I hate when people ask me with what I took a particular picture and I have to openthe raw file to do it .. I edit and resize my pictures with CS4 then I use the resize photo and upload them to Flickr .. I'm not sure where at do I loosethe Exif data .. my question is, how do I keep it in tact?

Thanks everyone. I used a D70.
I know what you mean Rap Sizzle.
laugh.gif
I posted them up in a rush so I just used the resized url.
I'll edit it soon so you'll be able to read the Exif data.

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

Rap - I was thinking about that the other day .. mainly because sometimes I hate when people ask me with what I took a particular picture and I have to open the raw file to do it .. I edit and resize my pictures with CS4 then I use the resize photo and upload them to Flickr .. I'm not sure where at do I loose the Exif data .. my question is, how do I keep it in tact?
The original (the largest) file which you upload to Flickr should have the Exif data intact. All the files I upload to photobucket/Flickr isweb-friendly so whatever original file is uploaded...that's the one I post on here and in my blog. If you select the smaller sizes in Flickr, those photosdo not contain the Exif data...and yes you're right...it would save us all a bunch of time, rather than having to constantly ask what camera body, lens,focal length and etc. was used for a particular shot.

^ Rap...thanks. I was just to ask that same question that elboriqua asked.

I'm not sure how it happens aswell...but my laptop reads the exif data on some of my pictures and sometimes it doesnt. But when i load them to my flickr,some of the exif data remains and some will be lost. I dont get it. Even if I dont PS my pictures except for resize...some of the EXIF data gets lost.

Is it possible because I always use a different layer for my border?

I also got another question for you (or anyone else who might know), what does the 3 digits mean after a lens for example I got a Sigma 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6(o6o) ...not the exact number but what the hell does o6o mean? my friend told me its the focal lenght. is a higher number or a lower number be better?

Back
Top Bottom