Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

Originally Posted by DJ bana

Originally Posted by bobbytripledigits

bobby, awesome stuff.
what lens are you shooting with? (that last image is great, love the color and depth)

Those were all shot with my Canon 50mm L 1.2 . You shoot with the 35?
24 1.4L
on the list (in order)
135 f/2L
50 f/1.2L (although i may cop a zeiss)
35 f/1.4L

i love that lens. i user a friends 50 f/1.0L a few months ago.....
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
i'd do anything for that thing.

anything????
devil.gif
.. lol

Originally Posted by RiKaN HaVoK

bobby, awesome stuff.
what lens are you shooting with? (that last image is great, love the color and depth)

24 1.4L
on the list (in order)
135 f/2L
35 f/1.4L

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

anything????
devil.gif
.. lol
ha. i guess it depends on what anything entails and if the likelihood of getting the lens at the end is high.

and lovely new pics, love the second. great exposure work.

Seen this on a Flickr group...

A website that allows you to compare light shapers (modifiers) for those interested in lighting...

Link

and uh... guess the proposed challenge (previous page) is a no go with the thread?

bobby, awesome stuff.
24 1.4L
on the list (in order)
135 f/2L
35 f/1.4L

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
The 50 f/1.0L is practically a novelty item. From what I've heard, depth of field @ 1.0 is so shallow that your subjects will be extremelysoft and shots are unusable. Kind of a waste to pay thousands of dollars more for a slightly faster lens that isn't as sharp. But...as something that wouldgo up on the wall just so you can say you own one...yes, I'm all for it.

I haven't frequented NT as much and I rarely ever post these days. I still lurk in this thread every now and then, and it's cool to see how some of youguys have progressed, especially you man. Your studio lighting technique is far more advanced that anyone I've seen on here. I just picked up some AB 800sbut I still have a lot of strobist learning to do. I've noticed though that you've been watching the work of that Phamster dude on POTN. He goes to thesame school as I do (Purdue) and I've never met or spoken to him...haha. Personally, I'm not fan of his work because he doesn't seem to make hisfill lights look natural. However I respect his work, just like with any other photographer.

I'll try and post some of my latest work, although I tend to always just end up having it on my blog only. When it comes to lenses, cameras and equipmentcomparisons, I'll probably be there to chime in, just because I'm a gear junky.

Gabe (mjbetch), keep a look out. I'll post pics of my new camera bag soon. I'm sure you'll approve of it!

Oh and just for the sake of posting something, here's one of the pics of my sis' photo shoot:

^^^^Yo Rap. After looking at your blog, what is your post processing usually like on your photos? Like are all photos treated different or is there a usualthing that you do to get your photos the way they look?

For Aperture and/or Photoshop users, what's the best action plugins out there? onOne PhotoTools 2? Kevin Kubota Image Tools?

I would love to learn how to use my camera better Canon EOS Rebel XTi but here's a couple I have taken.

mini_js.jpg

Michigan Ave - Chicago
michigan_ave.jpg

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

I haven't frequented NT as much and I rarely ever post these days. I still lurk in this thread every now and then, and it's cool to see how some of you guys have progressed, especially you man. Your studio lighting technique is far more advanced that anyone I've seen on here. I just picked up some AB 800s but I still have a lot of strobist learning to do. I've noticed though that you've been watching the work of that Phamster dude on POTN. He goes to the same school as I do (Purdue) and I've never met or spoken to him...haha. Personally, I'm not fan of his work because he doesn't seem to make his fill lights look natural. However I respect his work, just like with any other photographer.

I'll try and post some of my latest work, although I tend to always just end up having it on my blog only. When it comes to lenses, cameras and equipment comparisons, I'll probably be there to chime in, just because I'm a gear junky.

Gabe (mjbetch), keep a look out. I'll post pics of my new camera bag soon. I'm sure you'll approve of it!

Oh and just for the sake of posting something, here's one of the pics of my sis' photo shoot:

lol - what's your s/n there? do you post there a lot?

I love that picture man .. I need to get outdoors man, but being by myself and having all the lights up its a *#$#+ .. tried it once and minutes in 2 AB bustedI was like ok I'm done .. I need to get someone to help me setup and move the lights ..

Thanks for the compliments man .. its a learning process but to think that in March I didnt know %#*$ about lighting and now I'm doing some good things itseven rewarding to me ... But I honestly believe I have a bunch to learn ....

i dont agree, the f/1 is pretty crisp to me.
Hot Hot pictures girl .. love em ...

