Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Kick I didn't shoot with a tripod because I was just driving around and decided to stop and take a few pictures .. No cops around but I didn't feellike taking the tripod out .. I should of - 1/8 1/13 sucks when it comes to sharpness ... but they came out decent I guess ...

SaNti - I read the reviews and I also read a lot of people with the camera that swore by it and etc etc etc .. now that I have it I'm like damn .. what isit .. to late now .. I'll probably end up selling it soon and moving on to a FF 5D or 5D II ...

Regardless - I know the body is not going to make as much of a difference as a lens .. so I'm also considering that ....

some random shitty ones

3331924189_a87f947b87_b.jpg

3331927503_004641dcf9.jpg

3331789945_4192bd080b.jpg

3332514870_2c3bae44c2.jpg

3332514560_5fdb8d1b76.jpg
3331678931_a5ed6509a4.jpg

3331677229_dc9c41c6c4.jpg
3332626512_d7f995acdf.jpg

3331674541_f9a7545d6e.jpg
3332510194_d22b343d12.jpg

3331674761_9403309f7c.jpg

3332510024_ae72ab4a4b_b.jpg

for some reason this is my favorite shot of the day
3331924591_227ab1d987_o.jpg

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo HUMMmmmmm... did we conclude the next assignment is a portrait and when is it due?
smile.gif

Damn quick that's some niice weather you are having out there ..

How about we trade homie ... Show you how we east coast cats do it ....

3333328942_981cca74f3.jpg

3333329350_331bc9dce1.jpg

3333329950_2824a16cfc.jpg

3332493983_5498f12784.jpg

3333330552_2bcf0be1b7.jpg

3332497287_743de59fcd_b.jpg

elboricua, that abe lincoln shot has some nice color contrast with the background. i dont think any of the pics are overly noisy

qksLvrtypeS, i like the one with the cat. just the red car in the back is out of place.

are we posting portraits today?

elboricua6, I love the way your photo turns out and the contrst of the color. How do you get that color..? it looks so symbolic.. if that even make sense.. andalso what camera do you use?

haha sorry for so many questions.. im new to the photography scene.. thanks the help! :]

Let's turn in the portraits on Sunday instead of Saturday. I plan on shooting my cousin on Saturday night but probably won't post till Sunday. Justmake it on a consistent Sunday basis so we don't have to keep asking when we are showing stuff.

This will be quit interesting for me seeing how I don't even have a proper lens for it and my light system will be pretty ghetto. I am going to have to dosome research on the internet and the bookstore to pull this one off.

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

3333328942_981cca74f3.jpg

3333329350_331bc9dce1.jpg

3333329950_2824a16cfc.jpg

3332493983_5498f12784.jpg

3333330552_2bcf0be1b7.jpg

3332497287_743de59fcd_b.jpg
Absolute dope...

Originally Posted by Drameezy

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

Absolute dope...

cosign
pimp.gif

quick question when you guys are out shooting in public, taking pictures or random people do you ask there pemission first?

I think if you come off as a professional and say some bull that you are shooting for...say a school magazine or whatever, people should be cool with it. Ithink it would be weird (unless you have a good zoom lens) just to snap someone for no reason unless they are drawing attention to themselves like some streetperformer or whatever. My friend in college even did this whole series of photos of bums and he just gave them like a $1 to shoot a photo of them or whatever.

Originally Posted by LAzianBoi

elboricua6, I love the way your photo turns out and the contrst of the color. How do you get that color..? it looks so symbolic.. if that even make sense.. and also what camera do you use?

haha sorry for so many questions.. im new to the photography scene.. thanks the help! :]
I don't know really man .. When you guys talk to me about color contrast and stuff like that in all honesty I'm lost .. The photos of themonuments for the most part came out just like that .. I did minimal PP on them .. the ones from the snow storm I work with them until I found something that Iliked and work and then repeat it for the rest .. tweaking here and there .. so what I do is from what I see/feel/like ..

Snow shows using XSi with Canon 10-22mm - Monument XSi with Canon 17-55IS ... no worries about the question .. pretty soon imma be asking you stuff . lol

Drameezy wrote:
Absolute dope...

