Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

you need a tripod regardless of the IS for many reasons .. IS still aint going to fix blur for pictures that need sec exposures in low light .. same thing goesfor flash .. however with flash u will need a difuser and learn how to add light to your imaages from fill light to just light to get an image .. more thanwhat i know right now

Originally Posted by KlassSickFresh 87

Do people still use a tripod with an Image Stabilizer lens or is the point of having an IS lens is to not use a tripod?
Yes, some IS-equipped lenses (1st generation IS) require the IS to be turned off when mounted on a tripod, or the IS will behave erratically andadd blur to the image. Lenses with 2nd gen IS (from what I've heard) can notice that when it's mounted on a tripod and will turn the IS off on it'sown. These are the lenses that have 2nd generation IS (source):

EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 DO IS USM
EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM
EF 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6L IS USM
EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM
EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
EF 300mm f/4L IS USM
EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM
EF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM
EF 400mm f/4 DO IS USM
EF 500mm f/4L IS USM
EF 600mm f/4L IS USM
EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM
EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM

(searching ftw)

What is the cheapest IS lenses for the Canon? Also what would be some good quality lenses for around $300?

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

you need a tripod regardless of the IS for many reasons .. IS still aint going to fix blur for pictures that need sec exposures in low light .. same thing goes for flash .. however with flash u will need a difuser and learn how to add light to your imaages from fill light to just light to get an image .. more than what i know right now

thanks that's exactly what i needed to know.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

What is the cheapest IS lenses for the Canon? Also what would be some good quality lenses for around $300?
18-55mm IS.

Nifty fifty is a must have. Run you about $90.

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

18-55mm IS.

where is it for $90? Appreciate it!

also, is this the same lense that comes with the XSi?

^ I didn't see any 35mm shots in that last post!
laugh.gif
i know, i know.... here are some... obv not mine http://www.flickr.com/groups/afsnikkor35mm18/, http://www.flickr.com/groups/nikond40d60nikkor35mmf18dxafs/, http://www.flickr.com/groups/nikon35/

18-55mm IS.

I sold mines or 80 bucks and I know I could of have it for 110 ... You need to search ... CL - eBay - Amazon - B&H - Adorama .. those are places you needto start checking out .. also look into the 55-250 IS which is about 200 and its a very good lens for the price!

ok, so I created a Flickr account and uploaded a couple photos, where do I find the link so that I can post the picture on forums/blog
nerd.gif

edit: figured it out...
smh.gif
at photobucket's quality

3358453160_dd2ec10c07.jpg

For the person that was wanting to know something about pictures in the club ..

Here are a few man ..

3357885721_90641d903a.jpg

3357886269_b792786776.jpg

3357884913_ca4bcd685d.jpg

3358703432_725b2a0ef6.jpg

3357885119_c8f1018f8f.jpg

3357886625_47684761cc.jpg

C&C if ya care too ..

ALso I have a few pictures for macro, but I dont think they are macro so I rather not ...

dude are u sure about photobucket?

i use PB as well, and i dont seem to have that problem

18-55mm IS.

Personally I think the kit lenses are crap. If I were you I'd get some primes. 50mm 1.4 or 85mm 1.8. Those are the lenses I started out with.Or the nifty fifty is pretty good for the price.

Originally Posted by CDub Yo

ok, so I created a Flickr account and uploaded a couple photos, where do I find the link so that I can post the picture on forums/blog
nerd.gif

edit: figured it out...
smh.gif
at photobucket's quality

3358453160_dd2ec10c07.jpg
Let me see you post the same resolution. A smaller resized version of any photo will make it look sharper. I use Photobucket and I do not see anydegrading of image quality.

The image did become more clear with a smaller resolution, but even a larger Flickr photo comes out better than the previous Photobucket one...

Smaller Photobucket Res:

Larger Flickr res:
3358453160_dd2ec10c07_b.jpg

Originally Posted by cronicmole

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by kicks67

SlowZEbra wrote:

[image]

embarassed.gif
eek.gif
iv never seen any thing so purple
eek.gif
eek.gif
smokin.gif

I don't know why (maybe cause I am not exposed to it that much) but pictures of drugs are just kind of surreal to me. Like my school mag at the time did an article on this heroin addict and they took all these photos of stuff she uses and it looked like it came out of a movie. I would love to do a photo shoot with a drug cartel or something like City of God......

eek.gif
eek.gif
INFO ON THAT NOW?What city how much which strand name its beautiful, I hope u didnt photoshop that haze

well herb isnt as broad as H, but i get what you are sayin.

nope no PS, only slight contrast change.

and flickr is dope, been using it since 06.

that's some nice lookin bud SlowZEbra, bet it smoked real nice.. anyways, flickr's the way to go, try going pro (i don't use flickr pro bc i'mdead broke and can't afford it).. haven't really been on lately, what's been happening, was today's theme macro or something? i didn'treally read through all the pages, just skimmed

I vote we have a Photobucket v. Flickr side-by-side comparison from anyone who has both to settle it once and for all...

and for my own sick pleasure. Something about flickr's photos does seem to be better...but I don't know. Anyways, I'm on Spring Break and my laptopcharger has died. Happy I picked up that 2GB card right before I left. It's definitely getting used.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo IS it safe to say the Macro idea was a bad one and mostly everyone that participatedidn't do it??? I know I had a couple of ideas and to my surprise wifey had a Macro lens on her film SLR that worked on my dSLR which I was excited aboutusing BUT I just didn't have time this weekend. I was even reading on it, watchign vids, browsing Flickr for ideas and inspiration but just didnt effin doit...

SOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo did anyone else do it? If so, I can try tonight and up even later tonight OR should we tryto move on to the next "assignment" for this Sunday?

Any sugg.? Nightshot, Long Exposure, Architecture (sp), Music inspired shots, black and white, Sports (related, don't have to be pro, just friendsplaying Basketball or something), Action, Cars, Emotions (images showing people displaying anger, arguments, love, etc), Landscape, Old Folks, Kids, tattoos,Monuments/Landmarks, Sex appeal (lol), water related, slow/fast shutter speeds, your town/city (meaning something that makes you think "home")... Ireally dunnnoooooo just throwing stuff out there...

Back
Top Bottom