You shoot does with the f/1? the second picture you might have gotten away with it wide open but that 1st picture that couldnt be wide open .. or was it?

i understand bobby hundreds shooting with a 5d and L lenses (always nice pics on the blog btw) but... SOME of you guys are really young/ still in school/ notpro and shoot with 5ds and a number of L lenses... where do you get your funding? i would love some L glass but unless I'm pro I don't really see apoint in spending so much $ on lenses/pro bodys...

trust me, after your first, you'll be hooked. i work and save up for a lens every so often, you'll go that extra length because L's are soooocrisp.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

^^^^Yo Rap. After looking at your blog, what is your post processing usually like on your photos? Like are all photos treated different or is there a usual thing that you do to get your photos the way they look?
I analyze each shot and process it the way I want it to look. I'm in an "exploring" stage right now (processing-wise) so eachpicture looks different from one another. I can't say exactly how I did them because they're all different but it takes a lot of layers and masks,particularly curves manipulation. I do suggest not relying solely on actions that you find online but instead learning and attempting how a certain look isachieved. Not take away from some people's work, but I've always wondered how many people here actually know how to create that "retro"action that was introduced here recently from scratch without clicking the play button.

i dont agree, the f/1 is pretty crisp to me.

2854130587_3000e9e80b_b.jpg

3440452717_247472c6bf_o.jpg
I never said the 50 f/1.0 was an overall soft lens. I just question it's usability wide open...but if those shots were taken at f/1 thenI'm impressed. I just never saw the justification for owning an f/1 when the f/1.2 is a fraction of it's price and can pretty much achieve the sameshots. I mean, there is a reason why Canon discontinued the lens. Oh and dope shots! You're lucky to have some beautiful subjects down there in Florida. Iwish I could say the same thing here in Indiana.

Originally Posted by RiKaN HaVoK

lol - what's your s/n there? do you post there a lot?

I love that picture man .. I need to get outdoors man, but being by myself and having all the lights up its a *#$#+ .. tried it once and minutes in 2 AB busted I was like ok I'm done .. I need to get someone to help me setup and move the lights ..

Thanks for the compliments man .. its a learning process but to think that in March I didnt know %#*$ about lighting and now I'm doing some good things its even rewarding to me ... But I honestly believe I have a bunch to learn ....
I rarely post there too. I just lurk, read and learn from other people's work. I always also frequent the buy & sell section, alwayslooking for some deals
laugh.gif
I'm on there with the same S/N.

I was gonna get the Calumet Genesis 400 before deciding with the AB 800. What caused me to pull the trigger with the Alien Bees is its ability to be broughtout on location using a battery. Did you use a Vagabond? But yeah, I know what you mean. Setting up all that gear can be quite a pain. If you get yourphotography business up and going, hiring assistants is practically a must. That or you can just use your friends...haha.

Originally Posted by andrewbeezy

i understand bobby hundreds shooting with a 5d and L lenses (always nice pics on the blog btw) but... SOME of you guys are really young/ still in school/ not pro and shoot with 5ds and a number of L lenses... where do you get your funding? i would love some L glass but unless I'm pro I don't really see a point in spending so much $ on lenses/pro bodys...
If you're passionate about something and are willing to put in the time and effort, including saving up money for equipment, it's worthit. The good thing about photography is that unlike collecting sneakers, photos can actually be enjoyed by everyone.

Plus, 5Ds and D700s aren't completely pro bodies. They're just more affordable full-frame DSLRs. L glass is just crack. Once you get a taste of thatbeautiful red ring, it's hard to go back. Although some lenses do match L glass in terms of image quality, they don't have the build quality and frontelement coating to go through rough handling and extreme conditions that Ls can. The bottom line is, if you love photography enough and shoot enough to wantthe best in photographic equipment, you'll make the investment by saving up.

Oh and since we're on the topic of L lenses (I'll just throw this out there to bug the Nikon fanboys
tongue.gif
), Nikkor's outdated primes don't comeclose to the quality of Canon's L-series...and this is a known fact, admitted by Nikon shooters themselves!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Yo, can somebody school me on tripods?
What's your budget, type of camera, biggest lens you have and what are you looking to shoot? These all come into factor when choosing atripod.

Did my first car photoshoot with my boys g35, im liking how it turned out..C&C please!

They look ok. IMO the WB is off, and the car is underexposed. You can't really see the lines or details of the car. I know shooting black cars is a painthough, especially at night, you pretty much NEED off camera flash to make it work, or a tripod.

Back
Top Bottom