Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Took this a couple days ago
3356088366_4966032147.jpg

oh yea, here is my contribution to the macro/close up pic
3352955900_c5e9bfd3b6.jpg

i never seen something like that before .. sometimes I see stuff and I go to the place to take it just so I can have it and say I took it ..

i forgot to mention, i am impressed with the macros on here. i like the one with the legos because i am partial to any toys. i also like the shot of the keysand the water coming out of the faucet. that has always been hard for me to accomplish.

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

Originally Posted by SNEAK JR

this photo was taken on my cell phone "RANT" but edited on photobucket (maybe) i cheated

but the pic is hot dont you think.. solezonfroze being my big brother "RetroJTino"

I'll let Fong handle this one as his responses are usually the kindest and most well thought out.

Sir RnR: Why do your photos always look like they're taken of a model of a city? They're great, they just look like the model of a city.

Haha! Thanks.....I ma just content and I think there is always room for improvement. So let me take crack at this really quick......

But yo...Sneak Jr......a questions to answer your questions....why do you think your photo is hot? Without even really dissecting it, let's just say as arule of thumb, anything that comes out a phone will most likely not be a good photo. I may stand corrected with todays technology but just as a personalopinion of mine, telephone photography is almost up there with poloroid photography...they just all look bad to me. For one, the photo you took looks like theblur tool was used on it and what's bad is I bet it wasn't used. I'll give you props that you tried to get the depth of field going but the firstshoe is cut off so it just looks kind of off. I mean there is more to be said but I think the first thing to do is to just get a better camera.

And also on that note (and with other photos on here), we have to talk about just tagging photos too. What sometimes breaks some photos on here arepeople's tags they throw up. Okay...I do have a design degree but will willingly admit that I do not design and am getting rusty at it....but if there issomething I learned is to never use kooky online fonts and keep the lettering simple so as to not take away from your photo. San Serif fonts (fonts like arial,futura, helvetica.....all fonts that don't have the little serif to them like with Times) are the best, good logos look good and keep the wording to aminimum. I personally hate it when people have "photography" in there tags and just like it with people's names......and also no tag at all looksthe best but I know people are quick to copyright their stuff.

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

yo termon do you have a studio in dc?
No, I wish I did though. I've been using a studio that my school provided and hopefully soon I'll be able to buy my own strobe kit.

can anybody tell me how to add text to my pictues. i just want something simple that says "rizobs" on each of my pictures

anything easy would be helpful. i dont touch PS and do very little post production work to my shots. thanks to anyone who can provide help

I personally hate it when people have "photography" in there tags and just like it with people's names.....

That always cracks me up. If you're good it's pretentious and if you're not it just makes you look silly.

I don't put tags because I found a font or something that works, plus I doubt my work is good enough to be stolen .. LOL .. not that is a reason fortagging but thats my logic ... If I was able to make something hot I'll tag my pictures ...

Originally Posted by kdawg

I personally hate it when people have "photography" in there tags and just like it with people's names.....
That always cracks me up. If you're good it's pretentious and if you're not it just makes you look silly.
I don't see what's wrong with tagging one's pictures no matter how good or bad you think their work is. They took the shot andtherefore have full copyright of the image. Also, it's a good way to get a photographer's name out there. For those of you who tag your pics, whetheryou're starting off or not, don't be turned off by such comments. Some of your photos may be passed around and used without your consent. Placing awatermark does not make you look better than everyone, it's just a way for others to recognize that a photo is indeed yours.

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

^^Good Point ... Now if you could make me a hot sig, I'll be in debt ..
tongue.gif
haha, I'll get back to you on that tonight but it really would be best if you could design one yourself so that you can create it as an actionon PS. Right now I've got a Chicago food trip to go on.

Back
Top Bottom