Thanks man .. Glad you enjoyed it ...
akf0dy7 wrote:

cosign
pimp.gif

quick question when you guys are out shooting in public, taking pictures or random people do you ask there pemission first?

Thanks man ...

For the most part if I know the person is going to see me or there's no way to avoid it - I will ask them to take a picture .. sometimes I can just takepictures and people don't mind because is NYC and thats what people do .. mind their business and keep it moving .. for these I use a 10-22 so I had to befairly close to them however, being that it was a snow storm I don't even think the realized what I was doing .. they just wanted to keep on moving .. butyeah .. I just don't randomly go to a person and shoot and keep it moving unless I know that person ain't going to see me ..

Like Mr Fon said ..sometimes I walk with a pocket full of change so whenever I see that bum with the cool sign I can give him some coins for a few pictures ..
wink.gif

Mr Fongstarr wrote:
Let's turn in the portraits on Sunday instead of Saturday. I plan on shooting my cousin on Saturday night but probably won't post till Sunday. Just make it on a consistent Sunday basis so we don't have to keep asking when we are showing stuff.

This will be quit interesting for me seeing how I don't even have a proper lens for it and my light system will be pretty ghetto. I am going to have to do some research on the internet and the bookstore to pull this one off.

So we are working around your schedule huh ...
tongue.gif

You had me rushing all day to find someone to post for me and I had to call someone to come down from 35 miles away and now this .. lol .. just kidding man ..well mines are ready and as good as they going to get because I'm not shooting them all over again ..

I knew someone was going to catch me on that. Haha! But whatevers clever. I can turn it in on Saturday but it will be mad late at night....which is why Ibrought up the idea of just keeping it on Sunday but since this isn't school or whatever, I can turn it in late.

I did some e-research on some compositions or whatever for portraits and I got a lot of ideas for this project. I think i am going to do the experimental routeand shoot something different.......

We can leave it for Sunday .. That's actually better .. Like that we all know that every Sunday we have something to post . instead of changing the dayevery time...

Damn this thing hasnt moved on?? WTH is going on guys ........

Anyway, this hobby is taking to much money off my pockets and Im a little confused ... I'm a spending spree and I need to find a end sometime soon ....UGH!!!

Im starting to think there is such thing as Karma .. A few days back I lost on 4 5D's trying to help people out and I was a little upset that I couldnt getone .. So I decided to purchase the 50D, but then I was/am a little dissapointed at the 50D but maybe its just me and not the camera .. anyways I was wishing Ihad pulled the trigger on the 5D .. Fast forward to now ..

3333863045_71d80faba6.jpg

3333863275_2acae4c630.jpg

3334698520_1210e8594e.jpg

karma paid out $2278 for a Brand New 5D w/ kit lens (24-105 f/4 L) and a 4 year warranty that include free sensor cleaning ($30 now being charge at Canon) andis cover against anything exept water damage (I think) .. that deal cant be beat IMO .... YAY!!!!!!

P.S. Plus I put it on the card .. 18 month interest free!!!!

SaNTi0321 wrote:
Wealthy bastards...
laugh.gif
mad.gif

roll.gif

Wealthy?? Far from it .. I just have a JOB - I'm already older, so once in a while I like to treat myself and if I couldnt do that .. I def didnt dosomething right along the way .. I be independent since I was 17 (leaving on my own) .... Plus this wasn't paid cash .. read !!!!

Anyways, these come with some sacrifices ... I know I will have to give up something ... I just don't know when or what and I'm going to buy that 851.2 II .. You will see that's my quest .. now if Rap only took a payment plan .. hahaha!!!!

Hell dont be surprice if I put all my BS kicks that I dont use for sale at 50% off retail ....

Even the ones I have on my sig I have collecting dust .. didnt even know what I had put there until now that I decided to read .. wow ...

Whats with the emphasis on "Job?"
laugh.gif
I work too, mang.

Do your thing man, dope gear.

man i went to circuit city earlier to see if i would get lucky and get some camera gear. all the stuff they had was crap
laugh.gif
they had like 4 cds. a whole wallof blank dvd's and some usb cables. i was hoping for a tri pod or something at least.

Back
Top Bottom