Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Been on such a photog slump as of late. Can't seem to shoot with with a straight lens since I always ***** up my fisheye lens all the time. Anyways...goodstuff from everyone. Some Toon photos from Friday:

its-showtime-1.jpg

its-showtime-2.jpg

its-showtime-3.jpg

its-showtime-4.jpg

its-showtime-8.jpg

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Been on such a photog slump as of late. Can't seem to shoot with with a straight lens since I always ***** up my fisheye lens all the time. Anyways...good stuff from everyone. Some Toon photos from Friday:

its-showtime-1.jpg

its-showtime-2.jpg

its-showtime-3.jpg

its-showtime-4.jpg

its-showtime-8.jpg
Great shots Fongster, love the colors! Which lens is this?

^^^The only one that I use...the Nikon 10.5mm Fisheye. If I can do it, I am going to save up for a Tokina 11-16mm but my funds are kind of shot right now.

Originally Posted by RiKaN HaVoK

Fong, how much a tatto from that guy runs? Aint he like one of the best??

Yeah...Mister Cartoon is good but I am sure people will say he isn't the best. I ma sure you might know (or not) that he tatted 50 Cent, Eminem and JustinTimberlake to name a few. If you got the money and the hook-up, I am sure he can tat you up but I am sure there is a long waiting list to do so. But aside fromhis tattoing, the guy had to have been one of the nicest guys ever. There was literally no line at all at this signing so I spoke a few words and took apicture and he was just so cool about it.

nice stuff in here.

i did a shoot for this girl and i think it came out alright but im still a amatuer. i was hoping you guys can give me any advice on anything i need to do better. here is the whole set: flickr

Mr Fongstarr I must say your pics are making me seriously consider buying the 10.5 fisheye. I just feel like I wouldn't make enough use out of it though.Ilove my 35mm 1.8g though, thanks to those who recommended it, I believe it was santi.

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

Mr Fongstarr I must say your pics are making me seriously consider buying the 10.5 fisheye. I just feel like I wouldn't make enough use out of it though.I love my 35mm 1.8g though, thanks to those who recommended it, I believe it was santi.
the 10.5 is a MUST have lens :tongue:

it's real easy to use, and makes any subject interesting.

Originally Posted by mjbetch

Mr Fongstarr I must say your pics are making me seriously consider buying the 10.5 fisheye. I just feel like I wouldn't make enough use out of it though.I love my 35mm 1.8g though, thanks to those who recommended it, I believe it was santi.

I'll rent it out over a weekend, it runs about $600?

Originally Posted by mjbetch

I'll rent it out over a weekend, it runs about $600?
yeah it's liek $600 to purchase, and definitely a lot cheaper to rent for a weekend.

It's a great lens. Dare I say it can even make any photographer shoot half decent photos (or at least interesting ones anyway). But I found mine onCraigslist for $500 so that should be the average price ranging from that to $600. Renting it is a good way to test it out. At first you might hate it causecoming from a 35mm, you going to feel kind of odd getting in other people's dome piece just to get a photo. But it is a great lens and I honestly prettymuch got into photography cause of fisheye lenses and skateboard photography. You won't be disappointed.

It's a great lens. Dare I say it can even make any photographer shoot half decent photos (or at least interesting ones anyway). But I found mine on Craigslist for $500 so that should be the average price ranging from that to $600. Renting it is a good way to test it out. At first you might hate it cause coming from a 35mm, you going to feel kind of odd getting in other people's dome piece just to get a photo. But it is a great lens and I honestly pretty much got into photography cause of fisheye lenses and skateboard photography. You won't be disappointed.
I have a sigma 10mm for my canon xti and love the fisheye effect. I have to admit that I don't use it quite as much as I did when I firstbought it, but I'm still happy I have one. Renting one would be a great idea to see if you like it and/or you think you will use it very often.

The 7D MIGHT even rival the 5D. I know tons of people that got the 5D just for video, and the 7D video is somewhat better, minus the full frame advantage. Fullmanual control, 30fps @ Full HD, 60fps @ 1280x720.

Oh and another plus on the 10.5mm fisheye lenses......if you have a D90 or a T1i (probably looks smoother on the T1i since it is 30 fps), it is super dope to shoot video.

All In A Nights Work from Fongstarr on Vimeo.

I had the Sigma 8mm f3.5, just sold it to buy a Vagabond II.� Here is what it looked like on FF (5D Mark II), and cropped

3734255504_ac03549289.jpg

3734255470_dfb0a6db0f.jpg

3734255536_7aa15ec3ca.jpg

3734255176_181eec5f56.jpg

Sold it cuz i really didn't use it much

Santi- Any word on price or when it will be available in stores to play with? I'm going to Best Buy today to play with the D300s but at 18mp and 30fpsvideo I might have to consider moving to the dark side.

The 7D cannot touch the 5DII.... Full frame is a HUGE necessity to professional photographers (i feel).

I was mainly refering to people who bight the 5D2 for video purposes. The 7D is some what more appealing since it has more video options. Full frame willalways be much better for photograpgers, so I agree that the 5D2 is still better.

Back
Top Bottom